Overwatch 2 Known Issues - October 25, 2022

getting an “the application encountered an unrecoverable error” Tried a scan and repair but still nothing.

1 Like

Every time I launch Overwatch, it prompts me with “The application encountered an unrecoverable error. Click ‘OK’ to create a memory dump, then please share it on our support site.”

You and many more… Try to fill a ticket to see if they can pinpoint where they messed up…
I disabled all overlays, reset in-game settings, repaired and then reinstalled the game restarted the computer (even unplugged it) ensured that my computer was all up to date and still get that crash

got back into the game just now and the account merge button still doesn’t work for me Please does anyone know any solution to this please No one is talking about this

3 Likes

I bought the Watchpoint Pack on the Playstation Store months ago, but have no premium battlepass or coins from it now. I tried both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Overwatch, it makes no difference.

2 Likes

Just fill a ticket… Imo, it’s a waste of time attempting fixes… The only thing that I’m missing is to reinstall Windows, well that’s not going to happen.

Also for reference

Hi there,
During battle, the moving characters glitches (they either move like the speed of Tracer or shows multiple same characters at once). But it’s not lagging since I can still aim/shoot/heal them and if they stop moving, the multi characters merge back at once. I’ve also tried matching the hugest frame rate with my pc (144Hz) and adjust video quality to lowest setting but didn’t work, :slightly_frowning_face:

I haven’t seen people complain about this but my FPS gets really low when I’m at the opening screen or some other menus.

Overwatch used to run at 200+ FPS and the menus would be locked at 60 FPS. In Overwatch 2 I get the same 200+ FPS while playing but the menus drop to like below 30 FPS for some reason.

Is there a setting that might be causing this or is it just poor UI optimization?

1 Like

Did you try reading the post you are replying to? What they are going to do is continue to work on the issues until they are fixed.

Don’t forget that all overwatch 1 players like me who are also considers paying customers as they have no way to access the original game they paid for.

Like what specific acknowledgement are you looking for. They have addressed working on the error codes. Your money went into them having the resources for working overnight, instead of the engineers having a good nights sleep.

The game is not going anywhere, and this limbo is guaranteed to not be permanent. You should know by now that it is weirder for launch for a game or expansion to actually go well on launch, rather than having bugs.

Like how can you be in the dark when you are literally replying to an update to what is happening in order to be transparent.

4 Likes

It might be some setting, before the last patch that got me locked out of the game completely on the menus I had the constant 60

1 Like

Honestly idc if you shut down OW for a few days to fix everything. I just want the missing stuff i own back, the watch point pack where i paid for and that my stats on my career profile are getting fixed cause everything is mixed up and a mess on my career profile after playing this game for 6 years and my account means a lot to me. I just hope everything is fixed soon

2 Likes

You tell people to open a ticket if there having an issue then have no way for them to open a ticket. You’re focusing on people having the wrong type of phone contract and it taking time for people to load into the game and give 0 i for on when myself or others are going to get the items we paid for back. Give me back my pink mercy!

1 Like

The only solution is waiting. According to Blizzard they are working on ideas to fix things client side first, and if that does not go to plan they gave an approximated week to go through with server side plans and ideas to fix these bugs.

we will just have to wait and see.

1 Like

I dont know if its a huge coincidence. But today I got disconnected when I got one of the new achievements on xbox. Happened to me twice and once to my friend. Since it happened 3 times in a short amount of time I suppose its a bug, might wanna look into that.

1 Like

Thank you for the transparency, the gameplay is crazy fun. Just want to dive in all weekend.

Was in a queue of 140000 for account merging 17 hours ago. Before maintenance I got down to 57000… I log back in and I am now in a queue of a WHOPPING 430000 PEOPLE. I am done, I was looking forward to this game. Too bad. To make matters worse my friends’ accounts merged immediately and they got 10x the amount of their comp points. If I don’t get the same I will never touch a blizzard game ever again. Don’t even get me started on the fact that it will take 33 weeks of playing FOR FREE just to earn enough coins for a singular Legendary skin. Very upset, thanks blizzard…

1 Like

bumping this, please check on this!

1 Like

nah bruh i accidently unlinked my switch account from my battle net and when i re linked it and logged in my skins werent there. could anyone help? i dont want 3 years of progress deleted :sob:

Got in
Account merge is still in Queue
But all my heroes are unlocked again
Also can see and changed my unlocked PC icons
They are making some progress at least
(I’m on PS5)

1 Like

Here, have some “unknown” issue