Mercy 1 Year Later | Was a Rework Really Necessary?

Mercy went from first priority to maybe 3rd on my list of “kill the team in this order”. Ana is definitely up at the top if they’re running her

4 Likes

yes it was. :blush:.

1 Like

I still main Mercy in this meta specifically for that reason (well aside from her being my main). A lot of people in game I’ve played with still have a perception that Mercy is the most valuable pick when Ana is on the team. I personally find it quite amusing seeing them overextend trying to focus me while the Ana on my team picks them off one by one. :blush:

It seems to work pretty well so far. lol

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Actually that is a strong sign that the sample size is significant before and after the profile change.

The biggest question here is whether public profiles can also be linked with different statistics. Public profiles as a significant variable would highly surprise me though.

And indeed, this thread is highly original. As long as none of us is allowed to forget for a few minutes how unfun Mercy is, all is well in the world :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

You know, I like to take part in these mercy discussions because I think I understand her well enough and genuinely enjoy her.

I also wish other topics were just as popular. I love a good discussion on Sym but they seem so rare D:

But yeah, statistically it’s a good sign if there wasn’t a drastic shift.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?q=Mercy%20rework%20order:latest

I mean you’re technically not lying…There are no other posts with your exact same title and many of them only talk about her state 11 months from the change…so not technically a year…I apologize

Mercy needed a rework.

Did she need a new ultimate? No.

Did she need adjustments to Resurrect? Yes.

Simple fixes that could’ve avoided a year of torture with nerf after nerf.

An engaging E ability? Resurrect is far from that. It’s a standalone CD that has no influence to her kit in anyway. What Mercy needed was an offensive E ability that would help keep her engaged in fights. A damage reduction E ability would solve the problem with Mercy not being able to keep anyone alive with 50HP/S.

Engaging playstyle? I mean sure it would help to make her more engaged in a fight if you spent the match before her rework standing behind a wall. To players that used Resurrect in aggressive ways and actually was in the thick of battle zipping from teammate to teammate and picking up fallen allies with Rez, this rework made her even less engaging. Being a flying healing Lucio and a thrift store super charger is not a fun ultimate.

I hope that the developer update is going to address the Mercy issue. Right now Mercy isn’t even in a good state as people claim she is. Mercy is in a good state because she is in a really bad state and Ana is getting the spotlight now.

That’s my two cents. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

I’m just scared they are gonna handle one of the tanks the way they did Mercy. Thank god we mostly stonewalled them about Roadhog and DVa.

I know. Apology accepted. :blush:

I worry about that as well. Quite honestly, I wouldn’t want any hero to go through what Mercy has gone through, no matter how broken they are / were. I don’t think anyone deserves to have their main treated like Mercy is treated currently.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

3 Likes

2 Likes

We’ll never know if it was necessary to rework, because they never tried anything else. They just went straight for the rework

1 Like

Indeed, it is a shame that people are not more engaged in balance and gameplay decisions which could positively affect a hero they don’t play. (Other than summing up why something can’t be done ofc).

It seems to be a popular opinion that it shouldn’t be fun to play against an enemy hero. I’d say the more balanced and engaging a hero is to play, the more fun you’re going to have on playing around their strengths and denying their plays. That doesn’t always work ofc, but it sure beats playing against heroes who play like a wet noodle.

Are you kidding? They KNOW tank mains will get vicious or straight up just leave if they mess with anything. The last thing they need is more players leaving.

1 Like

so that’s how trump does it! Quoting only parts of quotes…it’s genius!

I know I know, just putting that there because I KNOW how Blizz works.

I’ve seen the junk they pulled with WoW and it makes me shudder cause I’m seeing parallels to OW.

My bro who still plays and tells me what’s going down there kinda reflect on similar things happening here.

So shhhhhh don’t jinx it! :no_good_woman::no_good_man:

Inb4 you get a snarky answer how it is indeed genius :stuck_out_tongue:

Followed by this smiley :blush:

Edit: aww I jinxed it. At least I was right about the smiley.

V.S

Which one is Better?
I think the first one is better. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Apologies, this is a forum about Mercy’s Rework, not politics. Let’s stay on topic please. Thank you for your cooperation! :blush:

Well there was a short period where they had the idea of making mercy invulnerable during mass res… Still the jump right into the rework was short-sighted in my opinion. I think they could have certainly done a lot better with how it was handled.

I swear, the first video is so deep. Such a powerful montage!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

4 Likes

Only thing I liked about OP Valk 1.0…

was that was closest thing I know we’ll ever get to having a Rockateer hero.

1 Like

Not in the slightest.

Revert Mercy.

4 Likes