Overwatch on Switch - Confirmed Facts & Key Anticipated Questions (Updated 9/16/19)

The Noire skin is neat, but if my PC cosmetics do not transfer over, then the Switch version is a hard pass for me.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this thread! I’d like to know if there’s a chance of motion aiming coming to PC as an effect of this, I played that way for a while (used steam to map motion to mouse) but an official implementation would be really nice.

Will the game be digital download only or is there going to be a physical copy?

1 Like

Hold up, are they seriously not re-releasing DH Sombra?

I am just asking the question, remember this skin is suppose to have another opportunity based on the news blog post from BlizzCon 2018.

2 Likes

Will Hanzo be getting a Mario skin and will Genji get the Luigi skin?

3 Likes

It probably won’t be able even to manage 30fps and that is going to be with graphic downgrades.

Also if it is like PC, the first 30 mins will be unplayable due fps lag.

1 Like

I want to add that you guys (Blizzard) missed a great opportunity on giving Soldier 76 a Mario skin and Reaper a Luigi skin with their own set of voicelines, shame.

Edit: Also WHEN IS D.VA CONFIRMED FOR SMASH

1 Like

great now you can play OW at y our local coffee shop

By the ways let it also be noted it appears that Mario likes to tilt Luigi in competitive online gaming based on the icon on the bottom of the Nintendo page for the game…

https://www.nintendo.com/content/dam/noa/en_US/accessories/online-play/online-play.png

3 Likes

Luigi was my first waifu

How is voice chat gonna work on it? Will it be the same Splatoon shenanigans?

I only have the PC version of Overwatch. On a console, can I use the same battlenet account for both console and PC or do I need two accounts to play two platforms?

Help me out Xbox One and PS4 peeps!

You only need one account and the same BattleNet account on PC can be used to link to all three platforms if you own Overwatch on each.

1 Like

How will SR be affected by everyone starting with a clean MMR? Will it take a long time to get to your deserved rank on a new account like it does for other platforms?

In game stats on each platform is separate even if linked via BattleNet, so there will be starting from scratch unless any cross-play features are ever enabled (right now I am assuming not).

After doing some digging this looks like Digital Download only, though one can maybe find packaged codes in boxes in stores.

https://www.nintendo.com/content/dam/noa/en_US/games/switch/o/overwatch-legendary-edition-switch/Switch_Overwatch_box.png/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

1 Like

more than likely Nintendo would give a hearty “no”

You can use the one battletag, but unlocks don’t transfer over. Excluding twitch unlocks they transfer

1 Like

Do you know if you purchase a loot box or Overwatch League tokens if you can determine which platform gets them? I’m assuming it isn’t both.