New sym today? next week?

either today or next week? I hope its soon i really wanna play her

1 Like

You can, on the PTR. She isn’t going to be put on live for a long time.

3 Likes

Hell yea

20 charrrrs

If certainly hope not. As the fix for the exploit has broke her (in she’s worse then she was before)

6 Likes

They fixed the primary fire exploit.

2 Likes

I said that they did. But the increased but lowered tick rate has killed it. Longer to gain charge, even more accuracy to gain charge, lose charge faster.

3 Likes

Is that a bug though? No. So she’s ready to go live.

2 Likes

There’s also the fact that her secondary is still not acting properly and the primary still caps at 120

Edit: more detail on secondary problems the damage radius does not match animation and the damage drops to 90 if you charge it to long (as in if you do not focus on your ammo count and fire the second it uses it all you lose damage )

1 Like

3 weeks seems to be the thing before PTR goes live. She’s been there for ~1 week. So about 2 weeks until she goes live.

Currently on the PTR Sym’s beam works exactly the same way as Zarya and Moira’s beam. If you try swiping or spam triggering, it does barely any dmg… I don’t see Zarya’s or Moira’s complaining about it.

3 Likes

Too many bugs on PTR right now, releasing the update today would be a mistake. Doomfist and Junkrat’s ultimates don’t even work sometimes, for example.

Both have longer range. Moira has self heal and fade and zarya has barriers and twice as much health

EDIT also zarya damage ramps down not resets

2 Likes

Well that is fine and dandy. I am merely stating that the beam is working correctly/comparably.

I would like Sym’s beam to be extended though to be 16m like Zarya.

Syms beam ramps down in power lvls too, just not a smooth linear ramp like Zarya.

1 Like

Regardless they need to fix the orbs. Since far as im.concerned that is her primary fire now

I agree. They should make sure she is completely fixed (known issues obviously) before releasing her to live. I assumed it wouldn’t be till next week at the earliest anyways.

Cheers!

Next week at the earliest.

More likely the week after. She has a lot of bugs.

I was really hoping that we at least got the new community features this week.

We’re still working out some issues from the PTR. We have bug fixes coming for LFG, Endorsements and Symmetra. So we’re not ready for that patch to go live yet. We appreciate the enthusiasm and we’re as excited as you all are for it to go live.

142 Likes

Have you considered changing the amount of turrets she has to 4 or is she still going through with three?

8 Likes

Yeah, like the devs said she has a lot of bugs and I’m not sure which ones they’ve fixed or haven’t fixed yet. For example, her turrets did the same damage as her old ones, when they’re suppose to do more. You do more damage to someone if you spam primary fire instead of holding it. Then there are a couple of other more minor things.

I’ve been watching some PTR footage, because I’m really looking forward to the new Sym.

3 Likes