I cannot stand the quitters on PvE

Sorry for intervening**
What achievement?

Im so curious

Edit: auto correction is embarrassing

The Doomfist Cratered achievement where he needs to land his ultimate on the entire team. And they need to be specific enemies given Dva’s mech doesn’t count, and anyone with invulnerability can avoid the hit. I believe it is the second most rare achievement in the game.

I believe i have it when doomfist was launched i got it by pure luck :laughing: i had a zarya and i just pressed triangle

1 Like

Window of Opportunity
Even ML7 only got it this year and he was really happy about it bc it’s so rare.

1 Like

It needs to be implemented in Everything!

Here’s hoping we’ll have Overwatch 2 this time next year…

1 Like

I kept getting into games with 2 guys that we’re clearly hunting for the no deaths player icon, because they left immediately after every death, and 90% of the time it was them dying. I got 1 or the other in every single game I played. So, it was just a cycle of getting 3 mins into Retribution, them feeding, leaving and then the rest of us leaving because we weren’t going to bother trying with 3 people.

Uh, it is interesting to know about this and earlier comments mentioned players hunting for perfectionists achievements as well. What a disgrace.
If only Blizzard allowed backfill on PvE matches, this issue I brought would be greatly mitigated. Quitters should still be punished, though.

I stopped playing for the rewards for PVE mode for the fact that players REFUSE to ready up. There is nothing like waiting 20 minutes in a lobby and each person drops in, then REFUSES to ready up, and are NOT ejected from the match screen within the first 30 seconds if they refuse to pick.

Second,

I do normally do the event Cosmetics and work towards them. But this year it felt too “grindy” to get them. Especially with the way players are behaving. I will go for the Mercy Skin and that is it. That is, if I don’t frustrate and just stop.

I’ve played the event each year and there is ZERO reason for a player to RAGE QUIT the match. It is LITERALLY easy to do. Even at the hardest difficulty.

(minus, those that REFUSE To board the unloading zone). I’ve had that happen a few times. Where players keep fighting in an area and refuse to escape the objective. That is where we need a “LEFT BEHIND” Mechanic.

2 Likes

My first time playing I waited a full minute for one teammate to pick their hero, they picked Genji, then we make it so the way to the end and this fool just sits on top of the aircraft we need to board. The entire team waiting in there until her FINALLY got sniped because he wasn’t getting any healing from Mercy (me 🥲)
It was the most drawn out annoying experience I’ve had in this game for a while, I just wanted to finally play Retribution and get the Lucio skin

1 Like

Had an Uprising match where 2 people left.

All that remained was me on Torb and my teammate on Bastion. Somehow we still managed to win… barely. Pretty sure we would have lost if we had chosen any other heroes.

But it was quite annoying to take on most of a mission with half a team.

2 Likes

Tbf I leave at the start if people don’t skip the damn intro. I’m not sitting 5 minutes waiting to go through that stupid thing

They finally fixed that mechanic, you still win if they refuse to board.

1 Like

I once did win Uprising as Orisa only with Bastion. :laughing: (Sweating like crazy.)

That made me laugh, tx. :joy:

( :point_right: Usually rides as D.Va ontop of the leaving dropship. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

I mainly played Overwatch to try to get every achievement in the game but now I have all of them I play around 1 hour a day or so. (Hate playing competitive cos it makes me sweat in real life btw).

(Yes I am flexing because no one ever checks my career profile in game unless I tell them to :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::+1:)

I only found out you could do this in this year so I teleported on top as Reaper and took a few screenshot cos it looks epic. Leader of Blackwatch with take a knee emote relaxing on top of stealthy ship.

2 Likes

They will fix this later, after OW2 comes. Otherwise it won’t sell.

This was always, always, ALWAYS, my pet peeve with these modes. Imagine getting 75% of the way there and your healer quits. Or your tank quits. All that wasted time. Like, just dumb decision to not have backfill. Especially since as the back filler, you’d get basically full credit for 1/4 of the job. Who wouldn’t want that?

Agree, another important detail they overlooked.

Agree.

Also want to add that there should no longer be mission endings like in Retribution where everyone needs to get on the plane for the mission to count as complete. Super tired of that one sweaty tryhard staying outside trying to kill whatever keeps dropping in only to inevitably die while wasting everyone else’s time.

2 Likes

I’m confident that most players don’t want to be used as backfill. IMO the proper way to deal with the issue is punishing and eventually banning (at least from the coop part of PvE) those who leave missions on a frequent basis. Just like in case of competitive PvP. There is no place for players like them in a team based game.

IMO most PvE issues can be remedied by adding a role queue and an open queue but I don’t expect a fix before OW2.

So what? Blizzard should not choose between one or another. Timeout must be implemented everywhere.

I don’t know why you needed to tell me that twice but okay.

1 Like