(Official) Overwatch 2 Balance Patch notes - 12/15/2022

Heroes

Tank

Doomfist

Rocket Punch

• Cooldown increased from 3 to 4 seconds

Power Block

• Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch increased from 80 to 100 damage

‘The Best Defense…’ passive

• Temporary health gained per target hit with abilities decreased from 40 to 35 health

Orisa

Terra Surge

• Now pierces through barriers upon impact

Augmented Fusion Drive

• Damage falloff range increased from 15 to 25 meters

Ramattra

Nemesis Form

• Movement speed increased by 20%
  • Armor bonus increased from 150 to 225

Void Barrier

• Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds

Damage

Sojourn

Railgun

• Primary fire spread increased by 28%

Disruptor Shot

• No longer slows enemy movement

Power Slide

• Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds

Tracer

Pulse Pistol

• Damage reduced from 6 to 5.5

Support

Ana

Biotic Rifle

• Damage and Healing increased from 70 to 75

Biotic Grenade

• Effect duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds

Kiriko

Protection Suzu

• Invulnerability duration reduced from 1 to 0.85 seconds

Also quick note about Hog and JunkerQueen

No dev comments, I was hoping to read them

Thoughts?

4 Likes

“official”

im glad they got on their alt account to post this instead of an official blizzard account

4 Likes

Sojourns gonna be using the old soldier strat of burst firing for longer ranges. I just tested the spread and it’s really big.

Very good patch, Hog notable by its absense, everything else I like, although slighty worried about Orisa’s fall off.

Yeah I was about to comment on that, but then again these changes are obvious to the point the dev comment should read “yeah sorry for not doing this before”.

I put that because I get the patch notes from an official source, like a dev post in Announcements or the patch notes website

i remember when they would do that themselves on this forum… because its not that hard to press CTRL + C then CTRL + V

3 Likes

Well they do technically put it in #announcements, but not that many people know that I think

They buff Ana but not Mercy? Of FFS…

4 Likes

So it is going to be hoggin’ time until they decide to rework him? I guess the new meta is now established: Hog with Kiriko and Ana :melting_face:

Blizzard not even bothered to post patch notes themselves. Players have to scrape them from streams.

Actually useless.

EDIT: can see they posted them now.

actually I got it from #announcements

1 Like

My memory is hazy….tracer 5.5 dmg….have they ever done decimals for damage before (Any hero)?? How does it show up in game

Not that I don’t mind grinding Blizzard into the ground with their shortcomings, but this is in the Announcements section. Announcements - Overwatch Forums

1 Like

I think I’m okay with the Sojourn changes except odd to remove the speed reduction on disruptor all at once instead of a gradual reduction. I would have thought it going down from 25% to 15% or something like that (similar to a Symmetra’s turret). I guess they’re starting to do away with speed reductions, I’m not sure.

they did for reaper’s shotguns i think

Removing hog 1 shot will have the same effect as removing widow’s headshot 1 shot. He will be made into a throw pick for a while till they find some other way to make hm useful.
He entirely relies on the hook combo to do anything

It doesn’t how up as decimals at all, is what I can say. But when it does render down into decimal values, it is tough to say what happens server-side, like with falloff. But what I can guess is that it is rounded up or down for what we see on client side.

Wait, they took away the slow on Sojourn’s Disrupter shot instead of nerfing the damage? That’s… strange. The slow actually synergizes with her kit, so now it’s just a random disconnected source of zoning damage?

See now I’m wondering if it’s even possible to do 5.5 dmg… I’m suspecting that because she has two guns she always hits with at least two and it’s always around number

I’ll test when I get home I guess

edit - well she definitely fires 2 at same time…and the first shot at least only ever makes one bullet hole…but she has spread and such so not sure about shot 3, 4, 5…but always even numbers hitting is a possibility so it wouldnt matter

Plot twist: it rounds it up