Take control of the forums please. Mercy threads are getting out of hand

Starting this off rn. I am not doing putting this because i want to silence them, i just feel like there isnt any other choice. Blizzard needs to blacklist the word mercy in this subsection of the forums(aka you cant post something if it has mercy in it), and make it so anyone trying to sneak through the blacklist gets punished on the forums(like using the word angel, etc).

Look at the forums rn. The general discussion forums is 90% mercy threads, with over 20-100 being made per day. I know the mercys are upset about mercy not being fun anymore, but this is getting severely out of hand.

These mercy threads are basically making other more important threads become ignored. There are 2 bastion megas, 3 reinhardt megas, 1 roadhog mega, several other threads that you readers reading this probably dont even know about.

The mercy threads are getting out of hand, im sorry but i think its time they took control of this subsection.

this post in this thread also would be nice if they dont wanna go my route

28 Likes

Almost as out of control as the mountain of threads made just to complain about the Mercy threads.

44 Likes

Yes, and stopping the mercy spam threads would stop the anti mercy spam spam threads. Win win.

The forums has become a cess pool of mercy threads and anti mercy threads. Other things get ignored

14 Likes

Oh hey it’s this guy. Hi

If they’re going to “take control” of the forums, there are far more dire problems happening behind the scenes than what’s going on in the front page lol

2 Likes

i agree theres more dire problems, but you cant deny this mercy stuff is getting out of hands on the forums. this is madness(queue the ‘this is sparta’ joke).

Seriously i wouldnt want this if i didnt think it was necessary at this point.

hello there

2 Likes

Maybe when Blizz learns to communicate about character balancing more.

26 Likes

thats a case of ‘be damned if you do, damned if you dont’ scenario. Thats the mercy scenario in a nutshell

1 Like

I mean, this would probably all be solved if Blizzard would;

1.) stop ignoring us
2.) add a personal blacklist option on the forums

11 Likes

i like this, may i put this on my thread post?

sure? xD

The first Mercy related post on the list was 20th when I just checked. And on first 50 posts there is not THAT many, so its hardly 90% of the topics. There was this time some weeks ago, when Mercy posts were flooding the forum, but Im seeing less and less of them like every day.

3 Likes

Not to accuse you cuz idk your posting history: But if you only started to care about Blizzard communicating about character balancing recently (AKA: Because of Mercy), then you’re just being 100% self-centered.

1 Like

The Mercy threads? What about the Brig threads? I can’t go online without running into some 20 threads all saying pretty much the exact same thing about Brigitte most days.

9 Likes

the brig threads are nowhere as frequent, and a lot easier shut down. There is nowhere close to as many anti brig players as there are mercy players/mains.

I get annoyed by them but they are nowhere near as bad as the mercy threads

i overexaggerated to basically show my point as much as possible.

People will just make their threads with contextual reference to “M3rcy” or “M”.

A personal blacklist would be neat.

4 Likes

hence why i put the ‘bypassing the blacklist gets you punished’

Just make the devs stop ignoring the Feedback, do something and maybe then, just maybe the threads will stop being posted.

BTW this post will get deleted. This literally says “Oh you people, stop posting about mercy” which goes against the CoC. Thanks ~~

11 Likes

Hi there Big Brother :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no its a ‘blizzard can you please do something about the mercy spam in the forums that are making other threads not seen almost at all’. But the mods will decide on that i guess