"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

I’m sorry, where did I state that Must picked heroes = / = Having impact? I have said no such thing. I stated that whether or not Mercy is a “must pick” in pro play, is irrelevant. Because there will be people who will still find her unfun to play with, and thus, will complain about it. People had issues with her when she was a must pick, and were asking for a revert even back then. With pride, I was one of those people. The point is, no one asked for the rework that made her OP, and the fact remains that Mercy still could have been given tweaks to balance her out, rather than changed completely with regards to her ultimate, and it’s completely valid to feel that way even to this day - whether #MercyIsFine agrees to that or not.

And once again, your projections are false. Frankly, I want mercy to be fun, engaging, rewarding, and impactful. I want Mercy to have agency, and have a hero moment like the rest of the supports. I think that’s a completely valid opinion to have. I don’t care about “easy win buttons”. I enjoyed her before she was a must pick and when she was niche / a D-tier hero at best. I believe that Mercy could have been given more tweaks before the rework, rather than given invincibility and then a completely different ultimate. I believe that the rework has been a failure in that regard, in which it’s caused what seems to be more problems than it initially tried to solve, and theoretically making Mercy a shell of her former self and little more than a glorified spectator mode - in my opinion. I believe that resurrect on E was a huge mistake, and is one of the biggest offenders of her current kit. So, while you are free to think whatever you want about people who want reworks or reverts, sorry, but we’re going to have to agree there.

Regardless, I can’t wait to see what they plan on doing to improve her in the future! I believe she is very much due for some changes. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

You can be as “bold and passionate” as you want to be, it doesn’t make you less rude. Nothing dodo has said has been falsehoods, slander, or anything else. I am my own person and came to the same conclusions myself after having multiple interactions with you over the last few months.

Maybe If individual people can come to the same conclusion it’s time for some self reflection if you don’t want to be considered rude and hostile.

3 Likes

You are entitled to your own opinions. I completely and politely disagree with them. I believe I was more than rational in my views, and more than polite and respectful, regarding the context and the slander. At the end of the day, your “perception” on the hostility of others is not a concern of mine in regards to this thread. So… We’re going to have to agree to disagree there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts though! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Ugh. I wish people could get banned from using emojis.

Edit: for the love of God, Revert, stop editing a response after someone had already replied to it. Your first one to me was edited 5 times alone. Just take the extra time to say what you mean the first time.

At some point it just looks like you’re trying to twist what someone said in response to something you didn’t say in the first place.

3 Likes

There is nothing “magical” about the definition - it is simple, clear, and concise; and delineates one group of people from another with no grey area

No such thing is implied by the definition

Since I do not want any changes for Mercy, and wrote up that proposal only as a possible compromise position between the two sides, the existence of the proposal does not make me a member of the anti-Mercy faction.

1 Like

When one calls out the perceived hostility in others, and then turning around and being hostile themselves with making the above remark, after an agreement to disagree, I believe it’s fair to say that that is being a bit contradictory to the initial perception, no? :blush:

I politely decline. I will edit and quote as I wish, and when I wish. And I have every right to do so. You do not dictate how one should make and edit their posts, but I appreciate the suggestion. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

You intentionally use emojis after saying hostile things just to add a dash of passive aggressive bull afterwards. It gets annoying and if you’re allowed to talk to people the way you do, I’m allowed to be irritated with how you do it.

4 Likes

Your perception on emoji usage is noted, but I must disagree.

I use them however I see fit, and prefer to use them. I see no problem in making a post with a smiley face, and there is no hostility behind the words typed previously to it.

And indeed, you are free to be irritated, and I am free to continue using them. If you are annoyed by posts with emojis, perhaps you should ignore them. Ultimately I have no plans on stopping how I post… And I like including them in my messages. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Mass resurrect isn’t coming back

Bye

5 Likes

No crapola, you’ve been at it for forever, why would you stop now.

Edit: oh how I love counting your edits.

1 Like

But that’s not the entire reason

It wasnt

Untrue

Please, if you’re going to complain, at least get it right.

3 Likes

Factually, I haven’t existed forever, nor have I existed to make said posts forever. As such, that statement is objectively, untrue. :blush:

Great! I’m glad. :smiley:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Hi aria

You have been always in plat so I’m curious about how you know that mass ress wasn’t op ? And how only a small group of mercy players hide ?

Enlighten us

3 Likes

Even bought a second account when the other got banned lol.

How unpleased can you be when you still support the game with your wallet…

4 Likes

lol :rofl: That’s pretty funny

1 Like

I have existed on the forums long before Aria. I have no idea the point of your reference, or the associated rank shaming accompanying it. But, If you have questions about why I believe Mass Rez isn’t OP, and to educate yourself on the perceptions of Mercy mains, and the common misconceptions of both, I suggest looking at my previous threads. :blush:

Well said. Thank you. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

That is a huge part of being a support and one of her biggest strengths.

Ana is better in tank comps. Mercy is better in DPS comps. She isn’t well suited to this meta and if you buff her you run into other problems again.

She can bring someone back to life. I’d say that influences the flow of the game

3 Likes

You are of course entitled to hold this opinion, but there is no valid data that I am aware of that backs up a claim that either side (shes fun, shes not fun) is a majority

There are also many players who are happy to have a Mercy on their team.

Balance is a judgement, a valuation, and its certainly possible if we asked 100 OW players about Mercy’s balance, we’d get 100 different answers

I personally think she is the closest to balanced in her current state than she ever has been before

I dont think he healing is weak, in fact I find it rather strong

I almost always have gold healing as Mercy in a team that includes another healer - any of the healers

Personally, I like the power and versatility of Valkyrie - how it can be used both offensively and defensively even in the same single instance of use

In my opinion, she is and always has been a main healer - but to your point, have you taken a look at #BigMainLittleChains?

Our experience differs

In my experience, she has direct impact in every game I play

I see the opposite

On paper, some of the other supports (Ana and Moira, especially) have higher rates of healing, but their real in-match healing doesnt correspend to that because of the limitations applied - ie needing to hit, to reload, to refill resource, line of sight interrupted, etc etc as applicable. Mercy faces far fewer limitations and as such her rate of healing applies more often, resulting in a far more equality in actual in-match healing with the other “high potential” healers

A Mercy can heal tanks.

It takes a while, but this is true for the other main healers as well, especially if more of their limitatons (like Ana missing her shots) come into play

In any case, her healing means considerably more than “nothing” even on tanks with the very highest number of HPs to be healed

Goats contributes some. There are other deathball-like team compositions where Mercy doesnt work well either. I think three other factors are contributing heavily

1. a lack of understanding of actual versus potential healing,leading players to select higher potential over lower potential

2. general stigma towards Mercy. This has happened with Torb, Symm, Bastion, and some other characters as well. Uneducated players decide character x is bad, and they say so enough on comm lines that others decide it must be true, and they tell two friends, and they tell two friends, and so on and so on. Perception becomes reality, for some folks. Stigma becomes negativity and harassment, and people dont want this when they play

3. People are being told on the other hand that certain other healers are great, lik Ana. This has the same effect as the above, albeit in the opposite fashion, encouraging players to pick Ana even though they might be better off due to poor aim with playing mercy instead

This is not the reason that the devs spoke of in the video accompanying the release of the change that (thankfully) removed mass rez from the game

I (and many others) consider her to be fine in her current state, which is in large part due to the many changes she has undergone over the past year or so

2 Likes

For me, its my poor aim…but I also I like the mobility and rez power Mercy provides

I and many others are glad to hear you have found a way to finally move on from Mercy

No need to blush, we’re just happy for you