NA player Samito "smurfing isn't a problem and I invite the forums to counter me"

Yeah, AFTER the damage has been done. Even if the game puts you back in slot G after you hop out of line and go to slot B, you still were IN SLOT B for a match. I’m not sure what about this you’re not getting? Just because the system is fast and recalibrates quickly doesn’t change literally anything about the process of deranking and smurfing. It’s still happening, you see that right?

It’s not ‘a few games’ at this point; there’s a quantity of players doing this at such a volume that I’d say easily 30% of my matches are in some way impacted by this. Either a Smurf on their way up or down, it doesn’t matter.

30% of my matches being ruined is not ‘nothing’. Heck, when I play I’d say over half of my matches are absolute trash, but you can’t guarantee someone is throwing just because they’re mad about something else or not. I tend to judge this based on how low level the account is; someone with no stars who got put into my rank clearly at one point in time was playing at a skill level on par with me, aka NOT a new player. So when they’re doing nothing to contribute I can only assume that it’s a smurf; why else would they have been put in my rank at all? They would have needed to play games well enough to be placed with me, so they can’t be brand new, yet they’re playing like they’re half drunk. And this happens all. the. time.

So what, am I supposed to think the Matchmaker just gives me absolute potatoes sometimes and then other times I’m playing against characters who I can’t even touch, and that’s just what, ‘fair’ matchmaking? Because that’s not what I’d call fair.

If you want to see a statistic then we’d need actual information from blizzard, but I don’t have that. You’re hiding behind this ‘show me statistics’ argument in order to dismiss the sentiment I’m putting forward; that’s not helpful to the game either. I honestly don’t give a crap about convincing you about anything, but your assessment of the situation and the impact it has on the game and the community at large is dead wrong, whether or not you want to see it as it is.

If you have endless people on the forums coming, regularly, to make frustrated posts about smurfs then why, WHY, would they do that if there wasn’t some kind of issue in the matchmaker? Even if they were wrong about it being smurfs, which I don’t think they are but you want to- even if they were wrong? It still shows evidence of a problem. I’ve been on these forums off and on for literal years now, and I’ve seen more posts about smurfs and frustrating experiences in the last 6 months than I did in the previous 2 years.

But yeah sure stick your head in the sand and tell us we’re wrong or we gotta just ‘git good’ and trust everything is hunky dory because, y’know, why would we want to talk about the issues in a game and fix those issues so it could continue to be successful and stop bleeding viewership and players like a stuck pig, that’d just be silly.

1 Like

Like all his arguments, it gets pooped on when using reason.

Unranked to GM challenges are an endeavour done by players that already are of a higher skill rating. Because the acc is new there is no way to determine or for the game to know the person is a smurf.

You knowingly and willingly get into lower ranks, win games that would have been fair on a SR basis had you not been there. So you do ruin the fairness of the game by purposely being in matches you are not meant to be in competitive wise.

I dont agree smurfs should be banned but there should be a way to fast track them to their respective ranks in order to avoid them ruining games that the MM thinks is fair.

2 Likes

Alt accounts are fine. If someone buys a new account, tryhards their placements and quickly climbs to where they belong, that’s not gaming the system or pubstomping.

There are legit reasons to buy another account—less now with the role-specific SR, but there are still a few.

But if someone artificially drops SR in order to place low for a Bronze-GM challenge, or stay low so they have an account they can roll n00bs with, that’s not good. The throwing is 100% reportable.

3 Likes

The man needs a life coach. He’s so lost and immersed in that tiny magical bubble of his that reaching out to him or trying to have a civil discussion with him from this position is a fruitless endeavor.

At this point all I feel towards him is pity. Imagine being able to play games for a living, form an entire community of faithful followers and yet deciding to invest your time and energy on controversial things like these…

1 Like

remember when samito used moira in plat and didn’t even carry but claimed he did lmafo

He doesn’t smurf or throw though. So what’s the issue? He shouldn’t be allowed to buy the game again because you hate losing?

But he didnt, he was ranking up that account trying his hardest like every other smurf account he has?

Samito is a chill dude & a fantastic Overwatch player. I actually agree with all of his suggestions & criticisms of Overwatch & the meta etc. He’s legit af & haters gunna hate regardless. Also buying another alt account is perfectly fine. Nothing interesting to talk about here.

Yea, cause you can’t counter that amount of stupidity.

Is there anything wrong with me joining a 10 year old baseball team as an adult? Shouldn’t they just get better if they don’t like it? I paid my fees… I use the same equipment and field… seems fair.

Samito is a completely bias source of info when it comes to smurfing
dude is also an all around douchebag and a tool to boot

This part seems hard for people to understand. It is not smurfing or wrong to play how you should play on a new account. GM/top500s will be high plat/diamond by the time they finish their first 5 games. And it likely wont take many games after that to make it to masters.

Legit players climbing will not ruin many games… may even save some people from a thrower/smurf. For example before RQ I had a GM player trying to learn heals on a new account… dps main. The other team had a smurf who made the mistake of talking trash… or GM said in voice “hang on a sec, I need to deal with this then I will go back to heals”. He swapped to Widow and destroyed them for a few minutes and then went back.

Smurfing isn’t about level which seems to confuse people… “He has silver border thats not a smurf LOLOLOL” Heard that so many times. I say “CHeck his profile, he is GM/Top 500” and they reply with “LOL noob he is in plat”

Sounds like this person is confusing smurfing and alternate accounts.

The seemingly constant stream of new accounts of high ranked players has killed the game for me. Feels like every round has a minimum of 1 and a max of 4 and it’s just a game of who’s no-star-bronze is the best (comp or qp).

Stop with your fairytales.

If you truely tryhard in qp as a top500 you can hit low master … dafran threw games with Lucio in qp and still got placed Diamond.

Stop defending this mental.

A Top 500 player plays 5 games in Plat

There are 11 other people in each lobby
6 of them do not deserve to lose because you’re not playing in your rank, 5 of them get a win that they didn’t necessarily deserve

That is 55 people you are effecting for only 5 games.

5 Likes

i seriously dont see the relation here??

Are you sure thats reason? or is it because blizzard didnt ban you and all your accounts. After all, it would be a huge PR WIN for blizz :slight_smile:
And, btw just noticed you after :slight_smile:

the opening minute or two seemed really out of touch, but you have to watch the whole video for him to put it all together

new accounts should start at the bottom, and the better you are, the more integrity your matches have. it’s the least bad way to do things

What you said he said is completely wrong - he said in the video he doesn’t enjoy stomping on lower skill brackets for fun - seems like you pulled that one out of your as- nice commentary when you didn’t watch the video

he’s not purposely putting himself lower, blame the system for not putting him higher if he tryhards the 15 hours or so of quickplay and than placements of comp for putting him in plat.

I mean to be fair, having multiple accounts is fine cause a lot of people will get placed into the same ranks as their main accounts.

However, purposefully ruining the matches of lower ranked players is far from fine,considering how Ranked can be pretty bad already.