New Roadhog Buff posted just now

This buff should be enough to cancel out the effects of the recent nerf. Thanks.

Falloff for the right click doesn’t happen until 24m away, which is 4m wider than the grass area on Illios Well. (Or 4m past his hook range).

Don’t know if it’s enough to make him not be the least picked tank in the game, but any meaningful buff is appreciated.

18 Likes

Lol

That 6 damage per pellet was too dangerous

52 Likes

This, combined with the shotgun crits patch, will make him more consistent at midranges.

So he will shoot, hook, shoot, melee better.
I cant wait to test him.

14 Likes

my boi hog pls make a comeback

5 Likes

WELCOME! TO THE APOCALYPSE!

6 Likes

*starts dance emote :pig:

8 Likes

He already feels more consistent than ever before. Him, Reaper, and Torb greatly to shotguns. They feel powerful.

1 Like

Props to them for actually listening to the feedback for this one.

15 Likes

Next step is reducing his (and Reaper’s) spread. You can have shotgun spread being the widest without it being nearly 5 times wider than anything else

4 Likes

I’m 95% certain this isn’t a buff. This is a correction to their patchnotes to be more transparent about the change. Nothing about this suggests they implemented a change not already in the game.

2 Likes

Maybe now its the time to buy my golden weapon. I was wanting for something like this.

1 Like

I mean, sure. But if anything they could have avoided a lot of grumbling and griping of they posted it in the first place.

Either way, good news :slight_smile:

Their patch notes had(have?) Brig’s head covering up portions of Ana’s changes. They can do a lot of things better.

1 Like

The reason it didnt have damage fall off is because its a projectile.

And this buff is completely meaningless due to the fact that his gun in both primary and secondary fire is in a shotgun format.

So this buff/change is completely unnecessary.

5 Likes

It’s certainly a buff from the version of Roadhog before the patch.

His hook is more consistent, his falloff on primary fire is better, and while his secondary fire is somewhat worse, it’s pretty negligible between the falloff improvement and his already wide spread.

1 Like

All around in testing. From the end of the draw bridge to the door in eichenwalde. Roadhog does 50 damage to shields at Max range. That’s still pretty good. In comparison, at Max range McCree does 35 damage to shields at Max range. He has less health and sustainability compared to roadhog so the only issue with roadhog isn’t his damage output, it’s his feeding issue

1 Like

That’s not the point. I’m saying that these changes were already part of the patch. They just didn’t mention the specific details and went back to update the patch notes. This isn’t “a buff to address the backlash.” It’s just proper change logs.

2 Likes

Aka roadhog isn’t allowed to be remotely helpful in one of the major reasons of his kit. To be a shield buster…

3 Likes

Literally how does this benefit him?

His gun is a shotgun. his pellets spread out after a certain point so that most of them wont land and thus they wont affect whoever you’re shooting at that much.

He DIDNT have fall off damage. NOW he does due to this NERF.
The only BUFF he received was to his primary fire which spreads like a lot at those 20 meters away and would do less than 50 damage at that range with his current damage nerf.

7 Likes

Maybe, but I am equally happy for knowing the changes.

This is like when you failed an exam and then your teacher says “sorry, there was a mistake, congratulations for passing”