Roadhog can one shot hooked target again

I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news. Emongg said Roadhog’s secondary fire is about to be nerfed with more damage fall off.

Roadhog coukd always 1 shot targets after hook, it is just alot harder to do it.

He can also shoot/hook/shoot/melee combo any 200 char.

You are completely wrong. There’s not a single hero in the game who is a 100% kill after hook. Cree Tracer and baby D.Va die 90% of times, yeah. All the other heroes are like 50/50, if not worse. Many of them have like a 20% chance to die to the combo, they usually get away or Roadhog simply gets killed.

Diamond level Zarya main complaining about roadhog I don’t understand. Literally just press E in his general direction or shift after you get hooked.

Complaining about Roadhog’s hook? What year is it, 2016?
Waiting for Symmetra lock on beam complaint thread next.

1 Like

Wait… so OP is complaining that Roadhog can insta-gib someone with a combo limited to every 8 seconds at best, but hasn’t said a word about Widowmaker, Doomfist, Hanzo, Zenyatta, or McCree?

2 Likes

that was possible since the beginning of the current hook version…

What if instead of killing his target… Roadhog’s hook target is latched onto his chest and becomes his armor for x-amount of seconds?

1 Like

Roadhog is fine. Lots of people even think he needs a buff. He was never intended to not be able to one shot. It was intended that it should be harder to do and that the hook shouldn’t be able to go through time and space to pull you in when it clearly shouldn’t have.

It’s pretty balanced now. Not every hook results in a one shot. It takes skill to be a good Roadhog and pull it off consistently. I main D.Va and I hate playing against Roadhog, but he isn’t unfair. He doesn’t need a nerf.

I meant in the sense that he doesn’t need any nerfs not that he is bug free. Those are bugs and should be fixed.

2 Likes

I don’t like it at all when there’s a major ability of a hero meant to kill enemies that “forces teamplay”. Last I checked shoving a shotgun in someones face isn’t supposed to be teamplay it’s supposed to be shoving a shotgun in someones face.

2 Likes

Yes, I am. Forcing teamplay sucks for everbody because no hero can truly do anything basically.

1 Like

Combo = Requires multiple sources of input.
One-Shot = One action.

Roadhog:

Right Click, Hook, Primary Fire, Melee (on small targets)
Hook, Primary Fire, Melee (on medium targets)

Anything (large targets).

McCree, Zen, and Doomfist (if he has no shields) can be combo’d by Roadhog.
This is fine.
This is intended.

Roadhog’s combo wasn’t removed, it was never meant to be removed.
It was meant to be made harder to do.

Which it is.
Although that’s more to the fact that, well, he has the most inconsistent spread/firing pattern in the entire game, with no center pellet on his shotgun.
With the lowest ammo capacity of the shotgun heroes (excluding Doomfist because Doomfist has a fixed spread pattern).

No. The nerfs/buffs (NOT A REWORK), were there to remove the ease of which casual players were able to land a hook combo.

Roadhog 1.0 could be picked up by the average Mercy main with 0 experience and 0 hours on Hog, and, just like with scatter- use a dead mechanic.

Roadhog requires teamplay in his current form.
He heavily relies on it because he cannot get guaranteed output due to the RNG issues, alongside the multiple bugs he has.

^^ I second this.

i sometimes forget roadhog even exists, lets nerf him.

If anything, he needs to be doing all of that you complained about more consistently, because that is what he brings to the table as a character.

He’s in a bad spot right now, did you know?

Can roadhog actually get to see the light of day again before people want to nerf him again? I miss my ally roadhogs…

Or just don’t get hooked? Easier than not getting 1-shot by a sniper, that’s for sure. Why aren’t you complaining about snipers?

2 Likes

Most people in this game don’t like to be responsible for their own actions and call for nerfs because of it. Sad but true.