✅ Tank balance is easy to fix

Summary

• Stronger Barriers on Orisa and Sigma
  • Weaker Fortify and KineticGrasp
  • A lot less CC on Halt and Accretion
  • Discord goes through Barriers

Devs could easily make it so that Sigma and Orisa both feel like MainTanks again.

While still providing a counterable weakness at close range.

Main idea is to scale up the barrier HP, but weaken the CC, and SelfPeel these two Tanks have.
Which makes them a lot more vulnerable to Dive comps and speedboosted Rein comps.

Also by removing the stun on Accretion, it strips out a lot of power from the Halt-to-Accretion combo.

(And if these Tanks need more Peel, maybe it’s time to get an OffTank).

And lastly there’s a change to Discord, to make focusing down key targets easier, even when there is a lot of barriers.

Orisa

Protective Barrier

• Increased to 900HP, up from 600HP
  • Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10 seconds.

Fortify

• Damage reduction lowered to 10%, down from 40%.
  • Immune to critical headshot multipliers.
  • Does not give ultimate charge to enemy players.

Halt!

• No longer applies a Slow effect to enemies.

Fusion Driver

• Damage increased to 13, up from 11.

Sigma

Experimental Barrier

• Increased to 1300HP, up from 900HP.
  • Regeneration rate to something reasonable.

Kinetic Grasp

• Duration reduced to 1 second.

Accretion

• Does not stun enemies just does a knockback.
  • Immune to self-damage from this ability.

HyperSpheres

• Direct Hit damage increased to 65, up from 55.
  • Immune to self-damage from this ability.

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord

• Can target enemy players behind enemy barriers.

Orb of Harmony

• Can target teammate players behind enemy barriers.
7 Likes

Not sure I agree with the detail, but the principal, absolutely. By focusing on their ‘main tank’ credentials, it would create ‘diminishing returns’ on using them together. This is the same principal that ensured Rein-Orisa compositions were something of a rarity for years.

4 Likes

Well, one key part is stripping out the value of Halt+Accretion.

Since that was part of what made the combo so good.

No. I don’t want double shield back and I think I can speak for EVERYONE when I say, no one wants it back.

14 Likes

Though I do agree nerfing there synergy is key, I really don’t agree with bring Barrierwatch back.

2 Likes

The whole point is that it doesn’t matter how strong the barriers are, if to counter you just need to Dive/Speedboost past them.

3 Likes

We had Rein and Orisa in the game together for years before double barrier became a viable thing at any sensible level of play.

It wasn’t because their barriers were strong.

8 Likes

I agree sort of. Imo The issue isnt necessarily double barriers. Its everything they can do whilst having barriers active which reduces need for off tanks and reduces counterplay

no, but rein could not do other things whilst also using his barrier.

1 Like

Well there’s a reason people didn’t do it even when double shield was a thing… They can move their shields really easily. Orisa is on a cooldown and sig could change his shield position whenever. If doing that against double shield was sooo easy. It never would have been meta.

But now they dialled back Orisa’s barrier, and put her strength elsewhere - they are being used together more.

They needed to go the other way, cut down on what she, and Sigma can do while shielding, while keeping them good at shielding.

The reason they didn’t do that was because Orisa slowed the entire team, Sigma stunned the entire enemy team, and they were both mostly unkillable for about 4sec when getting Dived on.

Combined 4 other heroes that were basically immune to Dive. Lucio, Moira, Mei, Reaper.

No it’s not when double shield is a thing, NOBODY WANTS TO SHOOT SHIELDS

Not quite sure what you mean by putting her strength elsewhere???

But, personally I’m a fan of allowing them to do lots of things, though possibly nerfed, with shields that remain weak as a compensation. I think we’ll just have to agree to disagree and put it down to preference :slight_smile:

Shields aren’t what make them good together.

it’s a big factor, it shutsdowns all hitscan

1 Like

Shields need more nerfs.

2 Likes

When, before Sigma was released, did you ever see Rein and Orisa played together? Bronze league Pirate ships on Junkertown?

Now they nerfed the shields, and just gave them better synergy. I know it’s counterintuitive, but having two strong shields has a massive amount of wasted power and diminishing returns.

wasn’t that when everybody was playing GOATS? rein orisa is a broken combo look at OWL for example watch an Atlanta reign match

Exactly my point. You buff their shields but nerf other abilities. Okay? They push in. and congrats you’ve ran into mei reaper since double shield got buffed again. And you’re going to get melted if you try to push in.