NOTICE: This year's BlizzCon skins appear to be EXCLUSIVE to BlizzCon

Hello everyone, while other topics have revealed this year’s BlizzCon skins for Overwatch, Tyrande Symmetra and Illidan Genji. I wanted to start a new topic to remind everyone that it appears this year will be exclusive to the BlizzCon virtual ticket. You will need to purchase a BlizzCon virtual ticket from the Blizzard Battle.net store. If you are on a console platform (including Nintendo Switch) you will need to link your console account to your Blizzard account to claim these skins as well.

News about Demon Hunter Sombra [UPDATED]

As expected, this year’s Virtual Ticket is not a second chance to get the 2018 skin, Demon Hunter Sombra. As mentioned in a blog post from the 2018 BlizzCon site, the collectible items for Overwatch, StarCraft, and StarCraft II will be made available “sometime later in 2019”.

Demon Hunter Sombra will have a small window of opportunity to acquire for all players during the 2019 Halloween Terror Seasonal Event. Participate in the third weekly challenge (win nine games during the final week of the Halloween Terror seasonal event) to get the Demon Hunter Sombra skin. This will be very likely the last opportunity to get this skin!

52 Likes

I never even knew these skins existed

3 Likes

They existed starting today

36 Likes

As cool as Illidan Genji is they aren’t worth $50 :confused:

55 Likes

If I own Overwatch on multiple platforms, does it unlock on all of them?

Yes. Just link your BattleNet account to all platforms to claim them all.

3 Likes

I wish you could buy these separately =( I’d happily drop $10 or $15 on those, but not $50. None of the other stuff is enticing.

42 Likes

I don’t believe we’ve ever gotten a direct statement from Blizz about the fate of Demon Hunter Sombra. We’re quickly running out of 2019…

23 Likes

$50 (or $64.99 in my case, stupid exchange rate) is worth it to have access to sll the Blizzcon panels and content. The skins are just a bonus.

11 Likes

I’m glad you feel that way! It’s not for me though, watching videos of most of it after the fact is more than enough for me.

I’m not saying the $50 is a ripoff, just that Blizzard could have gotten $20 out of me for the skins if I could buy them alone, but instead in my case they will get $0.

52 Likes

Those skins are ugly imo

18 Likes

I personally find The BlizzCon virtual ticket to be an exceptional value. Though I do own all of Blizzard’s core games.

4 Likes

Exactly, if you’re not interested in any other Blizz game, there is no logical reason to get the ticket, so it’s a loss from them not to sell them separetly as well.

19 Likes

I hope blizzard FINALLY announces what they’re gong to do about demon hunter Sombra. If it isn’t mentioned by the end of blizzcon there’s a problem.

(I personally don’t see them adding it to the Halloween event or base loot pool)

12 Likes

I’m fairly certain the Sombra skin will be made available on Halloween.

7 Likes

So you have to buy the Blizzcon Virtual ticket in order to get Tyrande Symmetra and Illidari Genji? :frowning:
So you’re not able to buy just 1 skin, as in only one of the skin?

I would buy the new sym skin no matter what but I dunno if it’s all worth it :confused:

7 Likes

You can save a few bucks by buying it from the EU shop.

I have said it before but I actually have personally speculated that Demon Hunter Sombra will be part of a cross game promotion involving a future Diablo product. Maybe Diablo immortals.

This, however, is my personal speculation.

7 Likes

Both skins are meh.
Both should be in a basic lootbox update along with more new skins.

18 Likes

The genji one looks like it’ll overlap his hitboxes. Very cool looking though, lol at giving symm a skin.