Overwatch 2 Ready Check: Prepare for Launch!

I agree. Id rather get nuked by a smurf widow every other game than not be able to play at all. This is so insane to me…

2 Likes

What really sucks is that people that dont mind linking numbers (myself) literally can’t. I go through cricket. Not a small company or box phone by any means. They use AT&T towers i’m pretty sure even. Have an Iphone X. Also been playing overwatch one on and off since launch. Now after buying the watchpoint pack and waiting patiently I can’t play because my phone service provider isn’t covered?! What kind of crap is that?! You can have my info I honestly don’t care. Its for a video game. The issue is that I am ok with it yet still don’t “qualify” to play their game… make it make sense

4 Likes

Hey, I found a way to get a phone number that the game will accept, but it costs $0.99. There is an app called Talkatone that is just a phone app but for some reason it works with Battlenet. I am able to play now with it

1 Like

That’s incredibly ironic if that works. Because if it does. Then their plan to stop botting/smurfs through this means nothing. Bots and smurfs will effortlessly spend a dollar. Block cricket and metro but allow talkatone that cost $1… excuse me??? There is no logic. The problem is. None of this will be fixed any time soon. There is hardly any CMs because blizzard fired most of them. If they even read this thread there is nothing they can do besides tell their boss who is likely apathetic and won’t run it up the ladder. So unless this ends up impacting their profits (which it likely will) and the shareholders find out. Nothing is going to happen. Nothing we say here will make a difference. Only when the shareholders find out that it’s losing money will they care. It’s so pathetic.

I wish there was a way that I knew to easily notify most of blizzard shareholders that 8% of the US population is being blocked from their new game. I doubt most of them read the forums. Most shareholders hold shares for money not because they care about the product. I doubt most blizzard shareholders even play blizzard games. Maybe some of the lesser ones do but none of the bigger ones with more influence. It’s why quality has gone down so much. They only care about short term gains. Nothing else matters. Least of all quality.

4 Likes

Well if that really does work their whole system is useless. So we are being punished for something they havent even fixed. Guess it doesnt matter too much if i cant play the game anyway. I refuse to use some secondary app or something because if it did work and i got in then later they deleted those accounts or something then id be back at ground zero.

Here’s some details about Talkatone:

1 Like

When they open your ticket just to leave you on read… thanks blizzard for the assistance. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

honestly, even if something happens with Talkatone that makes me unable to use the number I got from them anymore it isn’t like I would be much better off than when I didn’t have a number from them. I’ll just be unable to play, like I was before because Blizzard hates Cricket, lol

1 Like

So not an option to me. Too many risks especially since bliz won’t let you change your phone number.

I said a week ago this would blow up and people would be caught unaware. Here we are.

2 Likes

apply phone number… already in use o.O cant play game LOL. wont get another phone number just for game.

2 Likes

How to unlock the new Silhouette sprays? they ain’t in the battle pass, and not in the shop??? lol

Yes, this is such a problem. They don’t even seem to care about the players who are unable to access the game, even after buying OW1.

4 Likes

lmfao what a post. just delete it

2 Likes

idk maybe you guys should prepare for launch?

3 Likes

huh… just like smurfs could. Imaging not letting people play who have been loyal since day one because they dont spend enough on cell phones. Having an iphone and spending $55 a month for unlimited through cricket isnt enough. You have to go through only the “qualified” companies. Doesnt matter if you bought overwatch and now its gone. Doesnt matter if you bought the watchpoint pack. Doesnt matter if youve played since day one of OG overwatch. HOWEVER I could just go into my contacts and make 15 alts off of friends and family numbers that dont game. Really sticking it to them smurfs and hackers!

5 Likes

It won’t stop all bots/smurfs, but it will be a deterrant to many who don’t want to bother going through and setting up a phone number for each of their dozens of accounts.

I’ve played since beta. I am not a big whale on lootboxes but I have bought them occasionly. I bought the OG games. And bought watchpoint. I’m SoL.

1 Like

Then there is no reason to block cricket/metro. If a $1 phone number is allowed and counts as an “effective deterrent” than a $30-60 should also count.

3 Likes

What the hell is going on with Blizzard? Wow classic servers are completely messed up, and I log into OW to see that it’s the same thing here as well.

1 Like