NEWS! Upcoming Reddit AMA June 22 at 1:00 p.m. PDT! (ENDED)

Click here for the full discussion of the Reddit AMA:

Click here for original starting topic

Hey everyone! I’ve got some great news in regards to Overwatch 2 that I’m allowed to share with you guys. Blizzard Entertainment is having a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” event on the r/Games subreddit, 2022-06-22T20:00:00Z.

It should be a good chance to ask a lot of questions you’ve been having about Overwatch 2 and it’s upcoming launch on October 4th. Please note, not every question maybe available to be answered at this time, but I hope you all have the time to check it out! Cheers! (^^)v

23 Likes

Oml I’m calling it right now the comments are all gonna be about Diablo Immortal

15 Likes

PSA: the easier it is to answer your question without any fallout, breached NDAs, SEC scrutiny, or other negative consequences, the more likely you’ll get a response

Like this should be obvious, but I’ve learned to never underestimate the forums being the forums.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

Also, it’s interesting how the date in the post adjusted to my timezone, but the title didnt.
That’d be a nice upgrade.

1 Like

That’s a heavily underutilized feature of the forum platform.

17 Likes

Also note this is reddit not the forums. The general whiney comments that get so many “likes” here are down voted and ignored on reddit.

3 Likes

i am not on reddit but its great they are doing something like this, cant wait to hear a bunch of new information

1 Like

i wouldn’t say that at all. you can search for “overwatch” in r/games and see many of the concerns people here share getting upvotes lol

6 Likes

While true. Kind of stupid they call it “ask me anything” doncha think?

…dodge a lot of honest questions and timefill with nonspeak explaining nothing.

And it’s gonna be a trainwreck.

10 Likes

Nah, you can ask them whatever you want, and they can read their list of approved topics and respond if your question it on it.

1 Like

Oh. It’s on reddit. The dumpster fire of the human mind. I’ll pass. Y’all enjoy.

1 Like

Someone go ask about lootboxes and credit transfers.

8 Likes

Ok yea, but still the title of it makes one think they will answer any question. But they won’t. So it’s dumb.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I agree it shouldn’t be called “ask me anything”, but really, if anyone actually expects them to answer whatever spiky question people want to throw at them, they’re dreaming.

1 Like

Will you be posting a summary of the OW-related questions & answers on the forums like you did last year? :pray:

Trying to follow any conversation on Reddit is a bit much for my old grandma brain. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I’ll get a summary up. It may not follow it immediately live but I will get a summary up shortly after it completes

11 Likes

Their AMAs have actually been one of the better sources of information for the community.

I feel like for communication from Blizzard, things go better when they’re not scripted ahead of time.

Thank youuuuu. :heart:

4 Likes

I’ve never seen this lil guy before but I’m definitely stealing him for future use

1 Like