Not liking the sound of these Sigma changes

This removes the skill aspect from Accretion and makes it a discount McCree flashbang. Accretion was one of the few stuns in the game that required skill to use. You should be rewarded for hitting it at long distances. Currently the minimum stun duration is .75 seconds according to the overwatch wiki. So your saying that adding .05s to the minimum stun and shaving .1s off the cast time is better than rewarding players for landing this ability at range?

Sigma’s been hit with enough nerfs, hasn’t he?

24 Likes

It removes the benefit of Halt+Rock.

Which probably means they are looking into Sigma+Orisa balance.

9 Likes

Yes I 100% agree, the fact that some characters like junk and sombra were absent from these nerfs is cause they were already in not such a great spot and nerfing their CC won’t help that but the fact that they included sigma and brig in these nerfs is just ridiculous, I’m all for mei and rein being nerfed but putting in F tier heroes in there like sigma is just baffling

1 Like

There’s no more balance to either of them, they’ve both been overnerfed so there’s no reason for them to balance the pair anymore, which is why orisa isn’t on here

3 Likes

They aren’t the best right now, but they could be a lot better.

✅ Tank balance is easy to fix
✅ Kierkegaard, had a good Tank idea - #52 by HanaSong-11958

1 Like

For orisa all they have to do is put fortify back on an eight second cooldown and she’ll be good, but oh god sigma he needs multiple reverts and buffs to make him even viable

1 Like

It would probably have been a better idea to reduce the scaling and subsequently the max stun instead of doing away with it entirely.

This game needs more anchor tanks than just Rein.

That means either:

• Orisa becomes a main tank, and Sigma is limited to offtank.
  • Sigma becomes a main tank, and Orisa is limited to offtank.
  • Sigma and Orisa become main tanks.
1 Like

I mean they’re main tanks but the only reason sigma can’t tank effectively is due to the 1 second cooldown making him feel so clunky and orisa have little survivability with the two fortify nerfs along with the reduced health of her shield

1 Like

Agreed, and Orisa should be the maintank. Her shield design is waaaaayyy better for it. Sig needs his old damage numbers back, his shield health reduced to 600 (Orisa’s should be buffed to 800 at least), a little love for his ult and he’d be fine

2 Likes

They aren’t anywhere near in the same level of Reinhardt for a solo-barriertank.

1 Like

Totally agree, which is why they both need buffs and not more of these illogical nerfs blizzard keeps implementing

They need buffs, but they also need their synergy kinda broken between these two potential main tanks
Since making the game all about shooting blue rectangles isn’t ideal either.

1 Like

Accretion needed something like this. For as long as the cast time is it’s horrible from close ranges and that’s where he needs it the most. He needed a way to get people off him and current accretion doesn’t help at all

2 Likes

True but I think they can make them effective at tanking without enabling double shield, I definitely think orisa’s shield health shouldn’t be touched but since fortify is such an eh ability now she can’t just go in the line of fire and take damage like a character like dva can with dm or even hog with take a breather but sigma’s shield does need a little love, even if they just remove the cooldown I think he’ll be able to tank more effectively

Sigma needs these changes. Accretion is most needed to repel the likes of Rein or Mei at point blank. Meanwhile hitting someone across the map isn’t gonna get followed up on anyway.

3 Likes

I mean, how often does the long range stun duration even matter? If you catch them beyond the 22 meter mark then Sigma can’t even take advantage of it

I like the change because it makes the ability more effective for reacting to things. I think that delay buff is going to be real nice for rewarding good aim with the ability.

My, yet another tank nerf?

I know this is a CC wide change, but still, on Sigma?

TBF, I don’t even mind the change to Earthshatter, since Rein gets a ton of play lately (like it or not, it makes sense), but Sigma? What he do to deserve this?

So punishing teamwork? Seems like a bad change to me.

That was my point exactly, why remove the thing that takes skill in Sigma’s set? like do they hate him or something like they hate Symmetra?