⚠ Overwatch is About to Die

These posts have literally been on here since mass rez was removed.

It’s gonna be here for a while.

Define a “dead” game.

I don’t think people literally mean servers are off and no one can play it but just about quality of the experience and community as well as the ability to watch the game.

By those standards yes this game is dead. You can clearly mark where experiences went down based off additions of hero’s as well as poor calls in balance from devs. The community is more full of Smurf’s than teammates that want to try. It is more common to have someone troll because they can’t play a hero they want. Watching this game is painful with all the shields and clutter in the abilities.

Also content creators are almost non existent for this game.

If the fact that you can still play this game on a server with people means it’s alive then we could call titan fall 2 a live and healthy game lol.

This game may still be “alive” but it is not thriving for sure. It will be in a content drought for the next year atleast. Good luck with this surviving that on skins only.

I can only hear the thread title in the computerized Gauntlet voice.

buzz-buzz
buzz-buzz
buzz-buzz

ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba
pththththb

To be fair to the Overwatch developers, they have been listening to our feedback and acting on it.

We asked for: Role Queue, an honour system (endorsements), LFG, Workshop and PvE (Overwatch 2).

They are listening, they’re just not very vocal.

They also “reverted” the recent Brigitte shield bash nerf due to popular demand.

1 Like

Yeah yeah been hearing it for 4 years.

When you live your life from one “apocalyptic event” to the next “apocalyptic event”, you tend to ignore prophets yelling in the streets. I survived Y2K, I survived 12/21/12, Overwatch will survive whatever “kills” it.

It’s been dying. That’s why they’re not putting resources into ow anymore.

They’re gonna relaunch with ow2

Overwatch is like Nintendo, the difference is that Nintendo is dying since 1996…

This game even on a downturn is still competing with the likes of Final Fantasy 7 Remake on twitch views (currently almost tripling it as it’s already seeing a downturn.) You know the Remake of possibly the best Jrpg of all time or at least the most universally known that has been anticipated for a decade? I think overwatch is doing just fine.

Tell that to switch and nintendo wii sales. People seem to view anything short of being top dog as dying.

RPGs have a limit on how long they are viewed on twitch for being so predictable after awhile to watch and there is little to no new content. It’s a story once it’s seen it’s starts falling.

Comparing a single player game to a pvp based game is kind of odd. Do you compare two completely opposite things and based off imbalanced results make assumptions?

But let’s talk about the health of this game. First off do healthy games have an esport with an MVP leaving for a brand new game without any idea of what is in store for him? Gives up stable job for a gamble. Lol totally healthy.
Fortnite is roughly the same age as overwatch and there dev team puts out way more content and is generous to their content creators. LoL is over ten years old and had little changes in its gameplay and still easily holds too 5 spot in viewers. CSGO is the same with little change and a solid viewer base. Apex which was largely forgotten for about 5 months by devs came back and is doing consistently better in views than overwatch.

While this does not mean views = enjoyment it does show that people have more entertainment viewing this games than they do overwatch right now.

Also isn’t this healthy game getting put on life support for the development of a pve part of the game? The game couldn’t be balanced so they literally force people off hero’s for a week so that metas don’t become stale? That’s pretty healthy that the devs have saved themselves work by just blocking hero’s for a week so the game can be balanced lol. Sure is healthy there.

Overwatch will be fine don’t be dramatic.

1 Like

Overwatch is in better shape than it’s ever been. My guess is that Overwatch will be the WoW of FPS - lots of people saying it will die, lots of games coming out that are supposed killers, and none of it mattering.

The game is not nearly as popular as it was a couple of years ago though. Very few people play it at school and barely anyone talks about it.

The severe lack of new gameplay content and slow balancing definitely doesn’t help.

Even though I love Overwatch and I am still playing… I hope it dies so Blizzard can fire or move or anything these useless Devs… Firing them is the best option to punish them for their useless handling, even though I know that its a marketing issue as well.

1 Like

historically, one good expansion, one bad expansion, bfa was really bad, subs dropped below 1 million, so now we should get good expansion, thats why they communicate, because they know this one cant be bad.
even my guild quit in bfa, and we were playing for years!
just yesterday we had a chat if we gonna raid again or not, so we decided to wait and see more info on the expansion.
Ow wont die, UT2004 is still alive.

Remember when Paladins came out!?

Overwatch was suppose to die then too.
I think it was like…post 529422222222.

Those were the days.

1 Like

YUP Devs avoid forums as fire

Well that really sucks for those of us that actually enjoy high level competitive Overwatch, or at least it existing.

I can’t really explain it. But it’s a big part of the game.

You give an example which is almost week old?

And please do tell me where exactly I said that they’re avoiding the forums?
They have more important things to work on than babysit angwy posters whos doing these ‘‘the game is dead/dying for what ever reason’’ -meme threads, etc.

This game has literally been DEAD since August of 2017 and it got chopped up in December 2017.

• Mercy nerf DUMPSTERS the game of all the paying casuals that played her.
  • December 2017 turns into SMURFF WATCH. Blizzard begins blending “THOSE” players into matches, regardless.
  • Overwatch league means the game now revolves around League instead of what is good for the STANDARD player.
  • Troll-heroes like Moira, Doomfist and Brigg are introduced.
  • Role Q takes the core game and puts DPS in a line so long, that it makes the game really stink for the standard, casual person.