Bastion now cant kill McCree

Actually Bastion needs a rework lol ;-; poor robot

1 Like

Not at all, this is a myth. Only players who randomly flex to Bastion and don’t understand the hero demand babysitting. Only they wrongly expect it to work.

Look at all the best Bastion plays, no babysitting, it’s all getting off on weird angles to ambush the enemy.

There are ways to discourage babysitting like less ironclad or eliminate ironclad and a higher ratio of armoured health.

That’s not the problem.

The problem is two delays stack on top of each other.

1. The 0.5sec time to transform into sentry (inherent)
  2. The 0.5sec time before healing begins in self-repair (arbritrary)

All you need to do is remove that arbitrary delay.

I’d also like the heal per second to be slightly increased from 90 to 100 which as well as being a deserved buff just simplifies net damage calculation. For example, if you know the attack recovery then you can just multiply that by 100 to know how much you can heal between each shot.

This would allow Bastion to use Self-repair as a defensive ability like Roadhog does with Breather. The deeper armour pool is necessary as it can otherwise be shot off so easily.

3 Likes

The team would still baby sit you tho

1 Like

Buff his damage because he can’t kill two characters in one shot anymore? The whole point was to increase their survivability across the board. You’re not supposed to be able to do that anymore.

1 Like

That’s why you have to run away and hide from them!

:wink:

Seriously, you need to ambush the opposition like a WW2 anti-tank gun, you’re not a tank, you’re a tank destroyer.

Your teammates are vital for engaging and pinning down the enemy, and it really is important that the mercy is keeping Hanzo or Junk health and pressuring the enemy not sitting behind you watching her Actions Per Minute steadily go down.

Honestly id like to put bastion in the tank category myself…

it would help so you can buff him without worrying about low ranks stacking 50 barriers on top of him

I see you throw as bastion like all the others as well.

What gives you the right to say what i do when you arent brave enough to show your profile

Nah, just make him feel better to play. No need to drastically change his playstyle.

For the sake of the entire game, no, the problematic mess that is Sentry shouldn’t get net buffed.

He is never going to be buffed to a position of meta. That is just something that will never stand. If that ever happened he would nerfed within days. People get annoyed when Brigg is meta but man Bastion being meta would be a level of suffering that they would never let happen.

Source: when that actually happened.

I dont want him to be meta. I want him out the niche market

Dude you’re talking about buffing a character that can literally self heal at any given time, no cooldown needed, and you want the .5 second delay to be removed?

From a DAMAGE character that can HEAL himself at will?

lol

25 HP has a very specific interaction with Bastion’s ult that other DPS ults aren’t really affected by. When you only get eight (sometimes seven) shots to work with, having to use two on a target that should only take one really reduces the value of one of the worst DPS ults.

The damage character that’s larger than Zarya and has only one defensive ability, his self-heal. Imagine giving bubble or defense matrix a 0.5s activation delay.

1 Like

I think that’s one of bastions biggest problems though. He’s stationary in a game that heavily favours movement. I truly don’t believe there are any good buffs sentry could get, that would fix that underlying problem.
Hence why I’ve always advocated for having sentry and tank form swapped around.

Gives his base kit some mobility with plenty of fire power. You’d obviously need to tone down the damage of tank form a tad. Ideally I’d love to see his base kit have close to the same power as it currently does.

Opens up sentry form (now ult) to buffs. I.e giving him the personal shield he had in beta for its duration.
Would also allow some changes to recon form too, as he’d be using it a lot more (possibly more damage resistance to compensate for his thicc robot behind).

Ta da! Most of his big problems are fixed.

• He’s no longer crippled by his heavy stationary playstyle.
  • His base kit gets some much needed mobility.
  • With his beta shield during the sentry ult, he no longer needs to rely on his teammates tank and support picks to be a viable pick.

To me, bastions biggest problem has always been that he relies too heavily on his tanks (mostly) and supports. And on the flip side, he heavily bottle necks his teams tank and support choices if they want to win, which doesn’t make him a very popular character choice.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Defense matrix does have a .25 second delay on activation ~ and Bubble is a reactionary shield that doesn’t give guaranteed value, you can waste it and it only lasts for a second. Bastion being able to just heal himself all the time is incredibly powerful, it’s like Roadhog but even Roadhog’s breather has a cooldown.

I’m not saying Bastion is OP or anything, guy needs some love ~ but to make his self heal ability even stronger when frankly he kind of shouldn’t have it at all in the first place blows my mind. To me that’s like giving Hanzo even more abilities in his bloated kit, like; lol no?

Without a self-heal, what would justify Bastion over 76, ever? He’s literally a tank-sized hero with no tank abilities besides his self-heal.

Making Bastion even more reliant on double barrier el presidente strats is exactly the opposite of what most people who play as and against Bastion want.

1 Like

Are you doing to address my reasons at all or just scoff that it goes against your prejudicial assumption?

So what if it’s on a resource meter rather than a cooldown? All Bastion’s non-ultimate attacks are continually firing and Bastion has no extra mobility to control engagements.

… is the size of a TANK?!

I think you just feel entitled to easily beating Recon Bastion with almost every hero in the game.

Yeah, putting it on a fixed maximum duration and a cooldown obviously wouldn’t hurt el presidente in his bunker when the bunker breaks.

It does hurt anyone who tries to play Bastion outside of a bunker as your huge recon hitbox or stationary sentry is a magnet for chip damage.

I think they fully intend to utterly cripple self-repair.

Hardly, I think he’s in a bad state now and I’d call him worse off than Symmetra, and basically all I do on these forums is complain about how Sym’s been done dirty. Thanks for assuming though.

I just don’t think giving indefinite immediate forever-healing on a DPS character is the way to make them work better in the game. The problem isn’t that he needs to be healing himself, that literally shouldn’t be his job, the problem is that he needs to be bringing other things to the table. He’s literally more stationary than Orisa in a game where mobility is paramount, and you want to just make him heal himself forever?

Okay then, you’re entitled to your opinion :woman_shrugging: