New updates from a Gamespot Interview with Jeff Kaplan about Overwatch 2:
- Absolutely confirming no new hero for Overwatch 1
- Apparently the development of priority passes started even more role queue was released
- Confirmed alpha and beta testing phases for Overwatch 2
- Jeff Kaplan again reminds that one day (in the future) they may stop making heroes to keep the overall pool under control and briefly speculates about returning Map Pools or introducing Map Voting (note this is Jeff’s speculation, and not confirming such features at all).
- There is going to be a new dog character (not a hero) “that people will fall in love with” which is related to one of the existing heroes (and it is not Orisa’s French Bulldog)
- Regarding Assault (2CP) map type: “On the 2CP journey–and by the way, it wasn’t intentionally ambiguous in the BlizzCon movie. We can just confirm that we’re going to remove 2CP from competitive play in Overwatch 2. It’s sort of beyond a consideration at this point and something that we’ve committed to. So it’s safe to confirm that.”