Movement key bug is back

Just wanna say I also have this issue, I am playing on a Logitech G pro keyboard.

Having the Same issue. Started over the last two weeks.

The WADEQ keys that have me go forward, side to side, launch Q to drop the bomb with D.VA and rapid fire with E – do NOT work well in Overwatch. After the last patch, the keys don’t register as well to move me in Overwatch like they used to. This is a first for me. I’ve uninstalled Steam, don’t have Discord, uninstalled and reinstalled Overwatch, and it still doesn’t work! That’s so frustrating that something has happened to a game that I enjoy playing and no idea how to fix it! It’s not my computer because the keys work just fine in WoW and I can type in a Word doc without it spazzing out like in OW. Get it fixed!! What the heck did you guys do in the last update? Everything was fine before that!

You might want to create a new post for this because it doesn’t sound like the same issue that started this thread.

I’m having the same issue. PC, seems to have started a couple weeks ago after Halloween some time. A few friends have also noticed it and it happens often enough that it heavily impacts gameplay.

Same problem since the end of the halloween event.

this bug is killing me. please fix this asap, blizz!! unplayable!!!

Try turning on the high precision mouse input. It fixed the problem for me and others, but it created a crouching bug. The trade off it worth it, though.

the input bug is mostly related to “ssd key input” in to the game i can it can mostly be recreated in main game play but not in test environment of the practice range

same problem here…

Noticed this while playing Wrecking ball. Really messes you up when you go to roll through them forward and you just stop moving instead.

Same problem. unplayable!!!

Yep, and if I remember correctly this is indeed quite an old one.

Enabling high precision mouse input should fix this issue.

I too am having this issue. I updated the firmware in my keyboard, mouse pad and mouse. It makes the game unplayable. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Have you tried enabling high precision mouse input?

I am having the same issue. It’s getting worse. I have swapped at mouse and keyboards all the same issue. Is there a fix? Not an internet issue… less then 55 ms consistently with wired connection.

Here’s the main thread: Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

Dev’s have responded, try what they’ve said.
(Enabling high precision mouse input usually fixes it.)

Having this issue as well. Can’t we fix it without setting it to high precision mouse input since it is a keyboard issue? I don’t want to tax my pc further for no reason.

Well the keyboard issue seems to be related within the client, and i was also suprised that high precision mouse input fixed it.

I’ll be citating everything from what could be useful to troubleshoot this issue from what the dev’s have said:

Hey folks,
I moved this into the Tech category since we’ve been getting some contacts on this recently and we have some suspicions on what’s causing it/would like to get more information. As far as we can tell this looks like it’s probably a third party program conflict, since it’s not affecting everyone. Do any of you have any software which has mouse/keyboard macro functionality - even if it’s not there to run your mouse/keyboard? (Logitech Gaming Software, Corsair Link, Razer Synapse, etc?)
If so, can you temporarily uninstall all of those and retest? If that doesn’t work, how about disabling other applications - especially those with overlays like Discord or Overwolf? You may need to restart after doing uninstalls/disabling programs in order to ensure that the programs are fully removed from the picture.
I’ve updated the thread title to see if we can gather some more reports.
(Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch - #25 by Drakuloth)

Hey folks,
Around when this started, we implemented a new setting for mouse pointer precision . As far as we can tell there’s SOMETHING going on with some kind of mouse incompatibility with these frozen commands, so we’re trying to gather info on what works around the problem to see where the issue lies. We’re still gathering data, which is why we’re asking these questions. They’re not so much intended to be “fixes” as help us answer the question of what to look at for a cause.
Can you try turning on the High Precision Mouse Input setting?
This setting can be accessed by:

1. Opening your Options on the main menu or in game menu
  2. Choosing the Gameplay tab at the top
  3. Scrolling waaaaay to the bottom to enable High Precision Mouse Input
    Let us know whether or not this works for you. We’re also curious if other mice work around the problem, if you have different mice available to test on.

In this case it hasn’t worked for you guys then go to the main thread and post a reply there: Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch - #68 by ShotgunBeck-1590

1 Like