Overwatch x Twitch: Support a Streamer

This is not as bad as people make it out to be tbh. For being blizzard, this is very benign. I’m would be fine with this if you’d give us beta for watching again. (or keep access from last time I watched twitch)

Nah, this isn’t happening. I’m not paying Twitch anything.

When I first started Overwatch, there was this group of four Twitch streamers that harrassed me to the point where Blizzard gave me a B-Tag change so I could avoid them. This harassment went on for a YEAR. I still run into them from time to time, even. When I say harrassed - I had just been in a car accident, started having seizures, and had a brain injury. I was pretty unstable. They’d say things to get under my skin and I’d mute/block them. I think there were 20+ accounts that I blocked from this group of people.

No, not all streamers are like this and I get that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to pay anything to Twitch. I don’t support streamers because I don’t believe it’s a decent way to make money. Like OnlyFans, only select people make the cut. When my sister found out she was pregnant, her husband wouldn’t get a job outside of streaming. It was pretty embarrassing to know that my sister was married to someone who didn’t want to support his family.

My reasons for not liking streaming are my own. Not everyone likes streamers. Not everyone who has a Twitch account pays Twitch or any streamer. Honestly, the fact that there only select streams being used is a slap in the face to other streamers.

So, no, I will not be paying Twitch for anything. Which really sucks because I love Overwatch and am one of those nerds who has a crap ton of merchandise. Loyalty can only go so far with y’all, it seems.

3 Likes

PC exclusive.

Faces like dollar signs. I like that phrasing.

Blizzard gets fried on this, and probably wants to ask the question; “Don’t you guys have Twitch?”. They still haven’t gotten an answer whether or not people have phones, so maybe this one too will go unanswered?

In any regards, I feel that Blizzard is so disconnected from the community that they don’t even realise how bad this is. They want people to pay streamers with loads of cash, to promote Overwatch for them. I mean, really?

New flash to you Blizzard; you have players that love the game. Have you after 6 years still not realised the market value of those players? From a marketing perspective, the best - and coincidentally cheapest - marketing you can do, is invest time in those thousands of players that play the game every day. If they are happy, they will spread the word and advertise the game for you. This is basic marketing to be honest, it’s so basic in fact that it’s never really taught at marketing classes, it’s that basic. Why is it that a multi billion dollar company like ActivisionBlizzard, still hasn’t figure this one out yet?

7 Likes

I decided to check the comments after yesterday and not a single comment is happy about this so not a single customer is happy about this. This is a giant fail and the only ppl happy about this are the streamers. This is honestly just like every patch and update and change to ow in the last 3 years. If a streamer cries, change the game. If your players have a problem with something in game leave it in forever with 0 changes.

You even found a way to directly show us you love your streamers and hate us by asking us to pay your free advertising group of streamers $18 for a skin.

You want to support your streamers, watch samito’s rant on mmr reset and listen to him. Something like that would make everyone happy. Also come up with an actual anti cheat system besides phone linking. Im already being advertised ow2 beta hacks through youtube and google so im sure they exist somewhere.

1 Like

What a great way to reward Streamers. Kudos to you Blizzard!

I am generally not a fan of asking the community to give their money to streamers. If they choose to do so on their own that’s great, but in this instance I don’t care for it. Also this skin is just bad and not for a well loved character imo. Also the end of the faq says only for the PC version of the game. So does that mean console people don’t need to bother?

Is this campaign valid in LATAM? I don’t see it in the regions.

Scummy move setting it to start one day after the Beta starts… Just take a look at the streamers, they all have “Brig skin tomorrow!” because, just like me, I bet hundreds of people already subbed them because they didn’t read the fine print…

Considering they have at least one Brazilian streamer there, I would assume it is valid here as well. Otherwise it would be extra scummy :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

This has to be the worst idea ever ! Why make a skin contingent upon a) making sure you gift subs at the right time (when they are playing overwatch and listed as overwatch in their activity tag) and b) that it costs about 15 dollars total going to just give rando’s or “friends” subs with no benefit to the average gamer. Why not make it a charity skin like you did with Mercy, and just pick a different charity this time (ASPCA for example). This is a terrible decision and Blizzard you should be ashamed of trying to use this as a way to advertise with popular streamers to promote the game and create a system that deters giving back to those that actually need it. DO BETTER BLIZZARD !!!

8 Likes

you know everyoneeeeeeeeeeee’s upset when the Peacekeeper above me is UPSET

2 Likes

Indeed, y’all broke Peacekeeper’s silence. Someone messed up BIG!

1 Like

We’re supposed to click through your giant list of channels, one at a time to check, until we find someone streaming right now, all so we can pay money and help you plug your new product? :tired_face:

I’m beginning to think this corporation doesn’t respect us.

Also, I’m old enough to remember when Blizzard got its players to subscribe to Twitch for one month ($30) for a Lucio emote that they later added in-game for $10 (or tokens). Don’t get duped, guys.

5 Likes

The is one of the funniest, most desperate things I have ever seen company do. It’s hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

I get what you’re doing. You told all these people that they’d get so many views and subs and when activity cratered after the OW2 beta ended and didn’t spike back up, you’re left holding the bag. Gotta keep these valued partners invested in your product, right?

Literally just make a good game. Stop trying to astroturf all this stream garbage. If you make an incredible game and keep up a stream of content, the attention will follow.

6 Likes

I can see this skin as unlockable on xbox and it says “unlocked by participating in the support a streamer: medic brigitte event.”

So its obviously on console. It is able to be equipped on console. I think legally they have to provide the same content to consoles as pc as well. This isnt a version exclusive like cold war zombies content on ps5. I honestly think we can get this on console. Ill wait for someone else to confirm this tomorrow but all signs point to there being no reason this shouldnt be unlockable and usable on console. Its redeemed by a code. How hard would it be to make that code unlock it for console as well? Im just not seeing the barrier for this restriction while im looking at it on my tv on xbox right now. Only a little padlock icon is seperating me from using it. This is something insurmountable until october? I just find it too hard to believe. Why even show it unlockable on console if thats the case. Version exclusive skins has never been an intended thing before.

1 Like

Don’t talk about the OWL that way! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Could a blue text, PLEASE confirm whether South America can earn Brig skin or not?

1 Like

Overwatch x Streamers, not just Twitch :fist::

Support ALL Streamers - Platform Inclusivity NOT Exclusivity - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

And once again blue texts do nothing but ignore the forums and leave it to green texts to do their job:

1 Like

has the promotion started yet? Or after how many hours can I buy subscriptions?