Moira lock tracking is still on

I played a game recently. After watching the Moira POTG I am convinced that the secondary fire (purple beam) is still a lock on ability. I tried it in the practice range. I can hold right click down and switch targets on the fly with out missing a beat. I remember the purple beam having the same wavy effects but behaved in a straight line like Sym’s beam. Did they revert Moira? Did I catch a cheater? I have a video…

I don’t mind the lock on, but don’t tell me it isn’t. I suggested that the hit box for each hero should be customized with there own “heart zone” where Moira must focus on before the lock on happens.

5 Likes

It’s a lock on beam of death. She is just horrible. Rework her into more of a healer.

4 Likes

The lock-on is just visual.
It’s actually a beam with a large hitbox.

138 Likes

Its a beam weapon with a hitbox so large it feels like lock. Its not actually a lock and you’re about to have a thread full of Moira mains arguing semantics.

23 Likes

Technically it’s a fat Zarya beam with fancy animations.

A lock on is when it stays connected even if someone else is between you / closer to your crosshair.

32 Likes

I thought the same… until I tried it myself on the practice range. Hold down right click indefinitely and all you have to do is move the mouse. You can play Moira with a broken right click that stays on all the time…

Again, that’s just visual effects.

The beam is in reality just so big that you don’t require pin point accuracy aim, but it’s not an auto-aim beam.

41 Likes

Intense Breathing There is no lockon and there has never been a lockon, it is just the animation as we have said countless times

37 Likes

Your intense breathing may be the anticipation of another Moira nerf coming. Star Wars Palpatine meme

“It’s unavoidable , you, like your father, are now nerfed”

Honestly, who cares.

1 Like

Everyone arguing that ‘iTs jUsT viSuaL’ is pathetic.

You can describe every single ability that locks on as ‘a large hitbox with a lock on visual’, whether that be Mercy beam or Symmetra 1.0.

The fact of the matter is that when the hitbox is large enough to remove almost all aim requirement for a character, it doesn’t matter what terminology you use, since it’s functionally the same as a lock-on at that point.

18 Likes

Erm, she already is a pure healer

If it was a lock-on, you’d stay locked onto the enemy even if another one jumped between you and the target, like with Sym 1.0.

It’s not the case.

39 Likes

OMG!!! Look!!! The beam stays locked on to them even as I move it around the targets hitbox!!!

Ugh this has been stated numerous times, it’s a visual effect on a beam with a generous hitbox itself.

7 Likes

For good reason. If people are going to hate on a hero, they should AT LEAST understand the hero they are hating on.

Otherwise why should ANYONE listen to them? They can’t even learn the basics.

Not at all. They act EXTREMELY differently.

If you can’t even get the basics right? Why should ANYONE listen to you?

35 Likes

And accurate

No you cannot, Mercy’s heal is a lock and has very different characteristics than beam weapons.

It does matter, if they just “fixed the lock on” they would accomplish nothing. If they reduced the size of the hitbox they would cause furious anger for all the Moira main’s. Details matter very much when describing a problem and a fix.

I’ve never claimed any part of Moira’s kit required much of an aim component. All of her kit either has large hitboxes or is AoE.

8 Likes

No you can’t because with Moira’s primary if someone passes by your weapon will stop damaging your target and begin to damage the person who just stepped in front. And if you move your recticle too far or the enemy moves outside of it your beam’s hitbox will break. If her weapon were lock on as Mercy’s beam is or Symmetra’s weapon was neither of these things would happen. It would remain locked on. You have to track your target or your beam will break. There is a reason she has an accuracy stat for it.

The reason people say it’s just the visual is because it is. The animation “locks” in to the center of the target however will not remain locked because in reality it is a very big beam that must remain within the hitbox. People who call it lock on don’t know what a lock on is or have never played Moira.

There is a good video that has been posted in many topics about this same thing before busting the myth that her weapon is lock on. I don’t have the ability to post it here but it’s not hard to find.

10 Likes

all dps reduced to teeny tiny critshots or death…

all healers and tanks get more damage and well now i just see reins with sens binds who swing and do full 360’s … nice skill.

It. Has. Never. Been. Lock. On. The only thing why people think it is lockon is because the animation of the beam, try going to practice range, attacking a bot, and moving your attack to the right, it will break, and guess what lockons do ? THEY DO NOT BREAK.

But with the recent Beam change they are much more lenient.¨

But also other beam characters lockon are much more lenient on aim now.

6 Likes

Not lock on. Wider hitbox. Similar to Ana when healing. It is compensated with super low damage.

1 Like