As you can see from various posts, Overwatch is coming out for the Nintendo Switch and there is a lot of information to take in.
What is confirmed
- Nintendo E-Shop Price: $39.99 USD
- This is the Legendary Edition of Overwatch which includes the 5 Origins Skins + 5 pre-selected Legendary skins and 5 Epic skins from the standard Loot Box distribution.
- Pre-purchase the game and get the Widowmaker Noire Skin and a Golden Loot Box (only for Switch).
- Immersive gyroscopic motion controls
- Get 3 free months of Nintendo Switch Online (required for Overwatch on Switch)
- The game will run at 30 FPS at 900 pixel resolution docked and 720 pixel resolution undocked.
- Voice chat is still operated on Blizzard’s platform and not through Nintendo’s voice chat service.
- There still will not be any cross-play or cross-platform progression immediately planned for the Switch or any other console platform.
- Linking a Nintendo account will earn the rewards and benefits from outside-of-game promotions like watching Overwatch League for League Tokens
Questions still to be answered
As I anticipated there are some key questions I know the community will be asking (and frankly so am I) so I am going to be compling a list here.
- Will this be the full game as it appears on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One including all heroes and all maps?
- Will all current collectible items including skins, emotes, voice lines and sprays be available?
- There has been many great one-time offer skins and items which are no longer available. This includes items like the Pink Mercy Skin, Demon Hunter Sombra, Kerrigan Widow, etc. Will there be any way for new players who get Overwatch on Switch be able to obtain these items?
- Other console Legendary Edition bundles include the bonus goodies for Blizzard’s other PC games including World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone. Will the Switch version include these bonus goodies?
Here are other good questions from the responses below:
If anyone else has important questions they wish to ask, I encourage you to comment in this thread and I will add relevant ones to the list in this post. Hopefully, details on these and other questions about the latest platform to join the fight will come to light soon.
Notice: As a Forum MVP I have no insider knowledge to the features for Overwatch for Switch and do not represent Blizzard. This topic is intended as a single place to discuss key questions about this subject. There is no guarantee that Blizzard will choose to respond to this or any other topic about these or other questions.