New experimental patch (July 29, 2021)

7 Likes

Genji is the only good change.

All the other ones I hope never see the light of day.

5 Likes

Doom one doesn’t seem that bad

It just lets him land sooner for an offensive play but most good dooms just use it to disengage

14 Likes

The whole hog buff is needed though.

It’s one of the worst ults in the game and makes Hog a giant ult battery.

10 Likes

Can they just please for the love of god remove soldiers recoil!!! It’s soooooooooooooooooooooo annoying when playing him!

10 Likes

I think it applies to all of roadhog and not just his ult

4 Likes

Soldier buff is okay

7 Likes

It specifically highlights WH so I don’t think so.

1 Like

It does, but in the description it implied it was for his whole kit

2 Likes

4 whole extra HP for LS per second, Moira confirmed SUPER DUPER meta now

She’s already taken out your team as I typed this

26 Likes

Love the new Doom change.

Absolutely necessary

2 Likes

The change is specific to Whole Hog.

4 Likes

I love the soldier change.

5 Likes

it stacks and adds up so we don’t know how good it will be

Why nerf Soldier healing

6 Likes

Speeding up his cooldowns can make him land on supports or heroes with no mobility, and if you manage to get away you’re gonna die to him anyways after.

I imagine you just won’t be able to even have a chance of playing against him as Zen now unless you want to pop your ult to save yourself, and you genuinely have to save every cooldown you have for him as Ana.

Just kinda stinks. Doomfist should just be reworked at this point, not investing effort into making his horrible design work. Of course the Doom players are happy. Their enjoyment vs. everyone else’s is mutually exclusive. I’d like to move away from his current kit entirely so he can be fun, fluid, viable, and not horrific to play against.

13 Likes

Ah yes a single extra damage. Just one.

Meanwhile his healing pad gets nerfed.

3 Likes

I really wasn’t expecting to see a meteor strike buff, nor any buff to Doomfist.

If this change goes through, Doomfist will be catapulted to instant meta status….until people run his counters consistently enough to make him not a menace.

I think the meme of “Meteor strike is an evasive ability” is funny, but I equally think it’s scary for Doomfist to theoretically land into people with a full set of combos available and +75-150 HP on top of it.

If the meteor strike change goes through, I’ll probably quit for a couple of weeks until the dust settles. Doomfist was already on the cusp of overpowered and has extreme potential to be oppressive.

Meteor strike change may cause Doomfist to become legitimately oppressive (by default?), but it’ll be interesting to see what creative plays are made bc every meteor strike will result in landing with every ability available. Regardless, it’ll force players to start learning what Doomfist’s meteor strike landing I-frames look like so that they can attempt to fight back when he lands without wasting abilities.

I’ll edit this post as I read further.

This is exactly the idea and approach I want to see when making changes to Genji. I wish the devs would take this approach with all heroes when making changes!!!

This change means nano blade will no longer instantly delete 250 hp heroes, but they’ll still die with relative ease.

I’m not sure how it affects regular blade yet because I haven’t played yet. Lucio healing might be able to resist the blade two-swiping targets consistently, but inspire healing alone won’t make much of a difference from a numbers standpoint. Brigitte still dies from two slashes unless her inspire is active, in which case two slashes and a swift strike will still do the trick.

Ultimately, this looks like a numbers change for the sake of changing numbers to make the Genji mains shut up for a little while; however, this means that the fan-melee instakill combo has finally returned! Support players (and isolated Damage players) beware.

I’m not sure how I’m gonna feel about this one yet.

This is a good change which seems like an obvious decision when you look at how the secondary fire of Biotic Grasp has been nerfed. It’s not gonna make or break much, but it definitely rewards players who have acclimated to the reduced capability of Grasp.

This is a very interesting change which has been requested by the community for years.

At this point though, I’m fearful that Hog has too much going for him now.

I would like to see a revert to the arbitrary pellet buff or a revert to the GreyFalcon buff (hook places targets closer to hog so he could confirm kills with his previous, lower damage. It also results in being unable to escape a successful hook by using abilities such as Recall or Wraith form unless ping is on your side or an ally intervenes)

This change will definitely make soldier consistently more threatening and viable without making him meta, but some players will definitely cry about it. It’s funny how Soldier’s damage has been bouncing back and forth between 19 and 20 over the years, and how much that one number affects his perceived viability.

This is a completely arbitrary change. I dislike when changes are made for no obvious reason.

This change is awful, completely breaks the flow of the character, and means that hamster is no longer the fastest reinforcement in the game. It also dramatically reduces his ability to make a last-ditch effort to contest while defending, and reduces his ability to “come out swinging” at the start of the match or when swapped to during a match.

This change has far-reaching ramifications which are not immediately obvious. No other character begins with a cooldown. The only similar case is Mercy who respawns with whatever her Rez cooldown was after the respawn timer has been factored in.

Above all else, THIS REMOVES HAMSTER’S ABILITY TO ROLL OUT FROM SPAWN and shifts the grapple to some sort of lop-sided engagement tool for once you get to the fight and wait a second or two.

I hope this change doesn’t go through without serious compensation buffs and a revert to his knockback. Ideally, I don’t want this change to make it out of experimental. Imagine if Reinhardt couldn’t use any of his abilities until 10 seconds after the game started, and that is the sort of magnitude that this change is for hamster. If that doesn’t work for you, imagine Doomfist not being able to use any abilities when spawning until 5 seconds have passed. How would you roll out?

I’m concerned that whomever came up with this change either doesn’t play hamster at all, or that this change wasn’t play tested in the slightest…but I guess that’s what experimental is for: guinea pig stuff.

I wonder if this change strictly applies to respawns after first death, or if it actually applies to when hamster is selected and spawns for the first time. This cooldown will usually be finished by the time Setup phase ends, but still…no bueno.

Hamster seems to be getting the short end of the stick lately, and for no good reason. It’s sad.

This is a cute change! I definitely like the idea of longer duration of shields! As a result, this means that hamster will be able to use shields, retreat from the line of fire, and re-engage before shields are totally depleted. This gives the hamster a bit more time to operate, but ultimately shouldn’t change much for the average user. The cast time reduction is nice because I’ve died at least a few times by casting shield as I’m getting shot. I wonder what the priority is for casting this ability the instant you are hit with a killing blow in its new state? :thinking:

Ultimately, hamster is losing major movement and contesting capabilities without gaining much of anything in return. Improved Shields uptime is nice, but it’s hardly a critical concern.

This is an interesting change. It’s equal parts QoL and annoying. As someone who uses a lot of minefields, I will sometimes deliberately stick mines to walls or ceilings to make them more treacherous for Lucio or Pharah players.

I will say that those deliberate wall sticks aren’t as common as the amount of times players accidentally get half of their minefield stuck to the ceiling.

2 Likes

I guess to make him more bursty and less sustain? it seems okay

? it’s going to make no difference since her ultimate got heavily nerfed cause of -2 orb CD and heal bar regen on ult

Baptiste and Mercy getting their ults way faster than her now

Revert -2 orb CD
Revert regen on ultimate (it only benefits moiras who waste their heals anyway)

6 Likes