For the last time, Moira does NOT have auto aim

She has a ‘beam.’ The ‘beam’ acts exactly like Zarya and Symmetra’s beam, just with a curving animation so it LOOKS like she has auto-aim, but she doesn’t

Picture Winston’s tesla arc. Now picture it more narrower and more long range. That’s how Moira’s beam is. SHE :clap: DOESN’T :clap: HAVE :clap: AUTO :clap: AIM! Stop acting and insisting as if she does.

(there you go Lias. I misspelled Moira as Moria!)

EDIT: Christ, this post was false-flagged so much it got hidden then restored by a mod. What is wrong with you people. This is why I think they oughta get rid of flagging since people abuse the hell out of it

63 Likes

People know it’s not auto-aim but the visual representation of the beam is misleading any way you slice it.

10 Likes

She’s still very easy to play tho, despite your “clarification”.

54 Likes

but is she swedish?

you cant start a voiceline and just cut it off

3 Likes

It may as well be though…it’s wide enough that not hitting your target is pretty hard to do

Plus unlike standard beams the visual bend helps with your aiming…as it indicates which way to turn the camera

23 Likes

We know and we don’t care. If she had literal auto aim it would make no difference to how she is now. You can still have 100% accuracy by banging your face against right click.

24 Likes

At 0 charge, zarya does (basically) 2x the damage that Moira does.
Zarya’s beam is still more than half the size of Moira’s.

So shouldn’t Zarya be more of an issue, especially since she has tank-health?

It’s the same story with Symmm but with a lot more damage.

I feel like there’s a massive hipocrisy with how people view Moira, because other heroes should be seen as worse because of their superior damage and circumstance, but for some reason Moira gets the hate.

11 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/bKUitNN

As you can see here, the bot closest to Moira isn’t getting targeted unless the center of the reticle is closer to him than the one that is further away, this is an auto lock mechanic, unless the bot closer to Moira moves closer to the center of her screen, she will keep targetting the bot further until the condition is broken

On the other hand if you target the bot closer directly, your beam will stay attach until the distance between the bot and the center of your screen is longer than the distance between the further bot and the center of your screen

The beam behaves like a lock on under the conditional of players closer to reticle and those inside of the view angle specified for her beam as well as the range requirement, this isn’t even a recreation on the workshop but I did recreate the beam and can provide a code if needed

3 Likes

Oh, really honey, why does she then only have an average of 60% accuracy at masters +??

If it’s that easy :00

4 Likes

Accuracy with a lot of characters is a misleading stat. With Moira, you really should be holding down M2 constantly while not healing.

3 Likes

she has a latch effect and stays for a little bit idk if that counts :woman_shrugging:

Another guy with this thing.

The moira problem is not the beam. The problem is that she needs less efforr to get same or higher value than other supports.

Why?

Because she needs less aiming, less game sense and less positions skills. Because you have a very good run away hability and like 20m dmg and self heal beam… with one ultimate that make you faster, massive self healing and also dmg the enemy on one massive beam…

Oh wait and also have a self healing orb and dmg orb that dont needs good skills to.

Then… a full kit that requiered less skills than other supports to have good value.

5 Likes

To be fair, only Ana and Baptiste take much effort from all the main healers in this game.

The other remaining 2 main healers less.

1 Like

What are you talking about ? When i play ana i can sit back drink a beer while im healing people. When i play moira i need to dodge 3/4 people/heal/posision and you want to add aim into that aswell ?

6 Likes

Zenyatta neeeds a lot of aiming skills and positions skills. Anyway if you talk about main support yes.

But mercy needs more positions skills. A main mercy can make a very good rez and move really good.

Position skills isn’t limited to Mercy though, and seeing how you ranted about requiring less aim, good run away ability and an ultimate that makes the player faster with improved self healing, would I think Mercy too would be considered an issue by you.

I hate to say it, but even though Moira takes the least amount of skill of all the main healers, ios it only by a small margin compared with Mercy.

I consider both healers as no issues by the way.

Maybe because mercy dont have two self healing ways. Sont have a run away hability that can save you also of a tracer pulse bomb…

Mercy dont have infinity self healing while she is fighting…

Mercy dont have a ultimate that make dmg against enemys through shields.

Mercy cant charge the ultimate just shotting the orb on the enemy direction…

She doesn’t need it.
She autoheals.

Moira on the other hand can only self heal by using an ability on herself or by dealing damage, which in return prevent her from healing teammates.

I’m pretty sure her auto-self-healing doesn’t get interrupted anymore when Valkyrie is active, so…

No, she get’s a long range uninterruptable chain healing and free flying.

1 Like

Man mercy just self healing, when she dont get dmg for some secs… is a lot diferent.

Also when mercy use valk… she fly and is not a hard tsrget against many heros or ultimates… moira can use the ultimate on the backline behind the allied shield…

Anyway im not defending mercy design. But i think that she needs more effort to get high value than moira.

Trust me… It’s not “the last time.” It’s never the last time. :rofl: