Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

since last update got a bug where the keys randomly still go on even after i stop pressing them

13 Likes

Lmao I think you have the exact same laptop as me and I also have this bug. Could be because we have low specs? I’m running overwatch on intel hd 5500 xD

2 Likes

i have the same problem

3 Likes

my laptop have a hd graphics 4400 and a geforce gt 820m and i always play my games with nvidia graphics card

maybe, but i dont think so, on halloween event it was just fine

2 Likes
2 Likes

Greetings all. I apologize for my English, I am not a native speaker.

I faced the same issue the day before yesterday and since then the problem persists. When I press any movement key (let’s say A) for about 2-5 seconds, the hero start to walk by himself in the adjusted direction. Pressing any other movement key (W, S, D in this case) causes the hero “disobey” my command like the “bugged” movement key is constantly locked. However if I press the same key (A) again, the hero stops moving, but during the battle it can’t be an easy task to figure out. Any other keys like Shift, Ctrl, Q, E, Space bar, Mouse buttons etc. work fine.

In addition I must say, that the other games work smoothly and without any similar problems.

Holy Sigmar, bless this ravaged game!

11 Likes

Same as me and it’s explained above like the WASD keys get toggled for no reason and stays stickied until it’s pressed again. I thought it was a problem with my keyboard but after switching, the problem still persists. I had no problems before the recent patches.

Update: The same thing happens when you press tab. It won’t go away unless you press it again. I guess it’s almost everything on your keyboard. Crouch toggled too when I did not have it on toggle

5 Likes

me too, but i had no problem playing pubg

1 Like

I cant even play because of this bug they need to fix this before it spread out of control

2 Likes

Same issue here. Makes the game at best frustratingly unplayable. Going to try a fresh install of the game, we’ll see

2 Likes

Please tell us if it improves because the devs arnt paying attention to this

I have the same problems since the last update two days ago. This can´t be a hardware problem, as we see for these many replies from so different places.

2 Likes

Maybe if we keep posting we might have a chance for them to develop a patch immediately because i dont wanna risk anymore sr in-game

joining this convo and hope they will fix this rubbish. has ruined several comp games now… have exactly the same bug, although nothing fixes it at all in my case.

I’ve experienced the same before and i have a deskop with pretty decent specs.

1 Like

Same problem with movement, but also sometimes the when I check team overlay using tab i get stuck there. When do you think devs will fix this?

3 Likes

Heads up, reinstalling the game will not fix the bug, at least not for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info friend its a major bug. -sigh- OW2 is announced the game goes whack

Its really bad i lose control of my movement and and it always hurts my gameplay. Even after deleting the cache, swaping keyboards to one of a different brand and reinstalling the game the problem presist constantly.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem on a brand new key board and a fresh install. super frustrating.

3 Likes