Mercy is by far the weakest support

Rest of her kit can provide same impact without Valkyrie, making Valkyrie ult of questionable value.

It wasn’t that way at the beginning, but series of nerfs eventually left it with very little, such as +10 hps, not having to switch due to chain beams, and larger safety net for yourself.

1 Like

But it literally can’t. She can’t heal 2 people at once without valk. She can’t damage boost 2 people at once without valk. She can’t fly indefinitely without valk. She can’t go full neptuno the way she can with valk. Like, it’s a an objective fact Valk makes everything she already does better, so in turn it provides more impact than her base kit alone.

1 Like

She can switch between them, effectively buffing them both. And I covered flight as more safety net, which isn’t really that needed.

So, again, it comes down to +10 hps, no switching between teammates, and more personal safety. Those are best qualities Valkyrie has, that indeed, can’t be gained without it.

1 Like

No, she can’t, even hypothetically if she’s beam juggling, the beam is only healing the person it’s on. With valk, that beam is on both, they’re both getting the benefit, at the same exact time.

And that’s only with two people. She can’t beam juggle all 5 team mates and have the same kind of impact as if she had just used valk.

You’re sitting here just straight up lying for an argument.

1 Like

Yes, she can, if it’s good Mercy. I simply dislike, when people portray Valkyrie as something great and powerful, when it’s anything but.

1 Like

She literally can not. One beam = one healed team mate.
With valk, She can heal everybody.

You are not beam juggling and healing 5 people at the same time. Mercy’s heal does not have a residual dot. It’s not possible.

Now stop lying.

1 Like

I am a Mercy main and I still consider Mercy to be the most powerful support. Nothing beats the Caduceus staff. :wink:

1 Like

Yes you do exactly that. Since teammates usually don’t shoot or take damage all at the same time.

So you, without valking, are healing all 5 team mates at the same exact time?

You are by far the best mercy anyone could possibly have ever.

Or. You’re delusional.

2 Likes

I do, if they survive with 50 hps. Unfortunately, usually you need more than that.

What does same exact time mean to you? Honestly.

1 Like

As fast as I can switch, which means about 0.1 s.

Binding switch between healing and damage boost to mouse button can reduce my delays further, but I find it uncomfortable to use.

I don’t know about weakest, but I have the worst time whenever I play her. People get so demanding with her. “Mercy, pocket me!” “Mercy, rez me!” and way more “Heeeeel meeeee!” I honestly don’t know how Mercy mains do it.

And you’re still wrong.

Same exact time, means same exact time. No time inbetween them. Even a fraction of a second is still time between them. Not the same exact time. You are not healing both at the same exact time.

It’s literally impossible, unless you valk.

2 Likes

Arguing semantics? Ok then.

That’s not even semantics. That is literally the argument we’re having. If valk has more impact than her base kit, because valk makes her base kit even better than it already is.

Do words mean anything to you?

1 Like

Not yours. And Valkyrie doesn’t provide necessary “quality jump”, which is why I don’t consider it making anything better.

1 Like

You are really not factoring in things that are important to consider such as how the healing is applied, mobility, utility, and self-sustain.

Mercy is the most mobile and direct healer. Guardian Angel and Hover for getting across gaps or moving in any 35m direction an ally is at. Her healing is hefty, sitting at 50HPS or 60HPS during Valk, and she never has to reload. She also self-heals 1 second after not taking damage. She has a reset button on a 30 second cooldown. She has free flight+AoE heal or boost for an Ultimate.

When it comes to support, she’s the Swiss Army Knife/Medkit. She got it aaaaaall. Except for an actual offensive presence. She’s fine. Just learn to use her Swiss Army Medkit better.

…And here you thought her being Swiss+Super Support had to do with the Swiss flag being used for old timey/cartoon/basic hospitals. YOU FOOL! It was that AND her Swiss Army Knife-life kit as well. After all, where does a Swiss Army Knife go? IN YOUR POCKET and only ONE PERSON CAN USE IT AT A TIME. Her being Swiss has been a 2-for-1 this entire time and you have been thoroughly bamboozled by Blizzard’s complex design, no doubt. BUT IT GETS EVEN MOOOORE CRAZY! The Swiss are in the top 10 for best healthcare around the world. SO IT’S 3-FOR-1.

3 Likes

Sorry, but results concern me more, than mobility. I can get to teammates just fine without Valkyrie, but they still would die.

Then feel free to stay in delusion. Just stop expecting everyone else too.

“it doesn’t make this one thing better, therefor it doesn’t make anything better.”

Okay so Nano is useless because it doesn’t make a team mate jump 3 times their normal height, even though it makes their damage and damage resistance better. but doesn’t make anything better.

You see how bad that argument actually is?

Even worse, your argument isn’t even true. During valk mercy’s momentum Changes, she becomes faster, allowing her to super jump even better.

2 Likes