[MEGATHREAD] Fix Roadhog's Hook! (5 Cases, 18 Video Examples)

Dude what was that last one

1 Like

I prefer to think of it like his shotgun. Sometimes it works, sometimes you hit the rest of everything when your enemy is point blank. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thanks for telling that my friend, but I saw your post referring to Dr.Riku’s video about his main, so I thought you came up with that post first.

Anyhow I’m always ready to support your thread :sweat_smile:

Watching those videos makes me so angry, thank god I stopped playing this trash game.

4 Likes

Another TOP 500 Roadhog Main ‘Cyx’ made a video on sharing his thoughts about Roadhog’s current state including all of his issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls8SY_n7j_4

This is also pretty interesting.

1 Like

i love all these eventually if we make enough noise they need to listen one day

1 Like

Ofc they need to…

Roadhog will just rot in the trashcan like Bastion.

2 Likes

I hope he doesn’t, he’s still viable than him.

If hooks break when they aren’t supposed to, then WTF is this?

youtu.be/rVsutFKbqBc

Edit: No wait, forget I asked, I know the answer already, “Lag”

Can’t say since you didn’t showed that from Hog’s perspective.

So it’s hard to judge it from here,

Then you don’t know that when a target is out of LOS, the hook is intended to break?

Yes I know it,

I’m saying that the situation would’ve been more clear if you showed that from Hog’s side.

Slow the video down to 0.25

Is that clear enough?

That hook should never have been possible, I even showed it to two of my GM friends and they both agreed with me, that it was clearly out of LOS.

You are also not supposed to get pulled AROUND corners, that was fixed a while ago.

This should never be possible that Hook doesn’t break when enemy it out of LOS,
when these days hook is breaking when the enemy is in the LOS.

If you’ve a recording of that full match, do share it.

Sadly I don’t, if I did, the video would end up being 20GB in size before I render it down.

Just to lazy, I guess next time I play I can do a twitch recording if I see anything wonky like that again.

1 Like

So we have a reproducable bug. Obviously the dasher has priority over the hook.
Higher elo knows that and uses it.
Roadhig is not viable because of that. Blizzard is not even recognizing the problem, offered to the by clear video proof. I could start using something to record the hook bugs myself and a ton of them.

Mercy dash, genji dash, hanzo dash. they all cancel the hook and fast players know that and use it. Thats bs.

1 Like

getting out of a hook that isn’t supposed to break but it does for no reason does qualify for being broken

i love roadhog and mained him for about 3 seasons and in my opinion he’s balanced but he’s underperforming because of how broken his hook is and the devs don’t want to admit it and so far not even fix it

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong of course, I agree I’ve seen the hook issues beyond the one I’ve shown here.

Hopefully he gets fixed.

1 Like