Overwatch 2 disconnection followed by suspension

I was playing a competitive match with my team winning and me doing my part, until I was discounted from the match, there was no high latency or anything, but as you know the servers are not working properly, now I wonder is it fair for me to get suspended because of Blizzard’s mistake? Count as a game defeat that by your mistake I was disconnected, the least they could put in this game is a system to reconnect to the game, I have the clip of the moment I was disconnected as proof that it does not leave the game, but the servers fault unstable, what position will Blizzard take? Because I believe that I will be harmed by the failure of unstable servers, even though I have no part of the blame

137 Likes

Same thing happened to me I was playing sigma we were halfway through the game and then all of a sudden it froze and then kicked me from the game no one came back I was suspended from playing ranked

19 Likes

Almost the same thing happened to me. though i didnt even get into the game, I picked my hero and then i was disconected and couldnt connect for a few minitutes. Then when the game reloads back to the normal menu after reconnecting to the game servers comp play is disabled with a 15min timeout around it.
my internet was fine the whole time as i watch and listen to youtube in the background while i play.

16 Likes

Same thing just happened to me. 10 seconds left in the ranked match. I even reconnected but the match had JUST ended so I don’t think it counted as like a true reconnect. Suspended.

12 Likes

Dude… are you kidding me…

Exact same thing happened to me. I was playing Sigma too, doing the best in the server, we were at 99% capture for win and the game glitched out and kicked me from the game, disconnected from overwatch servers and when it reconnected i was banned from ranked for 15 min. What im most pissed about is all the commendations ive received for being a good team mate so far got stripped from me and deranked my commend from 4 to 2… which is reallly dumb.

Anyway… this is definitely a bug and my ranked status has been negatively impacted from it just like everyone else here. Plz promote this bug.

10 Likes

I can’t post the clip for some reason but…
I was about to make a post and then found this. I have had a friend that is on his 4th ban I believe and the next one will be a season ban from comp. No issues with internet but he gets disconnected, logged back in and then sees the suspended screen before the game is over. If you back out of this screen the ‘Rejoin Match’ button is still there but upon clicking, it proceeds to disappear. I watched a streamer have the issue happen as he wasn’t recording and thought I’d use that as a clip.

8 Likes

I was playing ranked then suddenly I get kicked out the game, I try to rejoin and it doesn’t let me then it says I was disconnected from game server leading to my ban from comp for 20 hours. How is that my fault?

5 Likes

Please unban me blizzard I wanna play comp and I didn’t do anything wrong

8 Likes

Same except I’ve been banned till the end of the season!! The game servers have kicked me many times right when we are about to win and it’s counted toward my penalty’s, I was on one away from a day ban due to these issues this morning, I’ve then come back from school and been shown a message saying im banned from comp till the end of season one!!

8 Likes

How many of you guys are PlayStation? I keep hearing folk on Xbox aren’t having problems, I’m wondering if it’s a PlayStation thing?

4 Likes

Same thing just happened to me. About to start a game. Picked Moira. Kicked me out. No problems with internet or anything. Playing Xbox. Suspended for 15 min. It was my first game of the day after a long day at work. I’m switching games.

3 Likes

me,2 tired with ovw for sure

3 Likes

Hello, this happened to me 3 times today, and I also got banned. Why tho. Where is my mistake? Game kicks me off and I can’t rejoin…

4 Likes

Ik but bro, blizzard does not care, happened to me 3 times already and they just don’t care. It needs to happened to at LEAST 10k people so that maybe they realise that maybe there’s sum wrong… they just care ab the money at this point

7 Likes

PlayStation 5 Guy here, it happened 3 times already.

8 Likes

Yeah, was thinking about that too, but this is known bag, like they could just unban… I was banned for 7 hours and it’s like my favorite game… still

2 Likes

Ik, same here but at this point they just don’t care… kinda sad I have to drop the game for the whole day bc of this yk

2 Likes

Guys I changed my WiFi channel and so far it’s stable, let’s see if it lasts. Update: it didn’t, this is definitely on Blizzards end.

6 Likes

I am also having this same issue and I am now banned from competitive from the servers disconnecting me so many times. Thanks Blizzard I can’t even enjoy Season 1.

4 Likes

I am also having the same issue, getting disconnected from the server multiple times and just being suspended for it, with no option to re-join the match. This seems to be affecting a lot of people and has been going on for a while… kinda sad since an easy temporary fix is just to take away the suspensions and bans for this whilst the disconnects are still happening

3 Likes