My custom overwatch patch 2

i was bored so i wanted to do this, enjoy

TANKS

D.Va

Passive: Heavy armor

• Damage recieved from crits reduced by 33%

d.vas critbox is a highly safe place to aim towards due to its position in her centre of mass, rendering her quite quick to melt especially against those
who she is suposed to counter, snipers, reducing the damage she takes from crits reduces the reward of aiming for her critical hitbox to be more in line
with the risk it takes

Orisa

Protective barrier

• Health increased from 600 to 700

Fortify

• Orisa is considered a “Solid Object” While in fortify, making it able to block LOS on abilities such as Earthshatter

Orisa isnt in that bad of a position when compared to before, however increasing her barrier should make her better as a main tank, the fortify change
allows for more counterplay against reinhart since her barrier isnt fully able to contest him

Sigma

Experimental barrier

• Regeneration increased from 85 to 100

These changes seek to increase sigma´s barrier strenght while enfatizing the playstyle of quickly flashing his barrier to block improtant cooldowns
his regeneration is beeing increased to allow him to do this more often without necesarily increasing the total damage the barrier can take

Zarya

Energy (Passive)

• Decay rate increased from 1.6 to 2.0

Particle cannon (Primary)

• Beam width scales on energy once again (1.5 at 0% --> 2.0 at 100%)

Particle cannon (Secondary)

• Proyectile area of effect scales on energy once again (2.5 at 0% —> 3 at 100%)

Bastion

General

• Moved from DPS to Tank

Ironclad (Passive)

• Damage reduction increased from 20% to 25%
  • Damage reduction applies globally inestead of only when transformed

Configuration: Sentry

• Ammo reduced from 300 to 125

Self Repair

• No longer applies 0.25 recovery in between repairs

Defensive Protocol (New ability bound to E)

• Ability type: Self Buff
  • Effect duration: 1 second
  • Ability Cooldown: 14 seconds
  • Ability effect: CC immunity & Ironclad damage resistance increases to 50%

New Passive: Suppresive fire

• Enemies Damage by bastion have the “supression” debuff applied for 0.5 seconds
  • Suppresed enemies deal 15% less damage, and have 33% increased gun spread (if their gun has spread, if it doesnt then it does nothing)

While these changes may seem strange, the idea of bringing bastion into a the tank role is for a few reasons: the main one is to allow us to buff the
character while mitigating the damage he does at lower ranks since they can no longer stack barriers on him as he is a tank himself

Supports

Brig

Repair pack

• Charges reduced from 3 to 1
  • Gives +75 armor over the course of 2 seconds (decays after 3 seconds)
  • Range reduced from 30 to 12m
  • Cooldown increased from 6 to 12
  • Allies affected by repair pack recieve +20% healing for 3 seconds

General

• Base health increased from 175 to 200

Inspire

• Total healing increased from 90 to 130

The idea is to restore the idea that brig is a primarily utility character, rather than a character designed for healing, she offers subpar healing in
exchange for her great utility, however she can still indirectly assist via buffing teammates healing recieved

Ana

Biotic Grenade

• Anti-Heal effect can now be cleansed by picking up a health pack

The idea is to simply add a bit more counterplay to antinade, one that all characters can access, but its not necesarily extremely easy to use and requires
good gamesense and positioning to use

DPS

Doomfist

General

• Rooftops can no longer be sat on, inestead they will simply make him slide off

Uppercut

• Recovery time reduced from 0.35 to 0.20

Seismic Slam

• Range increased from 15m to 20m

The idea is to simply remove the more unpredicteable aspect of doomfist in the way of rooftop sliding (seeing as its banned in OWL anyways…clearly
theres something wrong with it) and buffing his kit elsewhere now that he is abit more limited mobility-wise and is less likely to come out of nowhere

Genji

General

• Health modified from 200HP to 100HP 100Shields

Dragonblade

• Dragonblade slashes can no longer be damage boosted

Shuriken (Secondary Fire)

• Recovery time reduced from 0.75 to 0.65

the idea is to secure a better niche for genji as a backline harasser and less of an ult bot, the nerf to his ultimate reduces the power of dragonblade
allowing room to buff his kit without a nanoblade meta beeing caused again. his new shielding allows genji to regen health while outside of combat reducing
the need for him to use health packs, and thus allowing him to more consistenly continue to harass the enemy

Pharah

General

• Health modifide from 200hp to 100hp 100shields

this change is simply to make pharah less reliant on mercy, giving her the ability to retreat and regen on her own

Symmetra

Teleporter

• Cooldown on manual destruction reduced from 10s to 4s (manual destruction cooldown has no effect if the TP has taken damage in the last 3 seconds)

Sentry Turret

• Cooldown reduced from 10s to 8s

Tracer

Pulse Pistols

• Falloff range reduced from 13m to 10m
4 Likes

i disagree on doom, he should not be buffed due to him being a broken character

3 Likes
3 Likes

Id personally call it Reinforced Glass because its not armor in front of her.

Already does do that.

Pretty much ruins the point i think it should just not allow like 300 healing per target Meaning. That the healer would heal someone and after X amount is applied it goes away.

This would be broken im going to be honest. Being able to to teleport to a different high ground or area every 4 seconds would be op. (Because you could just manually destroy everytime its low) also when you teleport its your whole team.

Isnt really necessary because spread really minimizes the amount of damage from pellets contacting the enemy. Idk tho so thats for other people to deicde.

Some interesting changes to heroes. I wouldn’t necessarily actually implement a lot of them, but it’s interesting to think about how it would change the game.

For some good ol’ suggestions’n’feedback, I would maybe introduce a small counter-nerf to Orisa and Sigma (just in case, and we wouldn’t want Sigma becoming an off-but-kinda-actually-main tank again). I do agree with the Zarya stuff though; maybe not Bastion, because the only way that he can really take space would still be by killing the enemy team. Maybe more damage nerfs or exchanging some for a more off-tank ability similar to how Zarya has bubble, D.Va DM, etc.?

I haven’t really looked at the other changes; more suggestions incoming!

1 Like

I think you missed the part where i said that if it takes dmg the cooldown is not reduced

…does it? This is the first time i hear about it…

Id have to test

It does it to earth shatter at least i havent tested others

OOH interesting I hadn’t realized that. The more you know.

I will have to pop workshop to test

I was thinking more on the side that he would do area denial via his damage similar to how a widow does…but i have otjer ideas for more direct tanking abilities

Im saying the context that you will block it but only for you but if you body block your team will be back up by the time they can push up unless there on flanks.

It should block shatter fully but it doesnt

Yeah thats not what i meant

I meamt that if you are orisa and fortify and you have people directly behind you they will not be shattered

Similar to how mei ice block does

Ah ok i was like but it does block the shatter but not for everyone

Yeah i want it to be for everyone like a barrier would

Okay. Suggested Revisions Round 2. SUPPORTS my favs! :smiley:

Ana’s bionade shouldn’t be canceled by health packs; I just think that the anti-heal should be reduced to 80 or 90%. As for Brig, honestly I think all she needs is smallish buffs; the proposed Inspire buff is a TAD much. I do like the Repair pack stuff though. If her Inspire buff was toned down, maybe a shorter CD for Repair Pack so that it can be slightly more accessible. I feel like it wouldn’t feel good if you could only “heal” outside of combat every 12 seconds. BUT WHADDA I KNOW I’m just a Mercy main.

Now, suggestions for DPS? Nah, who cares about them.
jk, but I probably don’t play DPS enough to really be able to accurately critique any changes unless it’s obvious.

Oh right i should comment my idea for bastion

It didnt make the final cut but this is my idea for a tank-like ability that fits bastion:

Passive: Supressive fire

• Enemies damaged by bastion in any configuration have the “Supression” Debuff appllied for 0.8s
  • if hit again, the duration refreshes

Suppresion debuff

• Deal 15% reduced damage
  • If weapon already has spread: increase it by 20%
  • if it doesnt; Add random spread, 1.35 angle max

OOOOH I think that could work with some fiddling around. Maybe not 0.8s? Seems a bit long for such a strong debuff (at least, it LOOKS strong, but a lot of things are deceptive like that). 15% reduced damage is a lot, so maybe a bit less? Oh, maybe they have to receive continuous fire for a bit, like 0.5s? Just throwing stuff out there.

As for the spread, some characters can’t really have spread (like Sym or Zarya. Unless… NO they can’t have spread I will not think of that), so maybe

OH WAIT maybe it does something to AMMO thus reducing overall damage AND
I dunno my brain is exploding with a bunch of random stuff.

If the weapon physically cant have spread e.g a beam it doesnt do spread, just reduced dmg

The 2nd part was meant for weapons without spread that are still guns; like soldiers gun

Actually I lied. I will make suggestions about the DPS. Heheh.

• Fer good ol’ oft’ hated Doom, I don’t think that he really needs the buffs to Uppercut and Seismic Slam; the rooftop nerf is relatively confined to certain maps and doesn’t, I think, warrant counter-buffs. Maybe TINY ones, but the proposed buffs might make him just a touch too powerful.
  • Genji? I think it could work with some finagling.
  • Pharah YES PLEASE make Pharah not have to rely on us poor Mercy’s if they aren’t good… PLEASE. I support the logic behind the Pharah changes ENTIRELY.
  • Sym changes are good? I guess? I can’t really picture how it would impact the game; maybe after some playtesting the cooldown could be shifted around a bit for finetuning.
  • Yes please for Tracer change; she’s a close-range hero and too many times have I perished to her evil blasters right out of Valk when I’ve flown as high as possible to escape… that is, if I’m understanding your suggestion correctly. I know nothing (or nearly nothing) about falloff and how it and the terminology works.

Okay. That makes sense.