"Mercy is fine fun is subjective play someone else"

I mean, you’re free to ignore or mute them, but Mega has always talked like that. If you don’t like it, feel free to pretend they don’t exist.

Honestly, revertmercy has a tendency to be rude, has been since the rework hit, and has been rude to mega in multiple other threads about mercy. They think adding a smiley face makes them less hostile.

I’m not surprised mega is finally being the most minor of hostile back.

2 Likes

You mocking my facts and logics, sir?

A wise bloggerman once said:

Single (instant) rez as ult and a toned down Valk or new ability on E.

Yes, in a way it does, which is why I’m not against an idea of a different rez. And my point is not that rez itself was unfun but the behavior it led to was unfun.

Only at the instant of rez would you need LoS, meaning a Mercy could hide in a corner or even spawn until she is needed and fly in and rez a wipe on point, exactly how many did with the old ult.

That assumption is incorrect, I’m afraid.

I have no qualms against those who choose to be mutual about their opinions rather than attack those they disagree with. I’m no saint, and never claimed to be, but if I’m percieved as “rude” towards someone, there’s usually a good reason for it. Since the rework I’ve changed my username, and when I did certain individuals (including but not limited to the one named after an extinct bird) have made falsehoods about both my intentions, username, mass flagged threads I’ve made, personally attacked what I stand for, and signature, for years. I’ve called out their slander multiple times as well, among others.

That isn’t “being hostile or rude”, that’s called dispelling misinformation and negative rumors, of which I have every right to do when one makes an incorrect assumption about myself and troll / harass / witch-hunt others that disagree with their views - and I have every right not to be “buddy buddy” with such individuals as well. I’m a bold and passionate Mercy main and I’m proud of it. If someone makes generalizations about me or what I believe in, take the things I say out of context, and spread negative rumors / propaganda about me, I am entitled to speak up and challenge that misconception. As anyone would. Especially if they are spreading lies about someone’s intentions and can’t prove it.

I post emojis as I wish and when I wish. It has nothing to do with “being less hostile”, and is a matter of preference. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

I genuinely think the majority of the community does not find her fun. People not on a Mercy post will say she’s not fun to play and don’t want her on their team. I disagree that Mercy is balanced. I say this because she’s just under powered compared to the other supports. If she’s going to have weak heals, they should give her a defensive ult. If she’s going to have a main healer kit, she needs more healing. She also has no direct impact causing her to just be weak on ladder. While some will say her heals are on par with the other supports, on paper they are, in game they aren’t. Mercy has consistent healing and she’s going to have a decent amount of heals through out the match but that means nothing if she can no sustain her tanks. Also, the arguments that the reason her pick rate is low is because of goats is actually stupid. 95% of the player base plays 2-2-2 and don’t play goats. While I agree that not the whole reason for the rework was solely because it was unfun to play against, they still used it as a reason to change her. They actually said they changed her to make her more engaging for the player themselves, but that’s not the case anymore after making her OP and then drowning everything in her kit. “Fun” something people claim is subjective and shouldn’t be taken as any reason to change was one of the reasons. While I think fun should be integrated in the game, the most fun should be with the person playing that hero. I also think there will always be things unfun to play against. Hack, stun, sleep, tire, dva bomb, aimbot ults, one shot, etc. None of those are fun to play against but like oh well its part of the game. I do think they could have tweaked mass rez to have more counterplay, but they just kinda gave up on it leaving us with this mess today.

Edit: Just to add in I do not consider a hero “fine” when she gets changed almost every patch.

3 Likes

Nobody would want mass ress back if mercy still had anything impactful in her kit that could change the flow of the game. Individually her doing something that helps her team win.

Why play mercy when you can play ana and with as little as 20 hours in, you can do things like boost rein for teamwipes, nade 5 people for instant point cap and instantly get on fire and sleep enemy genjis to deny their nanoblades. Why can I press Q to win as Ana when I barely have 20 hours on her, but 90 hours in as Mercy nothing seems to help and press Q is more like delay the inevitable teamwipe. People say ultimates are too impactful in this game, Mercy’s ultimate certainly doesn’t swing teamfights unlike every other support ulti.

Current valkyrie, current resurrection, current damageboost and especially her current healing aren’t impactful enough, you just get to sightsee how your teammates die despite having beam locked on them 24/7 whereas with any other healer, you could either help them kill the enemy or more certainly save them with better healing. I’m playing mercy less and less because no matter what I do, I do not have impact in the game, unless I literally go battlemercy and kill the enemies myself. But with ana I push few buttons and my team stays alive and enemies die. I’m not even a good ana. I honestly feel like 80% of the games I play as mercy I’m throwing because she’s so lackluster. New hero baptiste makes resurrection utter trash too.

Changing mercy’s valkyrie to have more focused impact, such as healing wise and beefing up her healing from the pathetic 50hps on single target would go a long way to make her more impactful hero.

Not… changing damageboost so you have to be a literal psychic and making her able to get booped out of resurrection in valk. That’s not how you make a character a better pick or better to play as.

I honestly like playing Mercy. But I don’t like how I feel I’m so utterly useless when I play her and should just go play Ana even when I have 2 snipers and dive characters in my team…

There was nothing wrong with her having 60hps. I’d like to have the feeling of being somewhat reliable healer back and not just someone who delays the inevitable. Ana does more combined hps than mercy and zen and now playing mercy-zen instead of ana-zen feels like throwing since tanks she combines best with need Ana’s healing, nor mercys.

1 Like

Excellent points. I agree completely with everything both of you said. I think Mercy can use some improvements. And I don’t see much value in choosing her currently compared to other healers, if the intention is to win a game (outside of maybe preference, or double sniper / pharmercy comps, I suppose). Still, with the introduction of Baptiste, It seems that there is just so much more value in picking a different healer. I think it’s fair to say that while some think she’s fine, it’s a valid consideration to at least see how she can be made to be more fun and the complaints many people have regarding her ultimate and Rez on E. Even the devs have gone on record into looking into more ways in making parts of her kit “feel better” at this point. Hopefully we get to see these changes in a future patch. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I’d like a world where I can’t just boost a random target with a nano and win the fight easily with how oppressive and hard to kill the nanoboosted target becomes and how much of an insane clutch save it is with zero actual counters besides another ana sleep dart, compared to trying to combine genji blade and mercy valkyrie and watching how enemy junkrat just blows up the genji in 2 hits with my healing beam on him and having to go back, valkyrie wasted. Somethign that would have not happened with nanoblade, genji could’ve tanked junkrat easily and just smashed and wiped him off the planet.

Baptiste, his ultimate and his immortality field is just going to make mercy completely redundant. 60hps and 30%dmg boost holds no candle to baptiste’s 100% boosts on both spectrums and safer saving of a teammate is far better than risking yourself for a ress, every time.

The more I play ana, the more dissatisfied I become with mercy’s lack of an impactful kit. It should not be this way, mercy should have her place in this game too with her own strenghts. But it seems like she has no strenghts that are not vastly overshadowed by everyone else, thus she’s not played over ana even in silver.

2 Likes

Why are Mercy mains still talking about Mass Res when Mercy was nerfed to normalcy because 2017 Valkyrie was the worst thing this game has ever seen? And no, that doesn’t mean mass res should come back, because it has no place in the game either.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, are Mercy mains not allowed to talk about Mass Rez or their dissatisfaction with how she’s been changed? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

How? Her “neutral” game, or game outside of her ultimate hasn’t changed since launch. If anything it has gotten more fun and more rewarding. You can super jump ( LITERALLY THE ONLY MOVEMENT ANIMATION CANCEL THE DEV TEAM ALLOWS), GA has had it’s CD lowered, and she has had numerous quality of life changes and buffs.

When I see threads like this what it really translates to is " I can no longer dictate the entire game as my Waifu."

Mercy is fine. The meta doesn’t suit her. Stop trying to make her more powerful than she should be.

4 Likes

I respect your opinion, but I humbly disagree. I don’t believe #MercyIsFine. And just as you may find no problems with her and are entitled to your opinion, other people are completely entitled to disagree, and not be happy with her current state. A hero can be statistically balanced, and still be unfun to play with, and lack impact. I believe that this is further backed with the fact that even the devs are considering making parts of her kit feel better to play at this point. If they thought she didn’t need any changes, such considerations wouldn’t be made.

I believe there are many ways to make her balanced with either a rework, minor buffs, tweaks, or a revert, without making her “OP”. People are completely entitled to that opinion as well, regardless of whether one agrees with it or not. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Superjumping may save yourself, but it doesn’t stop the enemy team just rolling your team and wiping them because your heal is only 50hps compared to ana’s 93hps.

Meanwhile ana sips tea and presses E once and the entire enemy team is anti-healed and they die as a result.

Mercy doesn’t need to dictate the game flow. But she is vastly unequal with the rest of the cast if she has zero agency of her own to directly influence the flow of the game. And not just hope that your teammate knows that they need to back off from line of fire lest they die, or hoping they hit their shots or hoping they know how to die in a safe position or hoping they still don’t take too much damage while you ulti around.

She is less impactful than Ana in frikken silver. Before rework mercy used to be the go to pick healer in platinum. She has no impact, so there is no reason to play her. She should have some impact in the game.

3 Likes

I can’t wait til Mercy is the goto main healer pick in pro play after GOATS is dead and you guys have no excuses about her alleged lack of impact. It’ll be just like the bad Sombra players who ate crow after the World Cup and stage 1 of OWL.

3 Likes

Mercy has been used in pro play during Dive Meta after her 12+ sledgehammer nerfs, and even before then with the Moth meta. People have still had issues with her rework. I believe this is because what “the pros play” is vastly different from what the general public sees as enjoyable regarding a hero.

Mercy being a must-pick = / = “Those guys” are happy with Mercy’s current state. A lot of “us guys”, aren’t concerned with how much she’s used in OWL, and just want her to be fun, rewarding, engaging, and impacful to play. Namely for me, I’d like for her to have her own hero moment again and the change to make big plays… Like every other support in the roster. I fully intend on continuing to ask for those changes, and I’m excited to see what the devs come up with for her in the future. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

You do realize your entire statement is a contradiction, right? If Mercy is a must pick, then she definitely has an impact. This isn’t even debatable.

Again, what has been said thousands of times on this site in the last year, is that Mercy’s fundamental playstyle hasn’t changed since Mass Rez. You just want an easy win button that erases all of your team’s mistakes and we’re not having it.

4 Likes

Depends on type of meta it goes into. No DPS heroes are really strong currently so a pocket meta is out of the question. Dive perhaps she could get in on but the next meta is likely gonna be Ana deathball again or something involving Baptiste since he’s pretty darn good.

3 Likes

Are you not watching OWL? Triple to Quad DPS with Hammond and Mercy is the goto psuedo GOATS counter at the moment. It’ll be even stronger when the next patch goes through. Hard GOATS nerfs with a big Hammond buff almost guarantees it’ll be the standard pro play meta.

As a person who is neutral in the argument but also a Mercy main, I have seen both parties numerous times use rude language or terms with each other. I’ve also seen both parties use falacies in their arguments and I’ve also seen both parties blatantly attempt to discredit each other just by saying certain statements with silly implications.

It honestly seems kind of sad how this forum is so touchy feely, meaning if you say one wrong thing your post can get deleted. I think that sort of thing is what promotes each user to use this type of wording, you know? Like neither imo has said anything toxic until one addresses the underlying tones in the argument.

1 Like