Overwatch x Twitch: Support a Streamer

Overwatch x Twitch: Support a Streamer

The Overwatch team is partnering with Twitch to host Support a Streamer during the second beta!

View Full Article

13 Likes

Itā€™s to advertise OW2 And weā€™ll be the ones paying for these big names to advertise it, NOT YOU.

I see what youā€™re doing, itā€™s smart but not fooling me with it.

91 Likes

Why thoā€¦ why not just watch them?

23 Likes

:-1: :-1: :-1:

You still have 2 days to fix this. If you canā€™t expand the list to include any OW streamer, at least lower the # of subs required. Spending $15-$18 on streamers we donā€™t actually want to support is not a good feeling. People arenā€™t against supporting streamers, but this list isā€¦ Yikes.

Edit - Iā€™d also like for some transparency on what % blizzard walks away with out of this deal. We know 50% of the proceeds go to the streamer, and the other half goes to Amazon. What % do you take from Amazonā€™s cut?

47 Likes

Cool concept and skin but the skin isnā€™t worth $18

16 Likes

We could also support them by watching them with their ads ā€¦ this is a low move somehow !
canā€™t wait to watch a streamer that played the game once this year :crazy_face:
kanye west voice: I love some of the t-pain songs, but what does t-pain have to do with overwatch ?

6 Likes

Tier one sub costs 5.99$ btw. guys, so 18$ for this skin ā€œdonatingā€, more like paying streamers that Blizzard made deal with to promote OW2 beta.

The GREED!!!

13 Likes

Pretty shameless asking us to ā€œsupportā€ a streamer that regularly gambles millions away in front of his impressionable kid audience and isnā€™t even a regular member of the community any more.

And heā€™s far from the only questionable name up there.

47 Likes

I prefer the Beta 1 strategy over this one tbh

13 Likes

SCUUUUMMMMYYY :clown_face:

Love the skin but no plans to support any of your lap monkeys.

37 Likes

Please mention the date more upfront and explicitly. Itā€™s the day AFTER the beta starts and I can see many people not knowing this.

2 Likes

To think they even plan on doing more of these down the line. Disgusting.

18 Likes

Streamers already swimming in money aside, the irony here is that those streamers doesnā€™t play the game even during drops events.

21 Likes

This is one of those big OOF moments. Like a ā€œdo you guys not have phonesā€ moment

6 Likes

Iā€™m more and more worried about overwatch 2ā€™s monetizationā€¦ I feel October 4th could be my first and last day in this gameā€¦

19 Likes

I generally donā€™t have any problems subbing and gifting subs; I just donā€™t agree with the really big names on that list.

T-pain is really random.

2 Likes

Not to mention a lot of those non-regular OW streamers tend to drag blizzā€™s name through the mud constantly. Asmongold is a fantastic example. He spends a lot of his stream time ranting about blizz games/the state of the company, and not really in a flattering light to blizz.

8 Likes

The streamer list is racist. Itā€™s so funny how blizzard is always talking about inclusivity and stuff and then when they select streamers to support they put 0 arabic streamers(or russian).
Not even YZNSA who is in the top15 streamers of OW.(source: check on twitchmetrics website )
This list is a BIG mistake. A lot of people who didnā€™t stream ow for MONTHS are in the list. but the daily streamers arenā€™t (like: LHCloudy, FefeGG, Zaroide, YZNSA, chazm, sirmajedā€¦)
I donā€™t mind paying but I want to SUPPORT streamers that really supported overwatch when everyone left. I donā€™t think that streamers like xQc need the ā€œsupportā€ of the OW community while they didnt stream for ages.
The event should be open to every streamer and you should let the community support the streamer they want.

16 Likes

how about no?

how about you pay the people advertising your game

24 Likes

I sometimes love this community for once everyone is on board and against this ! :sob:

2 Likes