About cross-progress for Nintendo Switch

Yesterday was finally announced Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch. However, I am interested in a couple of things related to the progress of the account on other platforms. We already know that the account level can not be transferred. We also know that it will be possible to transfer limited skins. What about the ranking game? Will be transferred if the “hidden rating”, badges and graffities for participation or will begin to reckon with absolute zero? Also transferred badges for events and others? I would be happy to hear an accurate answer from the developers, if possible! Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I’m also interested in hearing about the possibility of increasing the base framerate of the game to 60fps instead of 30, according to what I’ve heard. I already own the game on PC, and if there’s no plans for similar performance, I’ll probably stick to PC only despite owning a Nintendo Switch console.

Can the developers provide any reassurance that playing this game at 30fps will really be enjoyable on the switch?

Im playing at 30 fps on my PC and enjoying it. 30 FPS wont be a rly terrible problem to enjoy, i think.

2 Likes

Where did you hear that we would be able to transfer our skins from other accounts? I have a handful of no longer obtainable skins on my Xbox account and being unable to transfer them to the Switch would be the one thing stopping me from buying the Switch port.

2 Likes

Most pc gamers play above 60, and some have switches because it’s basically a better mobile gaming with good games, but PALADINS, a game similar in specs runs at hecking 60, so it’s a no brainer that Overwatch should at most run at 60.

Paladins Recommend specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz

• Memory: 6 GB RAM

• Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950
    Overwatch’s Recommended Specs:
    Operating System

Windows® 7 / Windows® 8 / Windows® 10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)

Processor

Intel® Core™ i5 or AMD Phenom™ II X3 or better

Video

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7950 or better

It’s a no brainer, Overwatch should be 60 on the Switch.

1 Like

As of this time there is no indication there will be any cross-transfer or cross-save feature for Nintendo Switch or any other platform for Overwatch at this time.

Furthermore, it was confirmed that Overwatch on Switch will only play at 30 FPS whether in docked or undocked modes.

Follow this thread as I am tracking all features for the upcoming Nintendo Switch release:

This, if the Switch can run TW3 at 30fps, there is no excuse for 30fps on OW…

Even if there is hardware limitation (which I belive is not the case), they should cut things like resolution and textures, never performance, even PC players with high-end hardware usually play this game at low due how important is performance…
TL;DR: If you have to cut something, cut visuals, not performance, what the heck Blizzard?

Then, are you going to up frame rate to 60 in Switch 2, or Pro, may be?

I want to say… incorrect… you must be watching people with $$$ who ARE ABLE To play with Higher than 60FPS

WHY??? Why isnt there cross save for switch??? this feels like it should have been a given??? Thanks for wasting my money!

1. They are a board support person thingy. They arent in charge of what happens with the development of the game.

2. This topic has been here for months. You could have done your research.

3. Necro posts are looked down on here

Realistically, cross-play/cross-progression is difficult from a logistics standpoint. Don’t forget that console manufacturers manage the game sales including DLC content, so realistically, it can be difficult for games to negociate new deals from their original agreements. Games are starting to overcome this (like Fortnite and Minecraft), but there is no news for Overwatch at this time.

It really depends on how you play. I play on PC, PS4 and Switch as I got them all during sales on each platform. For switch specifically, the lower framerate is a definate and large disadvantage when compared to PS4 and PC but that’s not all.

Since everyone is playing at 30fps with the same disadvantage, it immediately becomes not important to the overall experience. Every single character is still absolutely playable. At the very least though, I’d recommend a pro controller or one of those joycon replacement pro controllers. (Yes they exists somewhere.)

As for the possibility of the game running at 60? I’d say it’s a stretch. The game as it is right now is running at the lowest settings coupled with a less than 1080p image. I’m not sure how many more sacrifices they can make to the quality of the game to hit the 60fps mark. If they somehow pulled it off, it would be quite the achievement.