Moira lock tracking is still on

I rest my case your honour.

5 Likes

No, you wouldn’t.

The point being made in this thread is that Moira has lock on. But she doesn’t.

Then why are you in this thread? This statement almost makes it sound like you agree that the OP is wrong, in which case, why are you defending them against all the people telling them that they’re wrong?

That statement is making 3 claims;

Scatter Arrow was hitscan

Scatter Arrow could 1 shot most tanks

The previous 2 facts comnbined make the ability unfair/broken.

The first claim is objectively wrong. And the second is objectively wrong. I imagine they’d have plenty of people telling them so.

The third should then be nullified, as it’s based on the first 2 being true (but they’re not), however there would likely still be discussion about whether the ability is broken or not.

This thread makes 1 claim;

Moira’s right click has a lock on mechanic.

This is objectively wrong. There’s nothing else to talk about here. OP made 1 claim. OP was wrong. That’s it. They didn’t say that the lock on Mechanic made her OP, in fact, they even said that they don’t mind the way her right click works, but was adamant that it locks on.

3 Likes

ok, look do you WANT to talk about her beam and why it is like it is?

Because it was designed with a VERY specific purpose in mind, and THAT drives why it acts like it does.

Not only that, but to acheive what it was designed to do, it HAS to act like it does.

I don’t really care about her beam, but why exactly to players need to have such a forgiving hitbox to deal with mobility?

It sounds to me like it was designed a crutch for bad players to do well. A good player could easily hit a Genji regardless of his mobility (especially with how it makes him easier to hit).

Again, I don’t care that she has a forgiving hitbox. I just think that ‘dealing with mobility’ isn’t the best reason someone could give for her having it.

She was designed to counter dive, a problem at Masters and GM.
She was NOT designed to as a crutch. No one could stop mobility at the highest of ranks. They were not bad players.

Brigitte was ALSO designed to counter dive, she was ALSO designed for the highest level of play.

The GMs had no answer to Genji / Tracer.

Moira stopped Genji to some degree but didn’t stop Tracer at all.

Moira was their first attempt, when it failed Brigitte had to be created.

But make NO mistake, Dive was not a problem at low ranks. She was not built because low ranked players couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

Yes? Try it with zarya, hold down left click (well not forever because she has ammo) and you can move target to target by just using a mouse. ofc zarya’s hitbox is more “obvious” due to it being practically the same as her animation in comparison to moira’s larger and “invisible” hitbox

Because the moment Moira came out, Tracer was the better pick, as Moira didn’t stop Tracer.

It ENDED when Tracer couldn’t be fielded.

They were strong as a team, but, the nerfs to them didn’t stop it.

It ended when Tracer was countered, and BEFORE Goats arrived.

There was a period between, where it looked like double sniper was going to work.

But the point was, Say you have a hard to hit hero - like Genji. and you want a counter.

You can EITHER give you CC, OR make the attack very easy to hit with - like AOE.

You don’t want it to be crazy strong against non mobility heroes, but hey, they all have low health, so, it doesn’t have to do a lot.

If you combine it with some self sustain, and a literal AOE attack to go with it, then you have a non CC counter to mobility, AND dive was ALL about mobility.

Because it doesn’t do a lot of damage, the rest of the cast will be fine.

Not a cruch, but designed for a game style at the highest of ranks.

I reviewed the same game again with replay. I have better evidence that lock on still exists with Moira’s purple beam. Watch the video and ask yourself "why is she drawing essence while Sigma is above her? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Haha she is sooo busted :smile:

I
1 Like

So she has Lock-On. And what is busted? 50dps lock-on moira is normal.
It even is written in the wiki page

Umm no, if you 180 while using blood beam it won’t track, if you 180 using mercy beam it stays, there is a clear difference.

2 Likes

that wasn’t lock on.

that moira was right in front of the sigma literally touching him and her beam has a big hitbox.

her beam would be lock on if it stayed locked on after you turn about 95 degrees from distance.

2 Likes

it also can only hit one person at a time

1 Like

LEAVE. MOIRA. ALONE.
You need to calm down!

You can do that with Sym, Zarya, Sombra, Tracer, Soldier…
Well… the only difference is that she needs to right click while the other have to left click

Can Moira be a Dementor for Halloween?

Yes pls. Worth 100$ for me

1 Like

And to all the people asking why we are ‘stubborn’ and say that she doesn’t have lock-on… it’s not because we say she needs aim (I think everyone agrees that she needs less aim than other heroes), it’s because it is a big misconception and some people may want to help others unsterstand it, so they don’t mix it up with other mechanics.

Because that’s how beam’s work due to latency and stuff. It’s more obvious now due to the beam fix:

But OP’s argument is also semantics.

Lock-on or not, Moira is nonsense and needs to be fixed.

Also… yikes y’all are really triggered by calling it a lock-on. Like overly defensive about it. It’s obvious that’s because you know how stupidly broken her succ is.