New experimental patch (July 29, 2021)

It’s confusing because the description doesn’t mention his ultimate once and almost feels applicable to his entire kit, not just whole hog. Not their best description tbh lol

i…dont like the soldier change at all…he is underrated…not underpowered…

11 Likes

It changes a lot of breakpoints. Don’t underestimate it.

Remember how Hog became the best hero in the game when they increased his damage by 1? They even gave him 2 compensation nerfs…

6 Likes

This does alot for him. While the healing isn’t the reason you should pick soldier in the first place.

3 Likes

Or they could just buff her ultimate generation

1 Like

My thoughts incoming:
Doomfist is a weird choice. It’s like they gave up actually trying to make it better and just emphasized it’s uselessness by making him be able to use it as an ability cooldown instead much like reloading with Deadeye.

I can get behind the Genji change, but why not increase ultimate charge too?

Uh… Moira? What is this?

Was Roadhog giving ultimate charge during Whole Hog enough of a problem to warrant a buff? What the hell?

Can we actually not do this 76 change? I’d prefer the heal field to damage ngl. JUST LET 'IM RELOAD WHILE RUNNING PLEASE!

As much as I hate fighting a good Wrecking Ball, this is the worse thing they could have done to him. Like the mine changes would have been good enough.

I don’t he’ll be meta. It’s a very niche buff that lets him land sooner but he could already land on enemies anyway. And they didn’t buff his damage or anything on his ult

If they buffed his cc or buffed his shields then yeah he could be meta

OVERWATCH EXPERIMENTAL PATCH NOTES – JULY 29, 2021

EXPERIMENTAL HERO UPDATES

DOOMFIST

The accelerated cooldown times will enable more fluidity with setting up Doomfist’s combos when using the Meteor Strike ultimate.

30x30

Meteor Strike

• Now speeds up the cooldown rate of his abilities by 100% while in the air

GENJI

The Shuriken damage increase doesn’t sound like a lot but it crosses a threshold or “breakpoint” against some enemy targets, enabling them to be eliminated with one less attack landed. To help balance out this increased power for his primary weapon we’re reducing the damage of the Dragonblade ultimate, which is also a breakpoint against some targets when being damage boosted.

Shuriken

• Damage increased from 28 to 29

Dragonblade

• Damage reduced from 120 to 110

MOIRA

Moira has recently been underperforming a little bit. This increase to her self-healing with Biotic Grasp will help improve her survivability while in range to recharge her healing resources.

Biotic Grasp

• Self-healing increased from 20 to 24 health per second

ROADHOG

Roadhog tanks for his allies by being a large and threatening target with high durability which draws a lot of fire from the enemy team. We’re reducing the amount of ultimate charge he provides to better enable him in this role without as much of a downside for his own team.

Whole Hog

• Now passively grants 25% less ultimate charge

SOLDIER: 76

The damage-per-shot for the Heavy Pulse Rifle has been adjusted several times now as it’s an important tuning breakpoint for Soldier: 76. It was last reduced when his weapon spread was replaced by recoil to help account for the increased accuracy potential, though with the recent reductions to his damage falloff at long range, it’s reasonable to increase his damage output once again while pulling some power out of his area-of-effect healing utility.

Heavy Pulse Rifle

• Damage increased from 19 to 20

Biotic Field

• Healing reduced from 40 to 35 health per second

WRECKING BALL

Wrecking Ball is the fastest hero in the game which works well for his disruptive playstyle. However, to help reduce his contribution to objective stalling, his Grappling Claw ability will now start on cooldown upon respawning. Proximity mines will no longer attach to walls as it resulted in accidental bunched up placements, out of range from most enemy targets, more often than any intentional clever uses.

Grappling Claw

• Now begins on cooldown after respawning

Adaptive Shield

• Cast time reduced from 0.2 seconds to 0 seconds
  • Duration increased from 7 to 9 seconds

Minefield

• Proximity mines no longer stick to walls
8 Likes

lol, I’ve been doing SO GOOD with S76 recently

not sure why he’s being buffed at all…

5 Likes

They have effectively buffed his cc with this change because he’ll always have all of it after ulting, giving him better cc uptime without increasing it’s duration

But if you waited the full duration in MS couldn’t you already have all your CDs up when you landed?

Because people prefer precision hitscan to him.

It still doesn’t matter because of his recoil.

The most dumbest thing they slapped onto S:76 was that god forsaken recoil. I swear I’m staring into the heavens within 4 seconds of shooting his gun.

I only mean “meta” in the sense of “recently buffed characters are ubiquitously played for some time after they are buffed as players try to experiment with the changes and shove that hero into every comp”

Doomfist counters are pretty obvious and hopefully well-known, so skilled players shouldn’t have much of a problem with these changes.

Landing on top of people was never an issue previously, but the +shields from meteor strike (and the resulting followup) is the only thing which might be daunting for some players, especially those who are unfamiliar with Doomfist’s I-frames.

The longer you wait the more time the enemy has too.

Please don’t let the doom buff go live.

5 Likes

Lol they didn’t just nerf dmg boosted blade while not touching nanoblade desides 250hp hero breakpoint.

1 Like

I just feel special because I asked for this exact grappling hook change a while back.

Also cool, Symmetra will survive two swings of a dry blade now. I wonder how that’s gonna feel.

Ewwww the untalented baboons devs making another terrible patch…

3 Likes

Maybe it’ll be one of those changes that gets tweaked on its way to Live, and it won’t be 24 HPS in the real patch!

It’ll be 22 instead, hyuck hyuck