[MEGATHREAD] Fix Roadhog's Hook! (5 Cases, 18 Video Examples)

We need to make more Roadhog threads so that the devs can get their attention on them instead of Mercy Threads.

4 Likes

I honestly am so glad this thread still lives. It’s a real problem and playing even 1 game as Roadhog shows how bad it is.

4 Likes

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 6 hours before trying again.

3 Likes

Excellent post. Hopefully a dev will take the time to read this.

4 Likes

I’m thinking to make an updated version of this one with more examples.
But I need time for it so it’s better to keep this one live for some time.

1 Like

I never have it break on me. I just jump on top of him once he’s pulled me in, before he shoots. It works a solid 75% of the time for me.

1 Like

Hook is busted yo. Pls fix.

2 Likes

Try playing him against Tracer, Genji or any other mobility character, then see whether it really works solid 75% or 50% of the time.

If you make it through a match against a mobility hero as Roadhog at the moment, you have more patience than I do.

2 Likes

this is what finally made me stop playing Roadhog. If I land a hook on a tracer and she isn’t behind a wall or object, I damn well expect her to be pulled to me. Not for her to BLINK AND BREAK THE HOOK.

4 Likes

This is something really frustrating us Roadhog players. They need to fix his bugs and all other hero’s as well.

The thing that frustrates me other than the hook bugs is how inconsistent scrapgun is. Sometimes when you do the hook+LMB+ quick melee combo your target might take 250+ damage, or barely take any damage at all. The inconsistency is killing me.

2 Likes

That’s True,
I’ve seen this happening against Hanzo and Reaper.

This is just sad…

1 Like

Yes you’re right,

I’m only playing Zarya and Rein from tank class currently.

Completely floored by the lack of response on this. Really losing faith in the development of this game quickly. I used to get the sense that they cared but over the last year they have completely lost it.

1 Like

If I can add a couple more video examples, here you go:

After Tracer used Blink:

After Widow uses Grappling Hook:

I know you already have a couple regarding the Tracer Blink case, and that both of these videos are older. But given that they still occur even to this day, I don’t think it should invalidate this kind of thing.

#FixRoadhog’sHook

1 Like

I hope someday they’re gonna watch this since rein’s bugs are fixed.

Fix Roadhog

1 Like

Yes,

100% Agreed…