Overwatch x Twitch: Support a Streamer

Blizzard don’t even hide about from streamer privilege now, even if we know about it for all games and years.

1 Like

I would rather use Overwatch League tokens to unlock Brig’s new skin.

4 Likes

The promotion starts at 11:00 PT (in about 25 mins from this reply). Remember to avoid using the mobile apps if you decide on gifting subs. For information on why not use a mobile app, I detail it in this post: PSA: Do NOT gift Twitch subs from the mobile app!

1 Like

I have a code but I’m on console… Do I have to wait when OW2 comes out?

Yes until October 4th brings cross progression.

1 Like

Code redemption needs to be done through Battle.net, which your console should be connected to. You might need your phone/PC to redeem the code, but the skin should be available in Overwatch to use once redeemed. The skin is not exclusive to OW2.

It says on the page it’s PC only but when OW2 comes out you have cross progression. I don’t own a pc copy so I have to wait.

As i said in my previous post saying how i cant see why this wouldnt unlock on console; this does unlock on console too. (Xbox) im using it now. It even has new voice lines. Like prognosis death when you kill and she says someone call the blood bank. I think 2 other new lines as well.

The process for doing this is unnecessarily annoying for people that don’t use/know Twitch.

And anyone who manages to do it should get an instant beta invite. The money-for-invite precedent is already set so why not?

You are using the skin on xbox ?

Tons of people have accidentally gifted subs beforehand and gifted subs anonymously so it doesn’t count. lol

1 Like

The community response would’ve been much more positive if much smaller streamers had a chance at being eligible, instead wasting space on that list with big streamers that are already financtually secure.

Small streamers like BastionMain, Minii_ow and CoachTeach absolutely deserve to be on this list. They’ve been streaming Overwatch for a long time now. Especially BastionMain.

1 Like

How many on here do you think beyond XQC are “financially secure”? Curious.

An aside, I wonder how many got the skin for their first gifted sub at a discount, the first for me was $3.99, the other two were $4.99 apiece for a total of 13.97. Fair price for an “exclusive” skin.

So we have xQc, Asmongold, the majority of the OWL players on the list as they get paid a lot annually, adeptthebest, Bazzagazza, Faze Mongraal and Tyr0din.

Might have missed out on a few other large YouTubers who also stream on Twitch and are on this list.

Edit: Oh, and can’t forget about T-Pain being on the list lol

With the first time discount I got the Brig skin for just under £10 which is about the same as a OWL legendary skin. So price wise it’s not a big deal at all for me personally. I tried gifting to a eligible streamer with the lowest view count at the time I made the purchase, which was QueenE

2 Likes

LOL XQC is not representative, but sure a few others are including OWL. OTOH, most on that list are anything but financially secure though. I was irritated that HolyShiftKid was not on the list, in fact I think I will donate on top to his channel, he deserves it. This guy is better at getting the point across on a kit than almost anyone else:

So Blizzard partners with Twitch to guilt people into buying a low effort de-color skin for 15 dollars supposedly to support some streamers (including people who don’t play the game at all) who are getting at best half that money. This is just sad to see…

1 Like

I would be fine with this if the list had a bunch of streamers that actually NEEDED subs, not long time streamers that have hundreds of thousands already in the bank. Some of these streamers don’t even play Overwatch outside of a promo.

I would have totally participated in this if it was a charity like Pink Mercy, but streamers? Really?

1 Like

well this seems to have been an overwhelming success, with Overwatch at position 26 on twitch

below the discontinued Starcraft 2

1 Like

I wish I could get this for console but sadly on the twitch app on PlayStation, I think there is no way to gift subs to others.

after paying 39 us dollars i will never trust a simular program for blizzard ever agian. i followed all their rules, i supported a streamer that was live on the list and they said no because they werent broadcasting over watch at that time. even know whey were broadcasting world of warcraft that does not qualify. in the fine print it says they have to be streaming ow at the time. please be careful i learned this the hard way. if your support a steamer that is broadcasting ow2 and they go offline while your doing payment you will have to pay agian. last time i ever work with twictch and blizzard on this ever agian…

2 Likes