NA player Samito "smurfing isn't a problem and I invite the forums to counter me"

“The games aren’t ruined” is his main point, can someone please help me understand how a game isn’t ruined if one team has a player who is vastly more skilled and has much more experience and hours than the other???

9 Likes

Nope im not gonna give him any views.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure that inherently means the game was ruined; who’s going around saying “Ah yeah, I know that game was super rigged, but- no matter!” like, that’s not how anything works???

It’s very easy to defend something that’s not breaking the rules.

The game isn’t ruined from HIS pov, it’s like only his point of view matters when he’s playing

1 Like

I didn’t say he does and don’t particularly care for your cliche forum vs samito drama, sorry.

Guys there’s no need to argue about this guy. Just let him clown himself into irrelevancy.

“The system is doing its job and giving me the wins I deserve” always comes off to me as intellectually dishonest. It already did its job when it got you to top 500. You don’t need to ruin the experience for other people just so you can do a “rainbow account” or “bronze to GM” stream.

As someone who both attempted to smurf casually and purposefully smurfed, the game does a really thorough job of deciding where you belong even if you try to cheat it.

And don’t forget that some players could have the smurf ruin more than one game for them, making it even worse. I’ve had such bad experiences with smurfs, so bad that I don’t even play comp anymore :cry:

I don’t understand how Smurfing isn’t “ruining the game.”

People in Silver/Gold/Plat will never play as fast paced as a GM.

Allow me to elaborate; my Support role is high plat, peaked 2822.
High plat/low diamond games, the game is played respectively quick, the DPS know how to win 1v1s, they know how to abuse certain hero matchups.

My damage role went on a losing streak and i had a decent amount of games in very low gold, i think it was roughly 2087?

Silvers/golds cannot compare to the pace of plat/diamonds.
It truly is a different game, it’s slower, less awareness, less “urgency” in movement.

If i, a peak of 2822, can notice a difference with 800 SR, just IMAGINE the difference between 2000 SR.

Edit; i forgot another important note.
A good majority of smurfs I’ve run into, throw games to keep low SR.
So this alone, is guaranteeing that the smurf is ruinning games by throwing to stay in their low SR.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if it only takes one match to ‘recalibrate’ and put you back where you belong; that’s still a match that you didn’t belong in in the first place. And then you have to remember, you’re not the only one doing this - there’s thousands of other people doing what you’re doing, too.

So now all the low level matches are made up of a combo of smurfs stomping, smurfs de-ranking, and people trying to learn how to play better.

It’s a bad mix, even if every time they stomp they get put back ‘up’, they just need to spend a match playing Torb and dancing all game (happens all the time now) to derank their SR and go right back to stomping.

It’s not picking up ONE object and putting it back on the shelf; it’s thousands, over and over and over again. That makes a difference.

3 Likes

It does matter, because it’s doing what it’s intended to do. Find the ample spot that the player belongs in. And it does a pretty good job of it as it stands, way harder to trick than, let’s say, CSGO for example.

If that means that a few games get thrown out the window, then so be it. It’s no different to losing against a team that may be better without being smurfs.

I’d like to see a statistic other than made up conjecture if you’re going to be generalizing.

And sometimes you get paired against a team that may just be better than yours is. You take the L and move on. Smurfing as a hinderance is an excuse, and a worn out one at that.

Samito is an idiot like alot of others but smurfing is a issuethought i may be 200+ but i have a secondary account i try to use to test other heroes with (which hasnt gone well)

1 Like

Smurfing =/= practice account

2 Likes

Yeah thanks for just being super dismissive and not at all even considering that maybe you can easily tell the difference between an average loss and someone being a smurf. Totally doesn’t show that you have no idea what we’re talking about, thanks next.

Your comments =/= Helpful or Meaningful

Just owning a secondary account that you still try your hardest on is not smurfing, guys. Just because some idiots called it smurfing doesn’t mean that is what it is. Words have meanings, even silly made up internet ones. Smurfing requires an actual intent of getting into matches where you know the players are at a lower level than you and then playing characters you’re an expert in, making the overall matchup unfair. That’s smurfing, not just owning a second account.

It’s not whether doing it once or twice is so bad. It’s about doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and o…

1 Like

Agree to disagree my dude :man_shrugging: You’re not swaying me, I’m not swaying you. But at least I didn’t stoop to petty dismissal of your points.

Difference between us is at least I responded to most of the points that made the most sense. I’m sorry we couldn’t continue this dialogue any further. :slightly_smiling_face: