Overwatch 2 disconnection followed by suspension

And here we go again, suspended.

Your friendly reminder that a forum is neither a bug tracker nor a bug reporting system: potential duplicates exist at:

1 Like

Not a comp player, but I can barely do my dailies because of it. My wifi is stable, I reinstalled the game and I can barely finish a match without getting disconnected to menu screen at least once. Iā€™m a console player

1 Like

i cant even finish my challenge if disconnected every single time i play other games its fine and my connection is stable. The problem clearly on blizzard

1 Like

I was winning, and suddenly got disconnected by the game server (brought back to the login screen). Then itā€™s back online and I am suspended for 15 mins. It happens lot of times during my normal quick play and itā€™s not my internet issue but Blizzardā€™s server itself. PLEASE FIX THIS.

1 Like

You must be new to the game. Blizzard has been doing this since the beginning of OW1. Itā€™s unfortunate but, they havenā€™t changed this system since 2016 I donā€™t think they will change it now.

1 Like

This happened to me too on multiple occasions. I remember it being a problem in overwatch 1 but never as bad as this. I didnā€™t get the win even though I disconnected on the last 5 second of the game today. But well if the money keeps rolling in from the skins, why would they put manpower in fixing the game.

1 Like

Same happend to me, couldnā€™t play for 15 minutes, so I just went to play Fortnite

1 Like

Just happened to me. Playing open queue comp. Didnā€™t even make it to character select, got booted & suspended. I have fibre internet ffs. I have never quit, thrown, been reported etc. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

As a software developer Iā€™m extremely disappointed in the fact that weā€™re unable to rejoin games after the game crashes, and further disturbed by the fact that a team at Blizzard thought a 15 minute ban for a crash or brief disconnect after a single instance was an acceptable design choice. Whatever arbitrary choices were made in regards to the penalties is nothing short of troubling. Arbitrary or seemingly arbitrary design choices should never be applied to something like this. Ever.

The staggering degree of ineptitude displayed with that design choice is, frankly, shocking.

2 Likes

I was trying to queue a game, it found a server and it tried to join the match but it was ā€œstuckā€ and 30 seconds after, I got 1 hour suspend of thatā€¦

This was my third(?) time to get suspend after trying to join a game.

3 Likes

Same problem here. I was in a comp match and all of a sudden it started lagging even though I was connected through an Ethernet cable. I was redirected to the home screen, got a notification that a match was found but it wasnā€™t loading. When I tried to queue for a new comp match turn out I got suspended for 15 minutes. I didnā€™t flame or anything the entire match and hadnā€™t play OW for like 5 days. I saw this is a pretty common mistake since the release of the game and yet it hasnā€™t been solvedā€¦

1 Like

Just happened to me, suspended for 8 hours. So annoying.

2 Likes

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time Iā€™ve had this happen to me since Overwatch 2 came out. I was going to start my own complaint but I found this one.

Luckily they are far enough apart that I have only gotten up to a 15 min suspension.

Punishments should be disabled until you have a reliable way of knowing whoā€™s fault the disconnects are.

Iā€™m on PC.

2 Likes

This just happened to me. I just bought the premium battle pass too :frowning: a game throwing me out and then banning me makes me not wanna spend money on it lol

1 Like

This just happened to me. I got kicked from the server and now banned for an hour. I was playing, doing my job then I couldnā€™t control the character and got kicked. I hardly ever play competitive and never leave the match early. My internet is still up and running and I even got messages from the team chat so I was still connected. Why was I kicked and banned? I wasnā€™t inactive or throwing. I was very much participating.

2 Likes

yeah some thing happened to me as well, which is why i mentioned it on one of the post i made not very long ago so yeah, i understand how you feel.
at the same time i would also like to mention it was during my stream tooā€¦ so i had to end it quickly.

2 Likes

for me 19 hours on the suspended time

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me today. Yesterday when i was playing i also got banned because while game search ongoing i was browsing internet with my second screen. When the game was found i switched to the game and it disconnected. Reward was 8h ban for leaving. GG Blizzard.

1 Like

Same issue last night. I was able to post a trouble ticket to support and got a prompt response (below). I had something similar happen a couple of months ago, and I got a hit with a severe penalty that cost be 3 notches in rank. This time, I happened to win my 7th game and was kept flat, though I went 7/10 and was hoping for an upgrade. I still got the game leaver X notification, so I assume I was penalized for the disconnect. What really stinks is that I was able to get back into the game, and we won, but I still got the penalty and 15 minute suspension. This definitely seems like a bug that needs to be addressed by the development team. Really disheartening to have this happen to you or someone on your team.

Greetings!

My name is Game Master Tarethla! I got your issue here about your Overwatcj account. First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait youā€™ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Iā€™ve taken a look over this for you to see what I could find here, and it looks like when your game had kicked you, the system had treated it as a disconnect and added a leaver penalty to your account, which is why it was saying it was supsended but you were still able to chat.

In regards to the rank up screen, while that will show up after every matches, a rank up isnā€™t a guarantee, depending on both your wins and losses as well as your overall performance in them, however, ranking isnā€™t something that weā€™re able to see or otherwise adjust.

So I do encourage you, if you feel that something isnā€™t working correctly with it, to post a bug report about this, which can be done on our forums at Bug Report - Overwatch Forums as our developers read them to look for reports of things that may not be working correctly with the game.

2 Likes

Same here. Just a moment ago. DCed while in a middle of the fight. Cannot reconnect to server. Plus even after try to quick quit and restart the game, the Battle.net app is so slow that the Play button was disabled for like 1-2 mins.

2 Likes