Main Thread - Movement keys sticking since last patch

Same problem since the latest update on Monday. Sometimes movement keys stay stuck even not when pressed and goes back to normal when pressed again. Only happens in Overwatch.

4 Likes

I have already posted in another thread, but I will post here too. I am having the same problem. I think it is a lag issue, honestly. The problem comes in waves and there are some other positioning and lag issues I have noticed in game.

1 Like

Same as me. Me too made a bug report of this issue.

1 Like

Same thing here, the key gets stuck (only in game, not physically) and it just keeps moving in that direction until I press it again.

1 Like

Hey folks,

I moved this into the Tech category since weā€™ve been getting some contacts on this recently and we have some suspicions on whatā€™s causing it/would like to get more information. As far as we can tell this looks like itā€™s probably a third party program conflict, since itā€™s not affecting everyone. Do any of you have any software which has mouse/keyboard macro functionality - even if itā€™s not there to run your mouse/keyboard? (Logitech Gaming Software, Corsair Link, Razer Synapse, etc?)

If so, can you temporarily uninstall all of those and retest? If that doesnā€™t work, how about disabling other applications - especially those with overlays like Discord or Overwolf? You may need to restart after doing uninstalls/disabling programs in order to ensure that the programs are fully removed from the picture.

Iā€™ve updated the thread title to see if we can gather some more reports.

3 Likes

Ever since S19 started ive had this same bug where my character would randomly move in a different direction when I dont even press that movement button (WASD). I dont have this problem in any other game or at anytime when using my device.

The same thing is happening to me. Originally I thought it was because I was playing through WINE on my desktop with Manjaro Linux installed. But my roommate was experiencing the same thing on their Windows 10 installation as well.

Our hardware is different, though we both have Logitech ā€œmiceā€ and different keyboards. We also both have Discord installed and running. But that honestly shouldnā€™t make a difference between this patch and last patch.

Please fix this ASAP as Iā€™ve lost games because it happens in clutch moments. Such as suddenly walking backwards off a cliff.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been running Logitech Gaming Software and I donā€™t have this problem. Just throwing that out there for diagnostics. :man_shrugging:

I shouldnā€™t find this funny but I do :laughing:

As did I. The first timeā€¦

Iā€™m having this issue as well. At first I thought it was because my GPU died and I was running the game at low settings on the IGP, but it sounds like that might just be a poorly timed coincidence.

I donā€™t have any software with overlays, but I do have a Logitech mouse with a macro function Iā€™ve never used. Iā€™ll try testing with that uninstalled.

1 Like

@LameSauce did it work?

Hey!

This issue has been driving me insane these past few days, and like others have said, nothing really helped.
My laptop has pretty good specs for OW with a GTX1060, 16GB RAM and an i7, my mouse is a very simple Roccat LUA, my keyboard a Logitech G610.
I did completely shut down Discord for an hour now and played a few matches. Since I played without Discord on the side, I have not experienced the bug anymore.
So, likely itā€™s an issue with that. Needless to say, it still should be fixed ASAP, as I communicate all night with my people on Discord :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ElWackowski that doesnt work i fully uninstalled discord and i still have the same problem. Its the game please dont joke with us.

2 Likes

Same problem here since last patch. WASD and Tab was working fine, but now itā€™s sticking for no reason. Tried reinstalling, but didnā€™t work. So, i thought it was something wrong with my notebookā€™s keyboard. Replaced it, didnā€™t work either. I also tried different versions of the nvidia geforce experience driver and reinstalling keyboard drivers with no success. Closing Razer Synapse 2.0 didnā€™t solved eitherā€¦ I donā€™t even have Discord installed, soā€¦

FIX ASAP PLS >_>

W10
Dell 5557
Nvidia 930M

2 Likes

Ive been having this same issue on OW. Its not just WASD keys its all inputs for me. When the bug happens suddenly OW stops taking mouse tracking inputs and randomly M2 (scope or blink) will activate while one of my movement keys holds. It only last a short bit for me but I know people who have had the same thing happen and persist.

Im running on Windows10, i7 4770, GTX1060 6gb, Only software I have with macro functionality is steelseries driver software.

Ive tried to repair the game with the battlenet repair function, that also didnt work.

Hope the team can figure this out soon, GL

2 Likes

I do not run background programs on my computer. I actually went and downloaded G Hub after I started experiencing the problem, thinking it was my drivers or something.

That said, I played a match today and did not experience the movement issue. However, I experienced crippling lag that made the game unplayable and it is not from my internetā€“I tested it. Download speeds are over 250 and upload speeds are over 50.

1 Like

My wife was just playing and it started happening to her. It only happens during matches. She didnā€™t have any problems in the training grounds. We didnā€™t have this problem during the Halloween event. I hope they fix this issue before this Mercy event ends.

2 Likes

Hey all,

Iā€™d like to gather some info on these issues. Please reply with as much of the following as possible:

• Mouse model/manufacturer
  • Keyboard model/manufacturer
  • Tested different device? Y/N

Thanks!

1 Like

The problem started on my cyberpowerpc keyboard, but then I tried unplugging and playing with the Xbox One controller instead while leaving the keyboard unplugged. The problem persisted.

1 Like