MERCY Bugs have not been addressed for a Year! A lot of them are game breaking

And I believe the amount per Rez was adjust when she could Rez 4 times in a matter of 20 seconds, but never readjusted when they took out the extra charge and gave it the cast time and slow.

3 Likes

Not all exploits are exploits in nature. Something that was created unintentionally does not mean it’s a bug. As I said before, all exploits are first a feature, It’s devs job to decide if they want to keep it or not.

3 Likes

Wow. Very great and detailed topic. Thank you very much for bringing these bugs into light. I really hope they will be fixed over time!

Welcome to the club.

But if I remember correctly, the Mercy bugs have appeared somewhere after 2018 Pink Mercy event. After a while the bugs were getting more and more frequent

There are some bugs that you didn’t mention that are even more common and arguably more game breaking.

Namely, Mercy does not get ult charge from damage boosting people/kills, no auditory tick sound, and Valk beams not going through enemy barriers properly.

7 Likes

Interesting, these have not been mentioned much and I have missed them. Will look around the threads and will add those posts to the Op if they are valid.

Thank you for adding more info :slight_smile:

Thank you, Ryan! :rosette:

1 Like

This could have been latency, but I’ve had multiple occasions where I’ve been smashing the res key while in range and it doesn’t res for like 3 seconds.

This can make a safe res turn into a dangerous one and a team mate straight up not be able to be ressed.

2 Likes

With good latency, that still happens quite often

1 Like

Alright. Cause I wouldn’t be lagging, but I would still experience that.

I do dislike that sometimes Mercy does not hear any “tick” sounds when a team mate that you are healing / damage boosting does damage to an enemy or kills them. While that isn’t really anything major, but sucks to think that your Junkrat aint landing any bombs spamming so you think you should damage boost another dps

2 Likes

i legitimately thought damage boosting didnt give ult charge period, I thought that was the intended purpose since it’s been that way since I started playing 2 years ago :sweat_smile:

I think this is the valk bug you were talking about

It actually has only been like this for the past few months, after they changed damage boost to apply on projectiles when they got shot rather then when they hit an enemy. This was released during the same time Baptiste came out, so if you played her before that, she got ult charge from damage boosting! But yeah it’s a bad bug!

I’ve been looking through what I can but frick it all, finding things through 2 years ago is hard.

This is a thread from the old forums and there is somebody commenting that Super Jump was patched out, but is now added in again.

And this video with the description of:

“As of patch 1.16.0.2.40990 Mercy vertical boost from PTR is back live.”

I’m still trying to find more about this to just show that:

YES! THE DEVS KNOW! THE dEVS PATCHED IT OUT! THE DEVS PUT IT BACK IN!

Shut up and instead of going on a tirade of a bug that the devs KNOW about and have been fussing with focus on the bugs that make it so she CAN’T UTILIZE HER ENTIRE KIT!

“4. VALK DOES NOT CHAIN HEAL/BOOST THROUGH ENEMY BARRIERS”

EDIT: In a Mercy SuperJump Thread on the old forums there was a link to Goodman talking about Mercy’s momentum bugs. However the link takes you to a 404 error page. Using the Wayback Machine I was able to pull this up:

(Overwatch Forums This is the thread.

This is the now 404’d link: Overwatch Forums)

Geoff GoodmanPrincipal Designer143 posts

5 hours ago

Let me give some extra context for these changes.

First off, these changes will not be included with the other changes on the PTR, which will be coming out with the Halloween update. These Mercy changes are purely something that we’re experimenting with, and there will likely be more changes coming to try out.

There was a bug where Mercy’s Guardian Angel momentum wasn’t slowed correctly sometimes when canceled. This was intensely frustrating for most Mercy players, but some players enjoyed trying to use this bug to gain extra mobility. This bug is important to fix so it doesn’t feel like Mercy randomly gets out of your control, but we’re looking seeing if there is a way to include some of what people enjoyed about this bug as new functionality for her.

To reiterate: These changes aren’t hitting live any time soon. These are just things we want to try out for now, and they are likely to change.

1 Like

Absolutely she needs it. Mercy is nerfed enough as is. If anything offer a trade like increase HPS for superjump. Otherwise stop taking away from hero’s; it’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Careful, fixing a bug might cause them to nerf her.

Also Blizz doesn’t know how to fix bugs really. I still get randomly launched out D.va’s mech into the stratosphere only to fall to my death.

Also sometimes still get a black screen for a second after getting kicked out of D.va’s mech.

These bugs have been in the game since launch. Blizz hasn’t even acknowledged them after countless post and videos showing them.

Not many bugs of her would actually cause a nerf. Most of them would be Quality of life improvements

Thought I’d update this post with a recent Mercy bug fix:

Mercy

• Fixed a bug where Mercy could sometimes mispredict being able to Guardian Angel to a teammate who had died behind a wall.
3 Likes