šŸµ "Mercy mains should stop complaining" is something I read a lot

Or when LITERALLY EVERYONE told Mercy mains to play a different hero. ā€œJust play Ana Mercy is a throw pickā€ LAWL. Same goes for right now. Good thing we came full circle except Mercy canā€™t do half as much as she used to be able to do.

2 Likes

Mercy was a throw pick?

Pre-rework buddy. Ever play in Season 3-4?

I think Iā€™ve seen more threads like this than threads about the complaining of Mercy mains

Pretty sure she wasnā€™t considered a throw pick.

I could go on.

why was i brought up.

Yes. Yes. She was. There is literal proof on the internet of Mercy Mains harassed for picking Mass Rez Mercy. You are blinded by a false reality. I could post in the forums in general about players being harassed and what heroes they play and guaranteed Mercy will pop up the most.

2 Likes

eh tbh im fairly certain brigitte players get equal or more than mercy at this stage. But i agree, mercy gets a ton of harassment

also, why was i brought up

You dont read it a lot mate, i wish it was being said way more, just to show how annoying is a whole community repeating the same thing over and over again with no actual real evidence or numbers to back it out.

Its not an attempt to silence anyone, its just that many of us are tired of hearing the same thing over and over and over again, about a situation that is being over-exaggerated and also happens to many more heroes.

1 Like

Mercy wonā€™t receive harassment because of what state she is in right now. Before her rework Mercy players including myself were harassed on a daily basis.

Someone said threads telling Mercy players to be quiet were uncommon. Oneā€™s about them are more common than those telling Mercy Mains to be quiet.

i dont want the mercy mains to be quieted, but i do feel its necessary at this stage, ive said in other threads why they also cant just communicate. The mercy and anti mercy threads are making other more important threads get ignored.

And yes, she was, and tbh it really isnt that surprising, im not saying anyone who hrassed them shouldve, but a character that easy and rewarding and back then you got rank up really easy with her due to some sort of broken mechanic, id say the hate was understandable.

this i agree with whole heartedly

If they want their threads to be noticed they need to be actively engaged on their threads and discussing.

this is not the fault of the mercy mains or the antiā€™s.

Go make the threads you want to make.

its not our fault if they fail.

the harassment was never understandable.

its uncalled for.

Any hate shouldnā€™t be understandable at all. That makes 0 sense. Nobody should be hated for playing a hero in the game especially being told that ā€œIā€™m Boostedā€ ā€œPlaying for SR gainsā€ ā€œGo kill yourself, boosted Mercy 1 trickā€. Overwatch is one of the most toxic communities for hating on players that play a certain hero. Itā€™s actually insane.

If you look at the posts people that havenā€™t even joined the forums before are posting about Mercy and all of a sudden a flock of Anti-Mercy forumers swarm and attack them. It goes both ways.

3 Likes

it was understandable for the reasons i stated, does that excuse the awful stuff said? of course not, and i dont condone harassment, i just see their point of view, doesnt mean its correct.

ā€œjust go make the threads you want to makeā€ if mercy/anti mercy threads are in such quantity that almost every other thread fails theres an issue.

I could make another mercy thread and easily get 200 replies at best in under 12h, but i make any other thread and i wouldnt get above 100-200 in a day

i do not condone what has been said, and i do not condone the hate, i just understand where people are coming from. Thats the difference

yes, yes it does.

Mercy was a troll-pick in season 3, and I still had fun during that period.

6 Likes

You blatantly just said you understand why Mercy players were hated on. That actually makes me so mad. One night I was playing in GM (and I remember this VERY clearly) I picked Mercy got harassed the entire game even when though I was playing at a peak performance harassed the whole time and was actually praised by the enemy team for playing really well and also got POTG. I was so disheartened that I stopped playing Overwatch for a month because of it. Nobody thinks it effects people. But it does.

1 Like

Imagine being this self absorbed and entitled, yikes.

You canā€™t blame Mercy mains, itā€™s not like they play any other characters to know that whatā€™s happening to them isnā€™t anything new to the rest of the cast. We should totally #revertD.va to season 2, I miss my 400 armour and 4 second Defense Matrix.

Yea i understand it, does that mean i wouldnt have defended you or not done anything? ofc not, i dislike mercy and always have, but i would defend any player being harassed in the game, i hate the character, not the players playing them. I understand the hate of mercy. I am not okay with the players themselves being harassed, i understand why those players themselves do it but that does not make it okay in my eyes, id still report them and defend yaā€™ll mercy mains.

And i know how much words can hurt, i probably know more than 90% of this forums population.

there really should be a /s in there