Mercy is by far the weakest support

r/iamverysmart
which is not a good thing

1 Like

He doesn’t survive longer, even if he spends his cooldowns on hinself he just gets farmed by flankers without mobility and he can’t consistently heal the same DPS characters like Pharah and Genji.

Mercy is in the top end of the supports, Lucio, Brigitte and Moira are on the bottom end.

The fact that you said that already proves you don’t know how to use Valk
If you’re using valk during a fight thats lost anyway you’re using valk incorrectly.

Niandra, also calls herself out for doing this often. @ 4:19

“I call out scary ultimates
I know they’re about to use, then it gets wasted
because i used my ultimate against things it wasnt
designed to counter

What? no if the fight is lost you don’t heal them, thats feeding the enemy ult charge?? You damage boost them because they will be running back to spawn to regroup whilst shooting at the enemy to atleast get picks, you shouldn’t “heal them to buy some seconds of life” the fight is lost and healing them will stagger them even more and therefore prolong the time it takes to regroup

2 Likes

I am not playing in tiers with teamwork or anything resembling it. And no one ever runs back to spawn - players leave combat only when they get killed.

I just activate Valkyrie at the beginning of the fight and hope for the best.

It’s an inititian ultimate like Coalesence and Rally, you’re using it wrong if you are trying to turn around fights with it.

1 Like

That’s all I got to turn fights around. Or, at least, to escape myself, when it’s obvious that things aren’t going well.

Best results were reached, when second support used their Transcendence to keep boosted players alive.

1 Like

The individual in question has stated previously that they reserve Valkyrie for personal escape from lost fights, rather than to support their team even when said support may have resulted in a won fight

3 Likes

Disappointed but not surprised.

2 Likes

I tend to agree that Mercy is the worst support, but you’re cherry picking to make it seem more dire than it is.

• Immortality is not rez, Immortality forces your team to group up and move more predictably, and it saves them from damage by keeping them at low health (once Immortality is broken or expires they still die if you don’t hard pocket them).
  • Damage boost appears in several kits, I wouldn’t compare it to Baptiste’s ultimate especially when you neglect to mention Mercy’s ult in your list
  • Regen burst is on a very long CD and is a waste if you use it to save yourself, you need to have your other support heal you if you’re low
  • Guardian angel makes Mercy much more slippery than Baptiste. If Baptiste crouches you know he’s about to move in a very predictable direction (up). Mercy can zip around and be impossible to pin down.

You made it sound like Baptiste is just a better Mercy but they’re so fundamentally different. Mercy needs something, but she doesn’t need to be more Baptiste-like or more Moira-like or Ana-like.

She just needs to be a better version of Mercy. She needs something unique. Ana has nade/sleep, Lucio has speed, Brig has armor packs, Zen has discord, Mercy nor Moira really have a unique utility they bring to the table. Mercy’s damage boost appears in several kits, all supports heal, she has rez but it’s only usable every 30 seconds and makes you a massively visible, slow moving target. She needs to bring some kind of utility that isn’t rez

1 Like

mass rez allowed fights to turn around, but thats not good. that’s the point.

allowing for a possibility that didn’t work out 99% of the time.

Valk is more in line with every other ult, which means SECURING fights, or staying within the fight.

Every other ult does THAT. And that’s what valk is is more catered to.

being lazy and more safe is still better than attempting to grant a second wind to a fight you already know is against your favor.

its why valk does better than mass rez. You can have a preference, but shes statistically more stable with valk.

is more stable actually stable? no idea. no data. But it’s still better than before.

2 Likes

For me it’s opposite: I prefer playing the odds. First round of the fight isn’t even “true” fight for me, it’s trying to bait out all enemy’s firepower.

Being stable just means, that I have to accept, that team will lose, and stop trying to fix that. Not exactly fun thing to experience, just like it’s not fun to discard underperforming teammate. Makes me wish competitive has surrender button, as to not waste time.

Unless your team is better by default, stable is not enough: you are in race with support from other team, on who can push their team further. And other supports can push their team further, so unless they did their part too early, you won’t have time to catch up.

she has several unique elements to her kit already, and as such, this alleged “need” is already met

1 Like

bruh the mobility from exo boots is basically just good for getting to high ground, using it to dodge something is gonna usually get you killed vs anyone who isn’t a potato aimer.

that’s fine. you can say it’s not enough.

but it’s factually, measurably better than before.

2 Likes

Better in what? In reducing Mercy’s deaths?

Like they say, there are lies, there are blatant lies, and there are statistics.

Are you secretly megadodo?

Megadodo, I’m kidding, don’t be mad at me.

3 Likes

her wins.

agreed. which support valk being measurably better than mass rez

we are secret not lovers, not in a gay marriage, promoting maths and semantics across the world.

3 Likes

If you mean her wins at higher tiers, then correct - players there make better use of damage boost and avoid taking fire, so her healing is sufficient.

But I don’t see it as anything other, than obvious “you need better teammates to win more”.

indeed. and lower tiers just need her base kit.

she’s better all around. just not as popular since the game has changed as a whole including her reputation

In lower tiers you need more healing, so there Mercy wins by playing in duo with overskilled player. Been doing this myself, and it’s simply pocket player carrying team.

You don’t need more healing, if teammates don’t serve any purpose, other than being a target dummies to distract enemy from actual threat.