✅ Kierkegaard, had a good Tank idea

He defines double shield meta.

I’m still on the Sigma Hog combo idea, plus Hog combos with Rein as well. Zarya is the character that lacks synergies. She can go with Winston or Sigma, but all those strategies with Zarya kinda play out the same and Rein supports her objectively best. Running a non-Rein Zarya combo into a Rein Zarya just doesn’t work that well.

Sigma doesn’t need to define a meta, he’s a hybrid character intended for being used in a variety of situations, like Reinhardt. The problem is that Sigma is weak in melee range, so the general use character is weak to the other general use character. That’s not a problem on it’s own, unless Rein is the dominant tank. And he is.

As someone who plays a lot of Zen, please no. Zen is finely balanced and I don’t want him dragged through another terrible balancing effort or a pawn in someone’s aim to redistribute the power of tanks.

Even I think that discording through barriers is oppressive as heck.

Disagree. People don’t want to play them, and people don’t want to play against them. Surely the better direction is to let the game move toward needing them less?

I just don’t see the point in trying to force tanking role into being a 50/50 of playing a hero you’d rather not.

Right now, the MT role is the role everyone else wants someone to fill for them. It pretty much always has been. I don’t think that’s healthy at all for it to be so mandatory.

You’d only really accomplish that if you got rid of ranged oneshots.

You’d also need to completely rework the Ult charge system as well. To not factor in damage dealt.

And I don’t see either of those happening.

Yeah but that’s just another form of Bunker.

Much in the same way that a Hammond/D.va dive, is still Dive.

When Sigma’s barrier was more reactive, it was more fun, it would be cool to have it back (with the delay back, without the cooldown), although with 600 Hp it would have more downtime.

To balance out Orisa’s 900 HP barrier they could raise the cooldown again if necessary, it lasts for 20 secs anyways.

I’d prefer weakening her selfpeel.

Which is pretty easy to do, since 40% damage reduction for 4sec could become

• 40% damage reduction for 2sec
  • 20% damage reduction for 4sec
  • 10% damage reduction for 4sec but:
    • Immune to headshots
    • No Ult charge feeding
    • Can bodyblock EarthShatter and D.vaBomb

Seems a fair trade-off.

Yup I like it. I know when I played Orisa I was like “I wish I could bodyblock that EarthShatter with Fortify”.

Yet both of those would be incredibly healthy for the game. Plus the lesser emphasis on shielding and the burden it brings, would be healthier for the tank role. I think that technically makes it three good ideas.

So of course it’ll never happen.

these things were all in the game before and there were still not tank players.

Well ideally they could throw in some extra damage on barrier tanks.

Since it’s kinda weird that DPS,Healers,OffTanks get to shoot stuff.
But people are scandalized about the idea of a barrier tank having decent firepower.

I actually really like this idea. It makes Orisa a real main tank again and pushes Sigma into a true off tank role. It opens up the possibility of Sigma DPS buffs a bit.

Could probably make his Ult a bit less suicidal.

1 Like

is this… is this a good greyfalcon idea that doesn’t involve random exceptions?
I think this is a good change to me, it would actually reinstate their proper role. But to do that they’d probably need to nerf something for orisa and buff back sigma’s damage, otherswise for sigma it’d be a borderline straight nerf and for orisa a massive buff that would make hr op again

Not with removing the shield CD, it wouldn’t.

i still think he needs some of his damage back.
70-80 damage on his rock would make his combo threatening again to scare off flankers

It’s plenty threatening already. Just hit them with primary before you use accretion.

Yes! Because doesn’t bust a character that is fine by his design.

That is just too much for ANY character. That’s roadhog’s weakness is ult charge because of his insane hook and flanking. Your just taking the only thing away from him .

Technically it’s not really my idea.

1 Like