Mercy 1 Year Later | Was a Rework Really Necessary?

Take your time.

1 Like

For me it’s when Jeff said “If we tone her down too much, we will bring her back.”

They toned her down… So, when are they bringing her back exactly? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

reads title

nope, they could have added a variant extra nerfed of Valk as an E ability and just slightly change old mercy. pretty much that’s it…

4 Likes

I mean, your point about private profiles is silly. And I don’t think it’s unreasonable for people to want to work with the data we do have on the matter.

Yeah, I can understand that. It’s part of why I’m open to the idea of removing it entirely if need be. I would rsther the hero be fun and be in a position that can be balanced without causing a nightmare for everyone involved than to have rez.

See, I enjoy her base kit of simply healing, flying to and fro between my allies, and making an impact by quickly saving their lives. Mass rez was interesting as part of her identity and as a potential reward, but it wasn’t why I play / played her. And I certainly don’t pick her for valk. I think valk is a fine ability if it was toned down for a baseline kit. But as an ult, it’s kind of boring like Widow’s. It’s deceptively strong but it’s hard to appreciate that power spike.

I play for the basekit of feeling like medic from tf2, but far more mobile. That to me is a lot of fun, it feels great saving my friends. Unfortunately, the current rework is now starting to greatly affect her basekit to the point where it’s very difficult to appreciate what she offers at all. And it’s all an attempt to balance baseline rez which doesn’t seem like a good concept or design to me.

2 Likes

Key word being “concept”. It did not literally undo all the changes since beta, which would be a revert.

They typically come out on Tuesdays, two of them were released on Monday this year but since that opportunity is gone we can assume tomorrow!

1 Like

That still doesn’t change a thing? They went backwards with this rework by bringing back Valkyrie.

This rework could have been better if the devs did it right. Sadly they didnt.

This year for Mercy has been a disaster.

That’s exciting! I heard rumors about it being about Pharah and Torb. But I assume that there’s always that possibility of another hero squeezing their way into it (fingers crossed) :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Theres 2 problems with that whole overbuff math thing everyone keeps linking…

A) the fact that overbuff only displays data for people who look themselves up…so it’s already selective data to begin with

B) all that math means diddly if you have zero idea how big a sample you’re taking…no one has any idea how many profiles have gone private since that change happened…which has the potential to make that page representative of just about nothing…again just talking potential

The math is sound but you still have to make some pretty big assumptions

At the end of the day the only data that matters is blizzard’s

Also glad to see OP made a totally unique post this time around…oh wait…no…he didnt

1 Like

Estimation

And this is some math stuff

Where again?

Idk what percent of profiles are private.

I’m playing Overwatch right now, so I’m being slow.

I mean, I don’t think it matters since the data didn’t even change that much after the private profile patch. Only real conclusion is that it didn’t do much.

Which would make me question the data even further given part A…the private profile thing SHOULD affect a page like that…if it didn’t I would strongly question it…

In any case there’s the other part I said which I could’ve labeled C…Either way it’s not the data that matters

I mean, it could just be that not many people have private profiles. I mean, again, you did say that it only logs on people’s stats if they go to the website. People with public profiles are the ones going on the website, right?

I’m sorry, have you tried to assume my gender? That’s very uncultured of you Baja, I expected a lot more from a person of your stature. Do refrain from making generalizations of people next time, thanks!

And My thread is currently the only one in the forums that discusses Mercy a year from now, and thus, if a rework was needed overall in that time span. Thanks for projecting your feelings about me though! You seemed to have missed posting in my threads, as usual. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

YUP! Glad we had that talk. :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like

Sure thing! Thanks for stopping by! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Perhaps… Again…not saying I’m right or you’re wrong…just saying there are plenty of reasons to question what you see on that page…and that’s usually not good when it comes to data

1 Like

From the perspective of a non-mercy player, I feel the rework has flopped horribly. I used to actually see Mercy as a valuable target, and now she just kind of…is. she’s there, but why should I focus her? Especially after 11(?) nerfs?

7 Likes