New Symmetera is a Massive Nerf

So for those who are not aware of the current “plans”

Primary gun changes

1. Her Primary no longer locks on, it acts like Zaraya’s LMB
  2. It takes 2 seconds to level up each individual tier. ( so it would take 4s to reach T3 )
  3. Damage is now 65 / 135 / 195

Secondary Changes

1. Orb no longer pierces
  2. Orb causes an AoE explosion
  3. Current damage 130 on a direct hit
  4. Now moves at 30m/s ( 10m/s faster than Moria’s orb )

Turret Changes

1. Only 3
  2. Can shoot them as a projectile to be placed on walls
  3. Each Turret is effectively the same power as 2 turrets

E Ability now Teleporter

1. She can now place a teleporter 25m away
  2. The "Start location of teleporter is her current location.
  3. End location of teleporter is anywhere within 25m
  4. You can teleport objects through teleporter such as torbs turret and D.va bombs. ( No idea how one "teleports a torb turret but sure )
  5. If either enterance or exit dies, both are destroyed
  6. Teleporter only has 400 hp

Ultimate change

1. Now “Infinite Sized Barrier” has 5000 hp
  2. I do not know what “Infinite sized barrier means”

All information can be found through Dev Tracker.

But this is pretty much a massive massive nerf.
The problem with Symmetera is her lack of mobility and defensive ability. The Teleporter makes her more useful to the team but lack of barrier to protect her means she is now EXTREMELY vulnerable to range now.

She had a sliver of hope against Pharah by putting a shield.
Now she is pretty much dead meat.

Also with a damage of literally only 130 in 2 seconds at short range. She has officially become the lowest DPS in the game.

Winston may only do 60, but he can do 60 to multiple targets.

Moria has a nice safe 20m to engage at 50 damage per second, as well as bump her damage to 100 / s with orb.

Symmetera can potentially do 195 / s
But that also means she would have to survive 4s.
With 0 mobility, 0 defensive ability, while only being able to attack slightly more than 9m range.

Chance of Symmetera dying nonstop is now pretty much guaranteed.

Symmetera was F tier - they might as well make a Z tier now.

67 Likes

Huh.

A beam that requires 4 seconds of perfect aim to reach decent DPS levels.

Gee I wonder how that is supposed to be good.

42 Likes

You forgot a few details

• 4s of perfect aim without dying,
  • With 200 hp.
  • No Mobilty, No defensive ability
  • In a game where the average TTK is 2s.
33 Likes

It has a big hitbox and has increased range.

Not confirmed…

He has a dps of 60, not 120.

38 Likes

I don’t even understand how you think this is a nerf. I simply cannot grasp it.

160 Likes

I was thinking something else at the time, corrected.

Its part of Dev Tracker, that is their current stance because they want it to have an AoE explosion on impact.

Zaraya is a good measure of how long that beam is going to be.
I doubt it will be 20m like Moria considering the damage.

So at best it will be somewhere between 9 - 15

I mean, yea.

My original post was sufficient to state that it is utter garbage.

4 seconds is literally the time it takes for Mercy to deal 400 damage. The other points are just icing on the cake as to how bad it is.

6 Likes

…Perfect aim? The hitbox is supposedly quite large.

24 Likes

If they are comparing it to a Zarya beam, then it isnt exactly easy to have PERFECT aim. I.e. 100% accurate. Otherwise we would see Zaryas melting Genjis all day.

Even with a Moira beam maintaining a 100% lock isnt the easiest thing in the world.

14 Likes

I don’t think they would make it any bigger than Zaraya’s beam to be honest. Probably between current size of Mercy’s projectile and Zaraya’s beam.

Mercy’s gun projectile is massive. I was surprised when I found out.

3 Likes

Sorry but she sounds so much more versatile I love it

29 Likes

Not even a video of the new sym, just some comments and people are already experts on the new changes

71 Likes

You have nothing to compare it to since it’s not live, therefore your ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS ONLY SPECULATION AND PROBABLY WRONG.

46 Likes

Oh c’mon, give it time, we haven’t even seen it yet😂

33 Likes

Geoff didn’t compare it to Zarya beam, OP did.

9 Likes

I still think Symmetra needs a fornite builder ability. Since, according to her lore, she builds structures. That would be a perfect defense for her.

2 Likes
  • Brigitte does the lowest DPS in the game. Brigitte without abilities does practically zero damage.

• Symmetra’s beam being made like Zarya’s is a pretty significant buff, because Zarya can melt enemies at full charge. Sym literally only has to keep her crosshair on someone for a few seconds to get there, instead of managing two alternating CDs to keep charge up.

• You neglected to mention Geoff also said that shooting barriers not only charges Sym’s new beam, but it also refunds the ammo cost so you can keep shooting it. :skull_and_crossbones: Rein, Orisa, and Winston…

18 Likes

No offense, but I don’t see how Symmetra can possibly get worse considering how lackluster and artificially inflated her stats are.

The only possible way she could get worse is if they took away all of her abilities and just left her with her Shield Generator.

Honestly, we just have to wait until we actually see this new Symmetra in action.

6 Likes

Even if it is Moira beam sized… that is still pretty meh.

You wont be able to maintain a perfect lock, which will slow down the building of the charge level. Not to mention she will literally have the slowest time to kill on squishies in the entire game.

And that includes Ana and Mercy. And since it is no longer a lock on, that level of poor DPS is going to be terrible when facing a mobile enemy like Tracer since you have to keep it on Tracer for >3 seconds (thanks recall)

It doesn’t sound like shields are included, but that’s just my opinion.

It will still be an overall buff to her. Geoff also said the changes are still subject to change.

4 Likes