Moira was added so healers weren't free kills anymore

what???

u mean u need moira because u less skill than them so u need powerfull hero to beat them even u are less skill than them?

everyone should beat everyone if they are more skill than them, and they should lose if they are less skilled, how it is a bad thing?

u want to win just because u pick moira vs 500 hours genji player?
not because u play better but because u are moira?

also playing zen and get flanked and never got supported are your team mistakes, why u blame the flanker doing their job

flanker trade damage for their ability to abit better at flanking

imagine rein zarya genji tracer vs rein zarya mcree junkrat

genji tracer team will lose alot unless they managed to flank and kill enemy support / dps fast enough when their tank trying to survive on disadvantage because they lack alot more damage / shield break

Same. If she’d be high skill i’d be all over her.

1 Like

Just let it die. It’s only those that think spamming double jump and hitting deflect ever 4 sec takes such incredible levels of skill that anyone mastering that feat should instantly kill anyone immediately. Trolls that can safely be ignored.

2 Likes

That’s a different problem altogether due to the meta changing.
Moira shifted the meta herself by being an anti-flanker but in no way is she this nigh unstoppable force that everyone seems to paint her as.

She provided a solution for a problem and in doing so created another set of problem, much like the very nature of games especially as one with a very volatile balance like Overwatch.

Ease of use is not bad game design because its a non-measurable factor due to individual skills of a player.
What’s easy to use for you may not be easy for everyone else, though that’s not to say Moira is a hard to use hero, but going by your logic heroes with very little mechanical requirement such as Mercy or Reinhardt is bad game design.

5 Likes

If im equelly skilled as tracer and genji I lose as ana/zen vs them.

Always. That’s not good game design if a whole role can only survive once their team stars helping them.

Migrate. Stop making the same threads about moira.

1 Like

Moira is good game design.

Her dmg is laughable, thus her easy aim requirment can be accepted.

Every support outheals her dmg.

1 Like

Try dueling Doomfist as Zen.

Good move, so they gave her Lucio as a free kill

comments like yours are so stupid, its laughable how little moira fans know what they are talking about.

heroes, with the exception of moira, do NOT reflect their full dps. moiras grasp is 100% accurate in a duel, an has long range on top of not requiring aim at all.
so basically, moira will always do her full meant dps in a duel.
she wont be outranged, her weapon wont have a spread making her more accurate, she wont miss, etc

that compared to other supports, who do NOT have accurate weapons, makes them pretty vulnerable. i duel supports as moira like crazy, and im much more likely to have to have the upper hand because:

my hitbox is slim
my attack is 100% accurate, not a projectile that can be dodged (and moira can use both her long range and hitbox for that)
my attack self heals me
my orb can either heal me or damage them, healing orb forces them to land crits while i dont even have to worry about aiming
and again, i can dodge projectiles.
the only support moira needs to worry about in duels is baptiste. everyone else is a free kill, unless zen lands a discorded crit on your 50 year old weeaboo face

What is with all the Moira threads?

She is designed to counter low HP flankers.

You cannot design a hero to counter high mobility flankers and require that hero to have a high aim component.

I know it upsets you that you cannot just jump on the healer at any point and win, but that’s the way the ball bounces.

Back line Moira (attacking other supports) only works until you’re at a point where people do more than hold W and tunnel vision.

6 Likes

As a lucio main, I really love dealing with flankers, much more than with hitscan or snipers.
I feel like when with my own team, if I play decently well I can do a lot about a flanker. He is far from a free kill.
It also proves it doesn’t require a no aim no brain hero to counter a flanker, but can be a skill matchup.

I’m not an ana main but I think ana has quite a few defenses too with nade and sleep.

The only free kill might be zen, especially to doom. But even he can outplay with smart positioining and good aim.

1 Like

Lucio rather tries to avoid flankers.

Not when I play him :smiley:

1 Like

It won’t ever be 100% accurate.

Wow, now you won the duel, gj, moira wasted her heal orb on herself.

It’s not my job as Moira to flank their healers.
Doing that is throwing the game.

Almost every healer can out heal her dps or prolong somebodies life. Thus it would take her 8 seconds to kill anyone…
That’s a long time in overwatch.
Lucio does that by just existing, as does Brigitte.
Moiras range is low, hitscan out range her and can, compared to her take advantage by taking high ground.

It’s difficult for Moira to deal with somebody on high ground.

Yes you can fight 5 secs vs flankers.

But during that time you are not helping your team, thus the flanker does his job.

Lucio and Mercy do best by just avoiding them or by being annoying, while mercy can’t mostly attack them during that time, Lucio can.

Furthermore Lucio is not a main healer.
Good to have a main healer who can deal with flankers

Mercy and Lucio were never free kills, they did slippery survivability right. Not to mention Zen qnd Ana can hold their own if you land their shots (anyone remember how much hate Ana got with 80 damage per shot?). The thing is, you actually had to know what you were doing and had to actually be good at the hero to survive, and a lot of players didn’t like that.

They didn’t want a new hero to not be a free kill, they wanted someone to be a free escape.

2 Likes

But Lucio and Mercy don’t deal with the flankers, they, most of the time, only try to avoid them.

Moira can kill them, something, that’s a good option to have.

It’s more difficult for zen/ana to win vs a flanker than it is for tracer/genji to kill them.

1 Like

They nerfed healing already. This world you speak of doesn’t exist. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

moira is ok, she sure feels stupid at times but it’s no skin off my back.