Overwatch for the Switch

So I’ve played a lot of hours on my PS4, but if I wanted to now get Overwatch on the switch, which is the main console I play with friends now, could I transfer my game data over or I’d have to start everything from level 1?

Pretty much every time this is asked they say something about wanting to do stuff with the skins but having great challenges. So… right now probably not.

1 Like

You start over from scratch. Jeff Kaplan said last year they were looking into cross-save, but that it’s challenging.

Now would be a perfect time to implement it, though.

Not going to happen

You can’t transfer accounts to different consoles. If you start playing on the Switch version, then it’s like starting a new account.

Maybe in the far future they’ll allow transfers, but for now they just want more money. Force the whales to buy tons of loot boxes to get kitted out on a new system. Also why they only sell the legendary edition or what ever that cost 39.99 and not the base version.

They are also offering the pre-order Widow skin again for Switch… and being overly non committal about skin transfers. I can only imagine it’s in hopes of getting a bunch of people to buy the switch version to hopeful transfer the exclusive skins they missed to the PC or console editions they have.

Give people hope and they will give you their money.

Why is this even a big deal, its cosmetics.

It’s a “big deal” because you have people who’ve been playing for hundreds of hours restarting with nothing in their inventory, not excluding the fact that some skins are event only, and because you’re restarting you probably cant buy that skin you really like, same with emotes and voice lines, people hecking like that stuff.

Plus people are REBUYING the game, it would be nice enough if they could transfer what they earned from one account to another, most people simply do not want to hope to luck that they get their event skins back.

Hey there, as of this time there is no indication there will be any cross-transfer or cross-save feature for Nintendo Switch or any other platform for Overwatch at this time.

Follow this thread as I am tracking all features for the upcoming Nintendo Switch release:

I really hope they know how backwards and behind the times this makes them look. They can talk about challenges all they want, but if other games can do it, they have no excuse.

1 Like