[Oceanic] AUS/NZ connecting to PSE1/LAX1 instead of SYD

Nice idea. Will give it a go.

I have played 50+ games since blocking them and haven’t had a server other than SYD. I did get my first LAX server yesterday but i blocked that IP as well and haven’t had one since.

I have been full degen, playing all day and haven’t seen any PSE or LAX.

1 Like

Sounds great.
I haven’t blocked anything and have only had games on SYD2 for the last few hours. Wonder if it’s been fixed for now?

Does anyone have any idea of a fix for console? This only started happening with the update. I cannot imagine how long this has been happening for PC, but this game is just so unplayable with constant 350 ping.

You will probably have to wait for a update from support, console can’t really do much other then wait or have the ISP block the routes.

Part of this is to be expected as the Matchmaker lives in NA. However you’d expect to see at least one ping test to SYD2, right? For it to “check connectivity”.

Blizzard will never go into how this works in depth, though.

Hey all,

We did some tweaks last night to see if we could help. Sounds like you’re still having trouble. At this time, please keep the winMTRs coming just in case we need more.

In the mean time, has anyone noticed any improvement at all? Less games on the wrong server, for instance? We currently agree with you all that it is not a routing issue. Routing wise your connection looks fine, so we’re unravelling what we might be able to do to help with the priority.

Here’s what we need for further reports. As long as you’re still having this problem, feel free to keep these coming. We’ll use them to keep the server/network folks updated.

We appreciate all the patience and help throughout this process. Work for issues like this can sometimes take a while, but the info you all are providing helps us rule things out more quickly.

2 Likes

As of last game, the latency issue started on console when the new update came out. I yet to still test it out since you have replied.

1 Like

The issue doesn’t happen at all during the day. It’s currently 10am so we can’t really give you feedback until tonight (About 10ish hours from now).

Okay y’all, more requests for info for tonight once the issues normally happen. There was some unrelated server weirdness last night during/following the patch, so the data we collected last night isn’t super helpful. Basically when we swap patches, we deploy the patches server-by-server so there’s as little interruption as possible, which means that sometimes folks will end up in the wrong server irrespective of what the ‘best match’ is.

In addition, there was an issue for PS4 Players causing some of you to have issues connecting to the correct server. That should be fixed, but I made a thread for it anyway just in case!

With all that in mind, we need to check again tonight, and I’m going to shuffle us into multiple threads so we can track the scope of impact of each theory we have separately and see what we’re actually looking at. Keep in mind that just because we lock a thread doesn’t mean we “forget” all the other posts - this is just to make sure we’re collecting information as efficiently as possible with as little “noise” as possible from unrelated issues. I’m going to be locking this thread and moving us into different threads which I have just created. To figure out which situation is right for you, you will need to use the Network Graph while in a game with weird network errors.

• PS4 Players Could Not Connect to SYD2. This was a bug but should be fixed now. Please post in the linked thread if you’re still having this problem.
  • Extremely frequently connecting to PSE/LAX instead of SYD2. This is not a bug unless it happens near-constantly during peak gameplay hours in your region (when everybody would be off of work/school and settling down for the night.) Check the post for more info.
  • Occasionally connecting to PSE/LAX servers. This is not a bug - that’s just the matchmaker finding the best game for everybody involved. A more in depth description of why that happens is provided at the thread directly above this.
  • Australia/New Zealand players with high latency or packet loss to the SYD2 servers - your issue is not related to any tracked problem. (There were a few of you) Please start your own thread so we can help you find the problem with your specific connection.
2 Likes