Mercy, nearly 2 weeks now

The devs have achieved something that no one had ever achieved, that I stopped playing with Mercy and started playing with Kiriko, that’s how it took since day 7, I only play Kiriko.

This is why I think people are dramatic when they call Mercy’s healing change some huge buff. Like now she just does the hps of every other main support but only when people are below half… People act like she makes team mates literally unkillable. To me, it seems like my team mates don’t have any additional survivability outside of healing a tank. If I try to use it as a defensive ult, it can still fail most of the time. Valk still cannot save your team like transcendence or sound barrier can.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense. Currently Mercy makes Widowmaker inflict 390 damage on a fully-charged headshot. Are you suggesting that total should be lowered to 199 when Widowmaker alone could do 300?

And what happens if Discord is thrown into the mix?

1 Like

I know it’s clunky, but people are complaining about Mercy-buffed one-shots so that’s the only solution I found.

Essentially, if the shot would kill the target without Mercy’s damage buff, then it still kills. Discord would remain untouched for now since Zen himself needs it.

But honestly I’m not sure if this change can be implemented in a way that feels smooth.

I’d rather they just nerfed Sojourn and left damage boost/discord alone.

6 Likes

She wasn’t gutted, no need to overreact. If anything she’s more powerful.

4 Likes

Solved 0 issues with the hero and made her feel worse. Horrible change, should absolutely be reverted

4 Likes

Agree. Two weeks and I’m not getting use to, I just almost stop playing her.

Latest nerf is so illogical and completely destroyed iconic “feels” of the character that was created for years.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure this phenomenon is almost entirely caused by the beam being highly visible. Ana doesn’t get the same complaints pretty much purely because it’s less noticeable to enemies when she’s actually much stronger at it. Kiriko does get similar complaints but mainly for her Ofuda because that is also highly visible, she heals at 78hp/s but has to go all-healing to be worthwhile because the travel time of her healing is pretty dangerous for rescuing low health people.

4 Likes

I really hate how the adjustments to Mercy’s healing output are a nerf in most scenarios on paper. In practice, it’s rare that the healing increase actually matters, mostly just if a tank is being pelted at just the right damage to stay below half despite the extra healing.

To really make her into a triage healer, Mercy would be better off having her old healing output and gaining a per target burst heal cooldown that can only trigger if the target is below half.

Nerfing her mobility significantly while trying to push triage healing made absolutely no sense; she needs to be able to bounce around to do this job consistently.

And despite the on-paper theoretical benefits her Ult has now, it just doesn’t feel very good or much more helpful most of the time. It’s much harder to get any value (or survivability) out of it unless the team is bunched up and fairly injured. I think the ult needs significant changes still to make it more broadly useful/impactful. It wasn’t great before the changes, and it’s still not usually that good.

I’d appreciate another 5 damage per bullet on her pistol, but that’s beside the point that basically all the changes they made to Mercy sucked.

2 Likes

Mercy is better now even with GA nerf. You just gotta be smart on your GA dash to people. That healing boost is super awesome.

Translates to: Stand around doing nothing more often.

3 Likes

I made a thread with suggestions, I just hope they revert the change as a whole, but it not…

no.
She “could” survive bob if ur teams all critical, but the moment they are healed up? she dies.

and S76 she can NOT outheal even if ur entire team is critical (as again her self heal dies when they past that sub 50%)

2 Likes

as far as I am concerned, she was gutted by this latest set of changes

I dont see this as an overreaction, rather, an honest appraisal of the changes that were made

Not a fan of the GA changes.

I tended to be a triage healing Mercy, and not a boost bot Mercy. My average healing is down a little, I believe due to the fact that I just can’t get to people like I could pre-GA-nerf. The near death saves are fun though, but everything over 50% is just bad.

The heal-you-heal-me passive is 50/50. If someone is attacking you, you can’t attack back, or you lose the healing; and that healing might not even be there when you need it if your target doesn’t need healing, or needs very little.

The loss of self-heal in Valk is a nerf.

The absence of any reliable self healing if you get caught out 1v1 is a nerf.

Her abysmal DPS output is embarrassing. If you tried to match say Moira, Ana, Zen, etc., in dps, then your healing is in the dumpster, because you can only do one thing at a time as Mercy. And if you stick to healing, then your dps contribution is back to trash. Where all the other supports can do both at the same time, and more often than not, match their dps and hps numbers. I may beat their hps in a match, but their collective numbers (dps+hps) are generally stronger than Mercy’s.

All that said, I still find her playable, though as more of a pocket-bot than a triage healer IMHO.

1 Like

I don’t know why they are not testing anymore… are they afraid of the results??? I feel like the GA change was really a “we need to nerf something fast” and not calculated at all… they have the experimental card right there… why don’t they test things? how do they hear the community when there is no way to reach them?

This devteam would do the public testing, receive negative feedback, and then still push the changes out to the actual game.

yeah idk it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. Her movement maybe needed changes but not like this. and then they buffed her ability to just pocket people a lot lmao

This nerf was uncalled for. If your dev team does not play mercy at a decent skill level then maybe they shouldnt be making changes. Watch this video Season 3 MERCY REWORK + NEW PASSIVE | Overwatch 2 - YouTube.
Also in being able to send this complaint i want to complain a bout this forums page capcha. It is obviously designed to piss off your player base.

1 Like